Death Stranding 2 trailer

Wilmer Digreux

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I'm not sure about this. Did anybody want another one?

Kojima also announced after DS2 he's doing a new action espionage game.

and I've heard about something he's working on called OD, but idk anything about that one. I guess it's a horror game akin to PT?

I figured there would be. From the trailer I saw I am glad there is. I’d like to see more of where the story goes.

Thought the first was a masterpiece. But I recognize it's a title you either consider a masterpiece or pile of dogshit. There isn't much in between opinion on that game.

A sequel though? That's pushing it Kojima. Get back to making P.T., fuckface!

Trailer was so good it convinced me to try the first one. I’ll play it when there’s a slower release schedule. Decima engine is something else man…. between this and Horizon it’s clear it’s one of the best engines. Horizon 3 will be even more stunning without it being crossgen. Sony should use it more

Thought the first was a masterpiece. But I recognize it's a title you either consider a masterpiece or pile of dogshit. There isn't much in between opinion on that game.

A sequel though? That's pushing it Kojima. Get back to making P.T., fuckface!

Not to be a contrarian, but I kinda am in the middle.

I didn't finish it, but I didn't hate it either. I didn't hate that it legitimately was a 'walking simulator', and I liked the world building and the creepiness of the shadow enemies.

But, equally, I couldn't totally get into it.

Hopefully this one isn't a walking simulator.

You're expecting the sequel to do something different than the first game that made it so popular? I get you didn't like it but it has a 9/10 on Steam. They aren't going to change the game to appease the people who didn't like it. They'll be fine selling it to the people who enjoyed it.

You're expecting the sequel to do something different than the first game that made it so popular? I get you didn't like it but it has a 9/10 on Steam. They aren't going to change the game to appease the people who didn't like it. They'll be fine selling it to the people who enjoyed it.

You think the people who enjoyed it don't want better gameplay?

You think the people who enjoyed it don't want better gameplay?

Depends on what you mean by "better". You didn't like that it was a walking simulator but I did. So if they are going to do things that make that part of the game even more fun sure. If it's to remove it and add more combat, no thanks. The combat sections were actually my least favorite part. I started just spending my time running the whole time during combat.

Never played the first one and assumed it didn't warrant a sequel.

Curious about the action whatevers game.

I'm flabbergasted this game got a sequel. One of the worst "gaming" experiences I ever subjected myself to.

And it had the most hype behind it because of Kojima, who supposedly was forced to slave away on MGS games for over a decade, while he dreamed to have been developing.... a walking simulator?

Kojima is the Tim Burton of game development - once a visionary, but now a washed-up has-been.

I wound up liking the first one. It was a very unique experience, and there was something about the "mood" of the game that was really cool. I actually think there's plenty of room for improvement in a sequel and a truly great game could be made.

And it had the most hype behind it because of Kojima, who supposedly was forced to slave away on MGS games for over a decade, while he dreamed to have been developing.... a walking simulator?

Kojima is the Tim Burton of game development - once a visionary, but now a washed-up has-been.

PT was supposed to be good. I never played it. I did start Death Stranding a while back and although the atmosphere and whatnot are good the gameplay so far is pretty crap. Literally just walk around while balancing yourself with left and right click. Not sure if it gets better.

PT was supposed to be good. I never played it. I did start Death Stranding a while back and although the atmosphere and whatnot are good the gameplay so far is pretty crap. Literally just walk around while balancing yourself with left and right click. Not sure if it gets better.

The entirety of the PT Demo is on YouTube, but I wasn't impressed. It looked great and was intriguing... but I have doubts it could have been sustainable for an entire game, or it would have been very short, like 5-6 hours max.

MGS5 had great graphics and mechanics... but the open world was horrible and the story was shit. Very doubtful if it was 'completed' in Kojima's vision, it would have been so much better to overcome its huge flaws.

Past MGS3, which is one of the GOATs, Kojima has progressively become a worse and worse director.

I haven't played it, but it seems like it's a game that for whatever reason, gets under your skin after a while(in a good way). A lot of modern reviews seem to read like they can't explain why they like it, but they just do. It's not Kojima fanboy shit either. There seems to be something to the gameplay that gets hypnotic after a while.

It always looked like pure torture to play to me, but the evolution of the impressions from the day it was launched up until now, is interesting.

I haven't played it, but it seems like it's a game that for whatever reason, gets under your skin after a while(in a good way). A lot of modern reviews seem to read like they can't explain why they like it, but they just do. It's not Kojima fanboy shit either. There seems to be something to the gameplay that gets hypnotic after a while.

It always looked like pure torture to play to me, but the evolution of the impressions from the day it was launched up until now, is interesting.

Yea I can't really explain it either. Even if I tried it would just sound boring. In fact the things I hated the most is when they tried to force monsters/action fights on me and I just wanted to continue delivering my items. I would run from enemies as much as I could actually. I never did any side activities though I just follow the main story but that was enough for me and I had a good time with the game.

Back