Deblass, Gordon Ryan, still training BJJ at Gym

Problem is, deblass made a IG post daming gyms that were open during this time. He then goes on to have multiple people training at his gym risking cross contamination .
I'm sure they're leaving their houses at some point to get certain essentials like food as they run out with delivery services swamped just like everywhere else that has a lockdown too.

They're in the city with roughly a 3rd of the confirmed U.S. cases and a similar number of the death total so far.
Gordn Ryan is the nogi GOAT king. He can do whatever the fuck he wants and all these soyboys can cry and continue being sheeples.
'Libtards
soyboys
sheeples

Aren't you a middle-aged man?

Have a word with yourself ffs :)

yeah i'm sure the requirement to have money in order to get treated will curb the number of deaths significantly compared to countries where you don't need cash to see a doctor.

3000 deaths a day isn't going to happen? it was 140 on the 23rd and 570 on the 30th. it's going to happen in 10 days, tops. exponential growth is fucking horrifying when it's applied to a global pandemic's death rate.

now i'm not trying to give you shit, i honestly, sincerely hope that you're right and that the US healthcare system does in fact slow this shit down to a crawl. but considering the current trajectory and the fact that more than half the country still thinks this is some elaborate political scam, it isn't looking good.
Free insurance isn’t free, don’t be stupid. Also, most insurance companies are waving copayment for Coronavirus treatments. We also have Medicare for older people and Medicaid for poor people. Hospitals also legally can’t turn away and not treat someone who comes in.

And yes the profit motive will make American hospitals and treatment better, I don’t see how that’s controversial? When people get sick they come here if they can afford it, luckily I’d rather be broke and live than get “free” shit and die

Free insurance isn’t free, don’t be stupid. Also, most insurance companies are waving copayment for Coronavirus treatments. We also have Medicare for older people and Medicaid for poor people. Hospitals also legally can’t turn away and not treat someone who comes in.

And yes the profit motive will make American hospitals and treatment better, I don’t see how that’s controversial? When people get sick they come here if they can afford it, luckily I’d rather be broke and live than get “free” shit and die
like i said, i wasn't trying to start anything hostile with you.

but the fact of the matter is, the US public is far more reluctant to seek medical care than anyone outside of US, due to the costs. in systems with universal healthcare, people pay their taxes and never even consider costs when they fall ill. this simply isn't the case in the US, and during a pandemic like this one, hesitation before seeking treatment is a very bad thing.

there is absolutely nothing happening in the for profit hospitals in the US that isn't happening in hospitals in europe or canada, as far as treatment of covid-19 goes. i'm sure you're imagining spanish and italian hospitals to be some early 20th century shitholes where doctors smoke and everything looks like it's soviet russia, but they aren't. people are dying in large numbers, while treated by modern medicine. it's a matter of overwhelming all available staff, not a lack of quality in treatment. a hospital being for profit does not increase their ability to cope with a huge surge of viral infections, i suspect it's actually quite the opposite.

but i'll gladly eat crow if it turns out that the insurance companies scamming US citizens and hospitals looking to turn a profit actually results in amazing treatment and really low death tolls. i would love to be wrong on this one, friend. i just don't see it happening.

Two things I have taken from this thread other than the OT.

- Some Americans vastly underestimate the health care of other western countries. You’d have to threaten me at gunpoint to have the American system instead of my socialized (what a scary word!) health care.

- Kenpeters has some sort of brain damage.

like i said, i wasn't trying to start anything hostile with you.

but the fact of the matter is, the US public is far more reluctant to seek medical care than anyone outside of US, due to the costs. in systems with universal healthcare, people pay their taxes and never even consider costs when they fall ill. this simply isn't the case in the US, and during a pandemic like this one, hesitation before seeking treatment is a very bad thing.

there is absolutely nothing happening in the for profit hospitals in the US that isn't happening in hospitals in europe or canada, as far as treatment of covid-19 goes. i'm sure you're imagining spanish and italian hospitals to be some early 20th century shitholes where doctors smoke and everything looks like it's soviet russia, but they aren't. people are dying in large numbers, while treated by modern medicine. it's a matter of overwhelming all available staff, not a lack of quality in treatment. a hospital being for profit does not increase their ability to cope with a huge surge of viral infections, i suspect it's actually quite the opposite.

but i'll gladly eat crow if it turns out that the insurance companies scamming US citizens and hospitals looking to turn a profit actually results in amazing treatment and really low death tolls. i would love to be wrong on this one, friend. i just don't see it happening.
Basically the theory would be for profit hospitals would have less of a shortage because price fixing messes with supply curve and creates shortages or excess. Unfortunately the us system is price fixed too, so there are shortages, but theoretically it shouldn’t be as bad as a public health system. Also hospitals would be more willing and able to buy better equipment, spend more to have better facilities than others, etc.. But yea I don’t feel like debating it either sorry haha I hope this blows over quickly too

the first time i saw tonon was on that rapist's kumite tournament, and i can't recall what the issue was between him and some other competitor, but the other guy was really badly disrespected by gary and walked away or something. you see the shit on tape, tonon being a massive cunt.

anyway, tonon is interviewed about it afterwards and says that he did nothing disrespectful, and it was actually the other guy that was disrespectful towards him. i remember watching that and thinking is this fucking guy for real? i mean we just saw him do that shit.

this must've been more than 10 years ago, when they were all brown belts. i figured by now he stopped being a ridiculous fucking man-baby, but nope, it seems like he still handles criticism like a 4 year old.

youre thinking of sean roberts and i think silveiro? (sp?) sean kept grabbing his hand around all four fingers and the guy got fed up and quit over it, but it wasnt anything dirty

there may have been something with tonon but i think that might be the situation youre talking about

yeah i'm sure the requirement to have money in order to get treated will curb the number of deaths significantly compared to countries where you don't need cash to see a doctor.

3000 deaths a day isn't going to happen? it was 140 on the 23rd and 570 on the 30th. it's going to happen in 10 days, tops. exponential growth is fucking horrifying when it's applied to a global pandemic's death rate.

now i'm not trying to give you shit, i honestly, sincerely hope that you're right and that the US healthcare system does in fact slow this shit down to a crawl. but considering the current trajectory and the fact that more than half the country still thinks this is some elaborate political scam, it isn't looking good.
It doesn't help when you have guys like deblass and his goons thinking they're above all this - and there are tonnes of people like that who seem to think this is not that big a deal and since they're young and healthy that it does apply to them.

Then you have morons like that guy in this thread claiming it's some sort of Liberal agenda against him and BJJ gyms.

I'll say it again - it has been mainly BJJ gyms and figures that are the ones complaining or just ignoring the insolation and quarantine measures to try and help curb this pandemic.

Every Muay thai/kickboxing/boxing gym that I follow on social media has been on board and are dealing with it and doing what the experts are asking (most are shut down till the end of April). Then you have deblass and his kind just bitching about not being able to "train".

Love BJJ but it seems to attract some of the biggest morons more than any other martial art nowadays.

youre thinking of sean roberts and i think silveiro? (sp?) sean kept grabbing his hand around all four fingers and the guy got fed up and quit over it, but it wasnt anything dirty

there may have been something with tonon but i think that might be the situation youre talking about
i remember that too, but it was tonon that pulled some shit on someone and then bizarrely claimed to be the victim. i think his opponent finished up the match but gary was acting a fool throughout. his douche face was burned into my memory for ever, he was that much of an asshole.

i think it was against that hungarian guy. not really sure, and i don't want to go look it up because fuck lloyd the rapist irvin.

I guess were all just sheep but anyhow - I follow some athletes (mainly runners and fitness enthusiasts) who are also nurses and the sentiment is the same - they're on the front lines and having to deal with this face first. And all they're asking of us is to stay home till this pandemic is under control.

But I guess according to the selfish and entitled crowd it's all a Libtard conspiracy against BJJ gyms and athletes.

Um they dont live in the us and brazil doesnt have an out break.

With how big a shithole some parts of brazil didn't they just decide that stop the virus was impossible and avoided any lockdowns?

With how big a shithole some parts of brazil didn't they just decide that stop the virus was impossible and avoided any lockdowns?

Because the virus didnt reach them. Simple as that. It it korea then moved to western europe then US/canada.

Because the virus didnt reach them. Simple as that. It it korea then moved to western europe then US/canada.

They have 8k cases in brazil and they refuse to shut anything down.

yet. they're also dealing with the "my president is a toddler and thinks leadership is throwing a tantrum" problem that we've got in america.

luckily, much like in America, it seems that more intelligent/responsible people are just outright ignoring him and taking their own precautions

yet. they're also dealing with the "my president is a toddler and thinks leadership is throwing a tantrum" problem that we've got in america.

luckily, much like in America, it seems that more intelligent/responsible people are just outright ignoring him and taking their own precautions

The only world expert i would listen to is this guy:

the first time i saw tonon was on that rapist's kumite tournament, and i can't recall what the issue was between him and some other competitor, but the other guy was really badly disrespected by gary and walked away or something. you see the shit on tape, tonon being a massive cunt.

anyway, tonon is interviewed about it afterwards and says that he did nothing disrespectful, and it was actually the other guy that was disrespectful towards him. i remember watching that and thinking is this fucking guy for real? i mean we just saw him do that shit.

this must've been more than 10 years ago, when they were all brown belts. i figured by now he stopped being a ridiculous fucking man-baby, but nope, it seems like he still handles criticism like a 4 year old.
I remember this. Tonon's opponent was from Italy and spoke limited English. I think Tonon was doing cartwheels around the mat, or something similar.

Can they realistically even do anything?
If the thing is unstoppable there and everyone is going to get infected anyway why kill the economy beforehand and not train while you can?
40k+ were murdered in Brazil last year, with the economy falling apart I would imagine widespread anarchy.

I remember this. Tonon's opponent was from Italy and spoke limited English. I think Tonon was doing cartwheels around the mat, or something similar.

The argument wasn't with the italian guy (my fellow contryman Luca Anacoreta) but with turkish Ilke Bulut. I've re-watched the Kumite many times in the years, one of the most entertaining tournies out there, such a shame it was Lloyd's stuff.

They have a brazilian trump in charge so this is not surprise.

According to that logic Angela merkel and Emmanuel Macron must be worse than trump considering they have higher infection rates than the US.

Back