Decha Boxing Gloves Review

First of all, thanks to @Minowafanatic for opening the thread.
I also posted this review on Reddit, so don't be surprised if you've maybe already read it on there

My first glove review, which will be updated every now and then. I plan on reviewing every pair of gloves I currently have or will get (Boon, Top King both 16oz), some 18oz Twins should follow this year :)

I wasn't payed in any kind of way for this review!

Decha is a rather unknown, niche company that currently only sells over muaythaigoods.com, so that's where I ordered

I was very skeptical bc of the low price of the gloves in comparision to Twins, Top King etc, 45$ seemed to low for quality leather gloves.

Today the gloves arrived, so here's a quick overview about the looks, feel/build and fit of the glove.

Note: I'm a heavyweight (255lbs) and punch through alot of gloves. At the same time, my hands are very small. My wrists are on the low average.

Like most Thai-made gloves, the DECHA's come in lighter than they should. Both gloves are 13,7oz, while my 16oz Boons were 14,1; 16oz Top Kings were 14,1 as well.

LOOKS:

The gloves look aesthatically pleasing to me, nice, bright colors and shape. The shape of the gloves is comparable to Twins or Top King gloves, somewhere inbetween them.

FEEL / BUILD:

The leather of the gloves feels noticeably thinner than the leather of Boon or Top King gloves, but not bad in any way. It's very soft to the touch and not as sturdy as the leather of the other gloves. It doesn't seem to be full grain leather. The lining of the gloves is made from nylon and sits tight enough not to get tangled up between your fingertips. The inside of the thumb is without lining, like in Top King gloves. The padding is comparable to the padding in Yokkao gloves, but thicker on the knuckles and the wrist. It's spongy and feels very protective. The wrist is very well padded.

FIT:

The wrist is very tight and secure, it fits tighter than the velcro of Boon gloves, which are very secure. The sizing of the hand compartment of the gloves is a little shorter than in Top King or Boon gloves and decisively shorter than in Twins, but longer than in Yokkao gloves. The thumb is comfortable and rather straight than curved. At the same time, it's about as wide as the other gloves aside from Twins.

PERFORMANCE / DURABILITY:

I will update this section as soon as I've gotten in some good rounds of bag/padwork and some light sparring and further down the line when the gloves are broken in and used. Stay tuned!

First update: The gloves feel very good on dense heavy bags and pads, better than any Thai glove felt at the first session. The padding is very protective but gives feedback, halfway between Twins (most spongy, soft and springy) and Fairtex/Boon (dense/hard).

I hope this review helped you! :)

Very nice review man! Also please post some pics if you can and that will pretty much seal your review, and don’t forget to keep us updated.

I saw some Dechas the other day and wanted to grab a pair but I have my hands full for now, I just started putting rounds on my P4P gloves and up next is the updated Adidas H300x.

Very nice review man! Also please post some pics if you can and that will pretty much seal your review, and don’t forget to keep us updated.

I saw some Dechas the other day and wanted to grab a pair but I have my hands full for now, I just started putting rounds on my P4P gloves and up next is the updated Adidas H300x.
Same goes for me but I've become addicted to getting gloves for a cheap price, they're kinda like a trophy to me then just love the feel of them, but they're too light for sparring for a heavy guy like me. Ideal for bag and pads tho!

Good review!
Pics?
Any further updates on how they are holding up? (Saw the first update but not sure of the date it was posted)
And which glove did you review - the DBGVL1, DBGVL2, or DBGVL4? (I'm assuming the DBGVL1's).

Back