Media DEEP Full Fights:TK,Lil Nog,Yano,Mach,Chonan,Imanari,Maeda,Hisae,Ryuta,Misaki...

Katsuya Toida x Makoto Kamaya

Amanda Lucas x The Grandma

I dont know...
He called him out in the UFC. Kawajiri didn't like that Choi apparently failed to make weight for the fight and then ended Ishida's MMA career and declined the challenge.

Toshiaki Kitada x Kotsunori Tsuda

Momoko Yamazaki x Nanaka Kawamura

Toshiaki Kitada x Kotsunori Tsuda

Now that was a WAR. Awesome fight. Kitada always reminded me of a smaller, younger Satoru Kitaoka, minus the leglocks. They have those same crazy eyes.

yeah, i don't pay attention as much as i used to but i think even general coverage of the mma scene in asia has gone downhill.
There are still some sites and independent guys that do good work in Asia.
Maeda is still pretty active and still trying to become the 1st person to hold DEEP, Shooto, and Pancrase belts in a career. Nakamura, Tokoro, and Uno have all moved on to grappling mostly, first 2 taking part in most of the QUINTET events.

There's still a good amount of characters around and fighters that just go for broke, problem is western coverage of Asia became pretty much non-existent after DREAM folded and the fandom is down to basically a handful of people on Twitter. Now it's mostly RIZIN coverage and even that is very bare bones and still viewed through a UFC lens (focusing on former UFC fighters or guys that might end up there).
Honestly, even The Sherdog forums don’t show the interest they used to. @Asurah stopped updating the jmma thread and I stopped updating the kmma thread for the same reasons: lack of interest and actual discussion.

Maeda is still pretty active and still trying to become the 1st person to hold DEEP, Shooto, and Pancrase belts in a career. Nakamura, Tokoro, and Uno have all moved on to grappling mostly, first 2 taking part in most of the QUINTET events.

yeah, quintet is really good but i definitely can't get the same kind of excitement out of it that i get out of seeing these guys in mma.

There's still a good amount of characters around

who's a good up-and-coming weirdo these days?

Honestly, even The Sherdog forums don’t show the interest they used to. @Asurah stopped updating the jmma thread and I stopped updating the kmma thread for the same reasons: lack of interest and actual discussion.
yeah, that's definitely true. honestly, i got my news/info from NoB and shiroobi and threads here and not the non-forum side of sherdog or any of the other bigger sites anyway.

yeah, that's definitely true. honestly, i got my news/info from NoB and shiroobi and threads here and not the non-forum side of sherdog or any of the other bigger sites anyway.
Asia mma.com is a good site to follow.

There are still some sites and independent guys that do good work in Asia.

If not for Fork's sumo threads I probably wouldn't even really bother looking at Sherdog anymore. I barely post outside of those anymore

yeah, quintet is really good but i definitely can't get the same kind of excitement out of it that i get out of seeing these guys in mma.

who's a good up-and-coming weirdo these days?
There are a lot of big personalities coming up but not so much weirdos in the vein of Yano, Imanari, DJ.taiki, etc, at least not many that weren't already established or that have much staying power. Kickboxing has more of the actual weirdos these days it seems. Tyson Nobumitsu you probably know but he also isn't that active these days. Uoi Fullswing is amusing because he sticks to his gimmick of only throwing full swinging power shots. The DATE team are still bizarre and have a few actually decent fighters now.

If not for Fork's sumo threads I probably wouldn't even really bother looking at Sherdog anymore. I barely post outside of those anymore

hahaha yeah, that's where i get most of my mileage too.

Kickboxing has more of the actual weirdos these days it seems.

this is only vaguely related, but i was thinking the other week about Fire Harada who was a great weirdo kickboxer and i was reminded of this video (with english captions) which is like a perfect example of one of the reasons i love supporting weirdos. it's not just the commitment to showmanship, but it's also a kind of earnestness lying under the weirdness that's so appealing and inspiring:

anyway, watched a few fights of Uoi Fullswing and he is great, i think i watched his RIZIN fight but might have even skipped over it. i knew about the DATE team but i feel like i missed out on a lot of their fights and i should try to check some more out.

Yuki Motoya x Kiyotaka Shimizo

Kosuke Terashima x Mikuru Asakura

Saori Ishioka x Mina Kurobe

Mizuke Furuse x Hakaru Aono

Now THIS is what I'm talking about!

Daisuke Nakamura, torchbearer for Japanese catch-wrestling and the UWF legacy, contends for the DEEP lightweight title! Some history right here!

Already posted by @Kforcer
Daisuke Nakamura x Yasuaki Kishimoto

...and another new one:
Rikako Yuasa x Mizuki Inoue

Good one right here:
Doo Hoo Choi x Shoji Maruyama

Katsunori Kikuno x Saturo Kituoka

Tatsumitsu Wada x Makoto Shinryu

Ayaka Hamasaki x Mei Yamaguchi

Awesome stuff. Can we get some of the lost Shooto stuff too?

Awesome stuff. Can we get some of the lost Shooto stuff too?
I have a few DVD's of late 80's early 90's Shooto. I don't know if I have the tech at home to burn them though. But I could look into it if you are interested.

Damn DEEP is stepping up its game with these posts. Can't wait to watch.

Yokota x Shoji

Takafumi Otsuka x Koichi Ishizuka

Akihiro Gono x Taisuke Okuno

Shayne Baszler x REINA Miura

Kanna Asakura x Natsuki Shimomakise

Back