Deep Vein Thrombosis

If you are at the point you cannot even stand anymore, you need to go to the hospital. Now.

Obviously it's worse than originally thought and your pills aren't covering it. You can literally die. Stop being stubborn.

You may be right, but I hate the concept.

I've only been on the thinners for three days.

I tried straightening out my leg whilst in bed by pushing my other ankle with my foot. It felt fine in bed, got it all the way out and comfortable, but as soon as i tried to move? Excruciating pain yet again.

I may double down on the painkillers and go in tomorrow. No idea how. Might have to call an ambulance.

I tried straightening out my leg whilst in bed by pushing my other ankle with my foot. It felt fine in bed, got it all the way out and comfortable, but as soon as i tried to move? Excruciating pain yet again.

I may double down on the painkillers and go in tomorrow. No idea how. Might have to call an ambulance.
Hope you get through this. Is there a lady friend or family member close by?

Let us know how you get on.....

Hope you get through this. Is there a lady friend or family member close by?

Lady friend in bed next to me. She's been extremely helpful, but she doesn't get it. She keeps barking orders at me, seemingly ignoring the amount of pain that I'm in
. I've screamed at her from the floor and I've broken a bath over it. She won't be able to get me out.

Let us know how you get on.....

I will, as I'm venting like a bitch in this thread. I need a outlet somewhere....

Brother, not sure where you are located or what your health coverage is like but it sounds like they should not have discharged you and you should be back in the hospital.

Have your girl call the doctor who treated you.

Last edited:
Brother, not sure where you are located or what your health coverage is like but it sounds like they should not have discharged and you should be back in the hospital.

Have your girl call the doctor who treated you.

He's in England. Free healthcare but it has it's disadvantages...

That was my 25,000 post on here...shame it wasn't more... I dunno...epic...? Memorable?

Last edited:
Lady friend in bed next to me. She's been extremely helpful, but she doesn't get it. She keeps barking orders at me, seemingly ignoring the amount of pain that I'm in
. I've screamed at her from the floor and I've broken a bath over it. She won't be able to get me out.

I will, as I'm venting like a bitch in this thread. I need a outlet somewhere....

Don't worry about, if I can do anything for you let me know.

If you are at the point you cannot even stand anymore, you need to go to the hospital. Now.

Obviously it's worse than originally thought and your pills aren't covering it. You can literally die. Stop being stubborn.

Same thought on hitting the hospital. When you have to majorly struggle just to get to the bathroom, realize the terrifying point of being FULLY Immobile can also happen. Best wishes, and hope more, or new, meds fix you up.

Agreed.

You need to go to the ER if you can't bear weight and are in horrible pain.

A quick update.

I'm able to walk, well, limp, again.

I was about to get ready for a drag-arse to the bathroom when I touched my affected calf and noticed that it actually wobbled, so I stood up.

I still can't straighten my leg fully, the pressure and pain still there, but it wasn't as severe as before, so I hobbled to the bathroom, did my business and then stepped into the shower before sitting down. After? I stood up, got out of the shower and hobbled back to my bed.

I still have work to do, pain and thinning meds to take, but this is where I need to be. I still have to take it easy, not overload things, but hopefully I can do a bit more moving around the flat and improve recovery further.

Thank you all for your support. I wasn't just physically crippled. I'm surprised that I didn't cry. I wanted to.

A quick update.

I'm able to walk, well, limp, again.

I was about to get ready for a drag-arse to the bathroom when I touched my affected calf and noticed that it actually wobbled, so I stood up.

I still can't straighten my leg fully, the pressure and pain still there, but it wasn't as severe as before, so I hobbled to the bathroom, did my business and then stepped into the shower before sitting down. After? I stood up, got out of the shower and hobbled back to my bed.

I still have work to do, pain and thinning meds to take, but this is where I need to be. I still have to take it easy, not overload things, but hopefully I can do a bit more moving around the flat and improve recovery further.

Thank you all for your support. I wasn't just physically crippled. I'm surprised that I didn't cry. I wanted to.

Hope things get better

Back