Deload

Also my goals have shifted a little recently. I don't really want to gain any more mass, at 270lbs I'm probably as big as I need to be.

After a year of more balanced training I'm looking to move into hypertrophy only in areas of imbalance and to focus on power and strength over anything else. As such I'm looking into how much rest I get so I can be lifting at max effort for me.

Some programmes have a scheduled deload (like 531) and some linear programmes can span 10 weeks+ without a deload but both ways will have you making progress. The real key is getting to know your body and recognising the signs you need to deload if you're choosing not to do a scheduled deload. Grip strength (or reduction in) is always a good indicator for me.

I've been searching the database for info when I have questions, when there's a topic but I feel there's more to add I figured it would be worth a bump. This subforum is almost dead otherwise so

<Gordonhat>
I'd rather see info continue in an old, related thread as opposed to the shite that's being started today.

i have always done it without knowing what it was, i simply don't feel good lifting every single day, i lift hard twice or three times a week max and take the rest for recovery, my body feels better and i gain muscle quite fast. it also depend on your natural body type, im a mix between meso and ecto, i have long limbs but i also have always had a lot of muscle, low bodyfat and fast metabolism, depends on your genetics really.

Back