Elections Democrats: Vote for us or the USA may stop funding the Ukraine War

The criticism is that continued war is bad for the US population and by objecting to them negotiating a peace deal and by arming Ukraine, we are prolonging the war. The argument is also that we are in an economic depression yet we are spending billions of dollars to support a nation that isn't part of NATO or any other formal alliance. I don't get why people need to twist and strawman the argument when it isn't that complex.

We're not in a depression (seriously, WTF?), and billions of dollars in a multi-trillion-dollar economy is not much. And by "prolonging the war," you mean successfully helping Ukraine prevent extinction and put to rest the idea that wars of conquest are a legitimate move in the modern world and that Russia is a major power. Seems like an incredible bargain as well as unquestionably the morally right thing to do (pretty fucking sick that people want to hasten the destruction of Ukraine or are resorting to arguing that they are suddenly such horrible people that they don't deserve to live the second such a view becomes politically convenient).

The same U.S corps are getting for software licenses alone more from Poland than from Russia...
xx b are piece of cake if compare $ US is getting from eurozone for software licenses and via service fees .....
If to talk about software licenses for private individuals it is just cos mentality....
Nothing else...
It is easily possible to use the same Win10 and Autocad etc stuff for free..
With " treatment " :D applied....
AV soft too.....

Then it is only small piece of cake why U.S companies are earning $.....

In Russia looks that today is maybe allowed to use " enemies " software without license...even for business.

BTW if about talks that Russia does have only paper database for conscripts register....it isn't truth...they had DBs even in 1988th.
While for example salaries for military ppl are calculated now ( import replacement ) by using Oracle DB solutions too....
So imagine.....
And on Intel processors.

The criticism is that continued war is bad for the US population and by objecting to them negotiating a peace deal and by arming Ukraine, we are prolonging the war. The argument is also that we are in an economic depression yet we are spending billions of dollars to support a nation that isn't part of NATO or any other formal alliance. I don't get why people need to twist and strawman the argument when it isn't that complex.
Well put. But also, funneling 10s of billions into one of the most corrupt countries in the world is problematic.

I remember a time when liberals were against war, discrimination, and censorship.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/20/chris-murphy-ukraine-republcan-house-defund/

And of course Jeff Bezo's Washington Post had to sprinkle in their own perverted brand of neo-McArthyism:

Nancy Pelosi showing off her ice cream collection during the lockdown was the last time I can recall a politician this out of touch. But then again, the Democrat technocrat base loves this stuff. Am I way off sherbros? I personally can think of hundreds of better ways to spend our money.

<WhoJeff>
They are simply mirroring what GOP candidates have already said. This isn't a statement as much as it is a response.

What is the non-evil motive for supporting the Russian invasion, though? Seems like a really clear-cut case of right and wrong here, not to mention the practical considerations of bringing wars of conquest back.
Because we keep meddling for our own country's interest. For years now in the Ukraine.. supporting Ukraine post invasion is not terrible but we kind of created a lot of the situation that's happening in my opinion.

Because we keep meddling for our own country's interest. For years now in the Ukraine.. supporting Ukraine post invasion is not terrible but we kind of created a lot of the situation that's happening in my opinion.

I think we should be acting in the best interests of our country, but in this case, providing aid to Ukraine is also clearly the morally right thing to do. I think leaving them to be massacred now would be a huge stain on our souls as well as a disastrous mistake, and that's even more true if you think we are responsible for it happening, though I don't actually see the case for that.

Last edited:
there are a lot of ukrainian jews in positions of power in western countries.

We're not in a depression (seriously, WTF?), and billions of dollars in a multi-trillion-dollar economy is not much. And by "prolonging the war," you mean successfully helping Ukraine prevent extinction and put to rest the idea that wars of conquest are a legitimate move in the modern world and that Russia is a major power. Seems like an incredible bargain as well as unquestionably the morally right thing to do (pretty fucking sick that people want to hasten the destruction of Ukraine or are resorting to arguing that they are suddenly such horrible people that they don't deserve to live the second such a view becomes politically convenient).
Never thought I'd hear neocon rhetoric from you.

I think we should be acting in the best interests of our country, but in this case, providing aid to Ukraine is also clearly the morally right thing to do. I think leaving them to be massacred now would be a huge stain on our souls as well as a disastrous mistake, and that's even more true if you think we are responsible for it happening, though I don't actually see the case for that.
What are your thoughts about this ?

Lol depression

Because the former was an unprovoked attack on baseless and unproven claims. While the latter is a justified action to protect one’s national borders from future threats.
Lol, you muppet. I look forward to the US annexing Baha California to prevent future Mexican aggressions.

Can't imagine that there would ever be a time when the Republican party isn't in favour of funding a foreign war.

Can't imagine that there would ever be a time when the Republican party isn't in favour of funding a foreign war.

There's a sizeable minority bloc in the party that blindly supports Putin, plus a big majority that blindly opposes whatever Biden does.

Back