Law Derek Chauvin to be sentenced today. Update-22.5 years in prison

Of course they didn't, they are ideologically motivated and need to align ideologically with their clientele. Anti-white racism sells better in those circles, so that's what they focus on. Reporting on the violence would alienate potential customers.

I don't know why I should waste time explaining the logic behind their reporting though. You just have to look at how they actually report. They deliberately avoid reporting on the riots. It's a fact.

We agree that most networks are politically biased and their programming reflects that.

CNN and MSNBC played footage of the riots, and emphasized the police violence. They rarely played footage of peaceful protests, which made up 93% of BLM activity, because it's boring and rarely newsworthy.

FOX and similar networks had all the riot footage on repeat and spent all their time attacking BLM and Antifa. They made no mention of peaceful protests at all.

Derek gonna end up being a shot caller for the Minnesota chapter of the nation

One way or the other, people will be in the street. Looting is a real possibility

It’s been over 24 hours. No rioting or looting as far as I’ve seen

Do you agree that you were wrong here expecting people in the streets one way or the other?

It’s been over 24 hours. No rioting or looting as far as I’ve seen

Do you agree that you were wrong here expecting people in the streets one way or the other?

People were in the street. There was just no looting or rioting that I saw-likely because most were happy with the sentence. I absolutely think if he would have gotten under ten years, there would have been riots. People have put in over a year on this case and the threats of more violence has loomed and corrupted the whole justice process in this case.

Someone should nominate them for a Nobel prize or something because they managed to contain themselves.

We agree that most networks are politically biased and their programming reflects that.

CNN and MSNBC played footage of the riots, and emphasized the police violence. They rarely played footage of peaceful protests, which made up 93% of BLM activity, because it's boring and rarely newsworthy.

FOX and similar networks had all the riot footage on repeat and spent all their time attacking BLM and Antifa. They made no mention of peaceful protests at all.

I think we all can agree that there were both peaceful protests and violent riots. Where we won’t agree is the 93% stats. I want to know just how violent a protest had to be before it was declared a riot. Is it when police declared it an unlawful protest? When officers were attacked-stuff thrown, windows broken? What are the parameters?

I think we all can agree that there were both peaceful protests and violent riots. Where we won’t agree is the 93% stats. I want to know just how violent a protest had to be before it was declared a riot. Is it when police declared it an unlawful protest? When officers were attacked-stuff thrown, windows broken? What are the parameters?

I wrote a quick reply to say that I couldn't be sure, then decided to find sources instead.

I had always based my claims on comments I heard from pundits I trusted, but here are some articles that explain the figures.

They're both Washington Post, so make of that what you will.

‘The United States is in crisis’: Report tracks thousands of summer protests, most nonviolent
About 93 percent of the racial-justice protests that swept the United States this summer remained peaceful and nondestructive, according to a report released Thursday, with the violence and property damage that has dominated political discourse constituting only a minute portion of the thousands of demonstrations that followed the killing of George Floyd in May.

The report, produced by the nonprofit Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project, also concluded that an escalation in the government response to protests and a sharp uptick in extremist activity means the United States faces a growing risk of “political violence and instability” ahead of the 2020 election.
ACLED, which monitors war zones and political upheaval around the world, launched the US Crisis Monitor report with Princeton University’s Bridging Divides Initiative. Using media accounts and other public information, the report identified 7,750 protests from May 26 through Aug. 22 that were linked to the Black Lives Matter movement. The protests took place in 2,400 locations across all 50 states and the District.

The group identified about 220 locations where the protests became “violent,” which authors of the report defined as demonstrators clashing with police or counterprotesters or causing property damage.

Even in those cases, however, the upheaval was “largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city,” the report states.
U.S. political divide becomes increasingly violent, rattling activists and police

Still, the researchers warned of “violent political polarization” in the United States that they fear could spill over into the November election.

“In this hyper-polarized environment, state forces are taking a more heavy-handed approach to dissent, non-state actors are becoming more active and assertive, and counter-demonstrators are looking to resolve their political disputes in the street,” the authors wrote. “Without significant mitigation efforts, these risks will continue to intensify in the lead-up to the vote, threatening to boil over in November if election results are delayed, inconclusive, or rejected as fraudulent.”

ACLED had previously focused on studying violent incidents in dozens of foreign countries, including Pakistan, Mexico and Mozambique. But after the protests following Floyd’s killing erupted this summer, the group decided to also conduct research within the United States.

In June, ACLED issued a statement expressing “solidarity” with protest movements “calling for systemic and peaceful change.”
“This urgent need transcends discrete incidents, specific groups and borders,” it wrote.

The report highlights what it calls a dramatic escalation in the government's response to protests.
Police or other government agencies intervened to stop or confront protesters in about 10 percent of the Black Lives Matter protests nationwide. In a little more than half of those cases, authorities used force, “such as firing less-lethal weapons like tear gas, rubber bullets, and pepper spray or beating demonstrators with batons,” the report states.

This summer’s Black Lives Matter protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful, our research finds
When the Department of Homeland Security released its Homeland Threat Assessment last week, it emphasized that self-proclaimed white supremacist groups are the most dangerous threat to U.S. security. But the report misleadingly added that there had been “over 100 days of violence and destruction in our cities,” referring to the anti-racism uprisings of this past summer.

In fact, the Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

Here’s how we did our research

Since 2017, we have been collecting data on political crowds in the United States, including the protests that surged during the summer. We have almost finished collecting data from May to June, having already documented 7,305 events in thousands of towns and cities in all 50 states and D.C., involving millions of attendees. Because most of the missing data are from small towns and cities, we do not expect the overall proportions to change significantly once we complete the data collection.

We make two assumptions. First, when politicians and officials categorize the protests as violent, they are usually envisioning property destruction or interpersonal violence in which they infer that BLM protesters are attacking police, bystanders and property.

Second, using several measures to evaluate protest behavior offers a better assessment than the blanket term “violence.” For example, we disaggregate property destruction from interpersonal violence. We analyze separately the number of injuries or deaths among protesters and police. And we are thinking about how gathering even finer-grained data in the future could help further assign precise responsibility for violent acts.

After this summer's protests, Americans think differently about race. That could last for generations.
The data on those protests shows very little violence

Here is what we have found based on the 7,305 events we’ve collected. The overall levels of violence and property destruction were low, and most of the violence that did take place was, in fact, directed against the BLM protesters.

First, police made arrests in 5 percent of the protest events, with over 8,500 reported arrests (or possibly more). Police used tear gas or related chemical substances in 2.5 percent of these events.

Protesters or bystanders were reported injured in 1.6 percent of the protests. In total, at least three Black Lives Matter protesters and one other person were killed while protesting in Omaha, Austin and Kenosha, Wis. One anti-fascist protester killed a far-right group member during a confrontation in Portland, Ore.; law enforcement killed the alleged assailant several days later.

Police were reported injured in 1 percent of the protests. A law enforcement officer killed in California was allegedly shot by supporters of the far-right “boogaloo” movement, not anti-racism protesters. The killings in the line of duty of other law enforcement officers during this period were not related to the protests.

Only 3.7 percent of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

In short, our data suggest that 96.3 percent of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7 percent of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.

These figures should correct the narrative that the protests were overtaken by rioting and vandalism or violence. Such claims are false. Incidents in which there was protester violence or property destruction should be regarded as exceptional — and not representative of the uprising as a whole.
In many instances, police reportedly began or escalated the violence, but some observers nevertheless blame the protesters. The claim that the protests are violent — even when the police started the violence — can help local, state and federal forces justify intentionally beating, gassing or kettling the people marching, or reinforces politicians’ calls for “law and order.”

Given that protesters were objecting to extrajudicial police killings of Black citizens, protesters displayed an extraordinary level of nonviolent discipline, particularly for a campaign involving hundreds of documented incidents of apparent police brutality. The protests were extraordinarily nonviolent, and extraordinarily nondestructive, given the unprecedented size of the movement’s participation and geographic scope.

People were in the street. There was just no looting or rioting that I saw-likely because most were happy with the sentence. I absolutely think if he would have gotten under ten years, there would have been riots. People have put in over a year on this case and the threats of more violence has loomed and corrupted the whole justice process in this case.

Someone should nominate them for a Nobel prize or something because they managed to contain themselves.

If you want some riots, I can make a few phone calls.

I didn’t know about the wrong medical team, but apparently the medical team that did come demes the scene unsafe and would not enter the scene until they got the crowd under control.

The female who can be heard screaming at them in the initial video we all saw was actually an EMT for the state. She gave evidence in the trial and got cross examined. Basically tried to say that she could have saved his life before admitting exactly what you said above. Tried to say that Chauvin had purposefully not called for EMT's. On cross examination it was actually shown they called for them straight away and an injury to one of the officers was also part of the reason. There was a delay because of who was allocated and the volatile nature of the scene as you said.

Still doesn't mean that Floyd should have died, but it definitely should be taken into account. I don't mind a long sentence to be honest I just don't like charges of murder being thrown around willy nilly because of public outcry.

Reactions: JSN
i keep hearing this number and it just sounds bogus to me.
they mention protests. if you count all the 2 person "protests" that you could find almost anywhere, cause jim and jane in buttfuck ohio wanted to sit in the walmart parking lot for 2 hours to have a nice instagram virtue signaling post,sure, fine.
it just sounds like managed outcomes to me.

Millions of idiots littered the streets. 7% of millions is an army of violent scum. Dont argue the numbers are fake. Acknowledge how bad it is if they are real

Sentence isn't terrible.

Will do nothing. As when said n done most white folks (whether they admit or not want a semblance of superiority ... it's human nature and on flip side most blacks want revenge more than equality...also human nature. Untill more whites want equality more than superiority and more blacks want equality more than revenge shiys ne er going to change. Especially with the media just stoking the fires on both ends to the point everything goes more and more extreme both ways.

Just seems like neither party want to make the problem better they want to make it worse but tell everyone n act like they are trying to make it better.

How do white people want superiority?

You don't think white people would like all the crime, education, and employment statistics improved in this country? How does it benefit whites to have urban areas that are more dangerous than Afghanistan?

I wrote a quick reply to say that I couldn't be sure, then decided to find sources instead.

I had always based my claims on comments I heard from pundits I trusted, but here are some articles that explain the figures.

‘The United States is in crisis’: Report tracks thousands of summer protests, most nonviolent
About 93 percent of the racial-justice protests that swept the United States this summer remained peaceful and nondestructive, according to a report released Thursday, with the violence and property damage that has dominated political discourse constituting only a minute portion of the thousands of demonstrations that followed the killing of George Floyd in May.

The report, produced by the nonprofit Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project, also concluded that an escalation in the government response to protests and a sharp uptick in extremist activity means the United States faces a growing risk of “political violence and instability” ahead of the 2020 election.
ACLED, which monitors war zones and political upheaval around the world, launched the US Crisis Monitor report with Princeton University’s Bridging Divides Initiative. Using media accounts and other public information, the report identified 7,750 protests from May 26 through Aug. 22 that were linked to the Black Lives Matter movement. The protests took place in 2,400 locations across all 50 states and the District.

The group identified about 220 locations where the protests became “violent,” which authors of the report defined as demonstrators clashing with police or counterprotesters or causing property damage.

Even in those cases, however, the upheaval was “largely confined to specific blocks, rather than dispersed throughout the city,” the report states.
U.S. political divide becomes increasingly violent, rattling activists and police

Still, the researchers warned of “violent political polarization” in the United States that they fear could spill over into the November election.

“In this hyper-polarized environment, state forces are taking a more heavy-handed approach to dissent, non-state actors are becoming more active and assertive, and counter-demonstrators are looking to resolve their political disputes in the street,” the authors wrote. “Without significant mitigation efforts, these risks will continue to intensify in the lead-up to the vote, threatening to boil over in November if election results are delayed, inconclusive, or rejected as fraudulent.”

ACLED had previously focused on studying violent incidents in dozens of foreign countries, including Pakistan, Mexico and Mozambique. But after the protests following Floyd’s killing erupted this summer, the group decided to also conduct research within the United States.

In June, ACLED issued a statement expressing “solidarity” with protest movements “calling for systemic and peaceful change.”
“This urgent need transcends discrete incidents, specific groups and borders,” it wrote.

The report highlights what it calls a dramatic escalation in the government's response to protests.
Police or other government agencies intervened to stop or confront protesters in about 10 percent of the Black Lives Matter protests nationwide. In a little more than half of those cases, authorities used force, “such as firing less-lethal weapons like tear gas, rubber bullets, and pepper spray or beating demonstrators with batons,” the report states.

This summer’s Black Lives Matter protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful, our research finds
When the Department of Homeland Security released its Homeland Threat Assessment last week, it emphasized that self-proclaimed white supremacist groups are the most dangerous threat to U.S. security. But the report misleadingly added that there had been “over 100 days of violence and destruction in our cities,” referring to the anti-racism uprisings of this past summer.

In fact, the Black Lives Matter uprisings were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence, very often police or counterprotesters were reportedly directing it at the protesters.

Since 2017, we have been collecting data on political crowds in the United States, including the protests that surged during the summer. We have almost finished collecting data from May to June, having already documented 7,305 events in thousands of towns and cities in all 50 states and D.C., involving millions of attendees. Because most of the missing data are from small towns and cities, we do not expect the overall proportions to change significantly once we complete the data collection.

We make two assumptions. First, when politicians and officials categorize the protests as violent, they are usually envisioning property destruction or interpersonal violence in which they infer that BLM protesters are attacking police, bystanders and property.

Second, using several measures to evaluate protest behavior offers a better assessment than the blanket term “violence.” For example, we disaggregate property destruction from interpersonal violence. We analyze separately the number of injuries or deaths among protesters and police. And we are thinking about how gathering even finer-grained data in the future could help further assign precise responsibility for violent acts.

After this summer's protests, Americans think differently about race. That could last for generations.

Here is what we have found based on the 7,305 events we’ve collected. The overall levels of violence and property destruction were low, and most of the violence that did take place was, in fact, directed against the BLM protesters.

First, police made arrests in 5 percent of the protest events, with over 8,500 reported arrests (or possibly more). Police used tear gas or related chemical substances in 2.5 percent of these events.

Protesters or bystanders were reported injured in 1.6 percent of the protests. In total, at least three Black Lives Matter protesters and one other person were killed while protesting in Omaha, Austin and Kenosha, Wis. One anti-fascist protester killed a far-right group member during a confrontation in Portland, Ore.; law enforcement killed the alleged assailant several days later.

Police were reported injured in 1 percent of the protests. A law enforcement officer killed in California was allegedly shot by supporters of the far-right “boogaloo” movement, not anti-racism protesters. The killings in the line of duty of other law enforcement officers during this period were not related to the protests.

Only 3.7 percent of the protests involved property damage or vandalism. Some portion of these involved neither police nor protesters, but people engaging in vandalism or looting alongside the protests.

In short, our data suggest that 96.3 percent of events involved no property damage or police injuries, and in 97.7 percent of events, no injuries were reported among participants, bystanders or police.

These figures should correct the narrative that the protests were overtaken by rioting and vandalism or violence. Such claims are false. Incidents in which there was protester violence or property destruction should be regarded as exceptional — and not representative of the uprising as a whole.
In many instances, police reportedly began or escalated the violence, but some observers nevertheless blame the protesters. The claim that the protests are violent — even when the police started the violence — can help local, state and federal forces justify intentionally beating, gassing or kettling the people marching, or reinforces politicians’ calls for “law and order.”

Given that protesters were objecting to extrajudicial police killings of Black citizens, protesters displayed an extraordinary level of nonviolent discipline, particularly for a campaign involving hundreds of documented incidents of apparent police brutality. The protests were extraordinarily nonviolent, and extraordinarily nondestructive, given the unprecedented size of the movement’s participation and geographic scope.

The issue with those statistics is they are attributing small local gatherings to bump up that percentage. A better way to do it in my opinion would be to look at the percentage of how many protests occurred over a certain size before being turned into a riot. By those definitions you could have a small local protest of 5 people, where one became violent and it would still be counted as peaceful.

The interesting comparison is that these sort of stats are used to show that Police are not actively killing unarmed black people. People will reference the millions of contacts between Police and the public to show that their is no systemic problem in the Police force. The percentage of bad interactions is much lower than the 7% quoted for this.
Police generally deal with 1% of the population repeatedly, the rest are ok and will only have a few interactions throughout their entire lives.

I don't know how you fairly decide what constitutes a violent protest. Here in Australia all protests were outlawed due to covid. They had a one and done BLM protest that week and then it disappeared like most things for the next social justice cause.

Interdasting.
So 500 people walked into the capital unarmed with 30,000 people outside that didn’t. For you mr. math guy that’s 98.3%. Buh buh buh they were white so the Democrat Reich and media declared 9/11 times 100

upload_2021-6-27_5-13-46.jpeg

Sheeple are so funny buying the mostly peaceful propaganda

if a 97% mostly peaceful protest can cause 2 Billion dollars of damage, I shudder to think what a 90% mostly peaceful protest would do.

I'd be cool with only a 15% mostly peaceful protest if it only caused 190 million dollars in damage

Protest, don't destroy d00ds

Last edited:
part of the guidelines on those 2nd and 3rd degree murder charges is that the prosecution has to demonstrate that the defendants actions ultimately lead to the victims death. if the jury cannot agree on that, they cannot find him guilty on those charges. period.

the entire trial consisted solely of the prosecutors doing exactly just that and presenting their evidence, while easilly refuting all of the defenses about how he could have died from a heart attack, drug overdose, car exhaust, and all the rest of their wackadoodle theories they came up with to try to raise doubt and blame floyds death on anything other than chauvin's actions just so that they could get him off

you want to talk assumptions? my assumption is that you already had your mind made up the day floyd died, when you read some article from fox news about some white cop killing a black criminal. also i am betting that you believe that all of the jury was impartial and also had their minds made up before the trial even started, simply because its a deep state witch hunt brought on by the radical left and BLM thugs or whatever other crazy theory because your boy slipped up and got caught and actually has to face consequences for his actions this time

if you really want to put the blame on something else for the white cop having to face consequences for his actions, you should blame the people who stood there and filmed the whole thing. without that concrete and irrefutable evidence which the jury got to sit there and watch in its entirety, the cops would have no doubt cooked up a completely different story about what went down, and they would have surely got off the hook for it just like they do pretty much every other time that they abuse their power. floyd would have died peacefully from a drug overdose while the cops were just sitting in the car writing him a ticket and a summons for court or whatever, chauvin's bodycam footage would have disappeared, and life would have went on.
What a fucking terrible take

“we stand with the protesters”-the people that made the claim that 93% protests were completely peaceful.

Thanks for posting that so I have a little more idea who did the study and how they did it. It still doesn’t clear all that much up for me. They still didn’t define when they considered a protest to be violent. They still are claiming they separate vandalism from violence-so we don’t know if burning stuff, throwing stuff but not injuring an officer is considered non violent. They also claim police “in many instances” started the violence.

Basically, I think this study that has been widely “accepted” as fact is bullshit. They have a clear agenda that is pro protester anti police. They counted only 200 some “violent protests” which is impossible considering that the first week after Floyd’s death there were hundreds of riots that week alone not to mention over 100 days of straight rioting in Portland.

They also used arrest data, which is completely not applicable. Just about every single department was understaffed to deal with the protests and violence. Just because they only made an arrest in 5% of protests does not mean they could not have made arrests in almost all of them. Police were constantly taking projectiles from pussies hiding in the crowd that did not get arrested. Areas were flooded with hordes of rioters and looters that they simply could not arrest.

As for police “starting the violence” I call complete bullshit. Polite don’t just start using chemical weapons and impact weapons at the drop of the hat. Some places did on some occasions, but the course of action was usually-police being attacked, protest declared a riot or unlawful, orders to disperse, orders ignored, more attacks, which led to tear gas. Were people not doing the violence caught in that? Yes, but after their refusal to leave and police continually taking projectiles including Molotov cocktails and bricks.

To be fair, this is a daunting task to try and put a number on. Again, what constitutes a peaceful v violent protest? Determining that is very difficult. Then, once you have those definitions, you have to go day by day in each protest in each city to see whether shit got broken, cops got attacked, people got arrested snd what for, etc.

My problem is despite all those nightmares to categorize, they just went with what they wanted to say and they flat out say they are biased.

Reactions: JSN
The female who can be heard screaming at them in the initial video we all saw was actually an EMT for the state. She gave evidence in the trial and got cross examined. Basically tried to say that she could have saved his life before admitting exactly what you said above. Tried to say that Chauvin had purposefully not called for EMT's. On cross examination it was actually shown they called for them straight away and an injury to one of the officers was also part of the reason. There was a delay because of who was allocated and the volatile nature of the scene as you said.

Still doesn't mean that Floyd should have died, but it definitely should be taken into account. I don't mind a long sentence to be honest I just don't like charges of murder being thrown around willy nilly because of public outcry.
They gave a settlement to his family before the verdict. You had politicians as high as the VP advocating for sentencing. It shouldn't sit right with anybody and it sets a dangerous precedent.

Wut?

During most of the early portland debacles, they played the videos of the Mom's standing arm to arm as shields and allies over and over for hours and acted like the feds were pepper spraying and tear gassing them while they were doing nothing but peacefully protesting. They avoided showing the more prevalent acts and videos of the guys throwing bombs and lighting buildings on fire as often as they could help it. They would show the police RESPONSE to those activities without context to make it appear the feds were firing on people doing nothing. because that is exciting news. And then run stories like "White supremacists Masquerading as Antifa to cause trouble".

CNN made themselves a laughing stock at some points
CNN_Mostly_Peaceful_arson_reporting_c0-0-929-542_s885x516.jpg

CNN would occasional post some real damning reports that were factual, but right folks will dismiss it as "CNN PROPAGANDA" because of their track record.

On the other side of the coin.

Yes, you are right that is what FOX did. FOX avoided the peaceful activities of the protests and made it seem like the entire crowd was bloodthirsty. Which also wasn't remotely true except in Portland and kenosha. But it made people skip the truth on several occasions. Like the guy who blew his own brains out before the police could get him which kicked off looting(That was comical), but a bunch of left supporters refused to believe it or ignored it like it didn't happen despite video evidence because "ITS FOX PROPAGANDA"

But yeah, I was laid off at the time so I had plenty of time to watch the livestreams from folks. In Most of the country, the truth was somewhere in the middle of what the 2 news networks were trying to portray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back