Law Derek Chauvin to be sentenced today. Update-22.5 years in prison

How do white people want superiority?

You don't think white people would like all the crime, education, and employment statistics improved in this country? How does it benefit whites to have urban areas that are more dangerous than Afghanistan?

Just stating human nature. Those on top wsnt to stay there and those not want revenge more than equality.

Just my opinion on the way folks are . Maybe I'm wrong but in my experience it's what I have seen.

He killed a man. Might have been unintentional but he still killed someone while using obviously excessive force. And I say this as a person who works with law enforcement (firefighter).

20+ years seems appropriate to me.

Im confused...

In this thread, everyone is saying good riddance or that term should be longer.

Meanwhile in the george floyd statue desecration thread, everyone is saying the guy being honored is a piece of shit.

So...which is it?

So you are comparing crimminals to law enforcement? That is not a flattering comparison for your argument. And number of deaths doesn't always tell the bigger picture. If deaths were all that mattered then the US was better off staying under British rule since more Americans died fighting each other than fighting the Brits.

I figured you'd avoid the question because it would completely dismantle your logic. Carry on.

He deserves it. My point has been that people that really intended to kill got lesser charges

And some people got more charges or sentences. You can cherry pick cases for every narrative.

Both can be true.

Lots of rational people regardless of ideological leanings are fed up with gestapo-ish police and the lack of consequence for their errors.

While at the same time, Floyd was human garbage whose terrible choices put him in the situation that led to his death.

There’s an amusing irony in a man never contributing a single positive thing to society except picking a fight with a power tripping manlet cop, dying, and illuminating the need for law enforcement policy reform.

He was born to die.

Im confused...

Meanwhile in the george floyd statue desecration thread, everyone is saying the guy being honored is a piece of shit.

So...which is it?

And some people got more charges or sentences. You can cherry pick cases for every narrative.

but shouldn’t a man who stabs someone to death or shoots someone and kills them be sentenced more harshly than a man that did not likely intend to kill someone?

Reactions: JSN
but shouldn’t a man who stabs someone to death or shoots someone and kills them be sentenced more harshly than a man that did not likely intend to kill someone?

It really depends on the individual circumstances. Was in in their home? Was it in self defense? Was it during a drug deal gone bad? Do they have a prior record? Was it maliciously? So many different factors.

I mean women typically get shorter sentences for the same exact crime. Black people typically get longer sentences for the same exact crime. Yea it's not 100% equal in so many ways. The justice system is flawed and we all know that. (and should be fixed.) However, that doesn't mean Chauvin didn't deserve that many amount of years.

It really depends on the individual circumstances. Was in in their home? Was it in self defense? Was it during a drug deal gone bad? Do they have a prior record? Was it maliciously? So many different factors.

I mean women typically get shorter sentences for the same exact crime. Black people typically get longer sentences for the same exact crime. Yea it's not 100% equal in so many ways. The justice system is flawed and we all know that. (and should be fixed.) However, that doesn't mean Chauvin didn't deserve that many amount of years.

I think almost 25 is harsh, but he is a piece of shit, so I am not mad about it, but the point is that people that intend to kill other people should be getting more than a man that did not intentionally kill someone. The cases I linked were fights that turned into shootings, a man that stabbed his ex’s bf to death, and other cases of malicious intent. And that is not even taking their criminal histories into account. I can’t remember which cases was which, I posted some in another thread a few weeks ago, but one guy had a whole host of felony convictions and still only got eight years. My point is that political and social pressure and the threats of riots led to such a long sentence for chauvin, not justice

I think almost 25 is harsh, but he is a piece of shit, so I am not mad about it, but the point is that people that intend to kill other people should be getting more than a man that did not intentionally kill someone. The cases I linked were fights that turned into shootings, a man that stabbed his ex’s bf to death, and other cases of malicious intent. And that is not even taking their criminal histories into account. I can’t remember which cases was which, I posted some in another thread a few weeks ago, but one guy had a whole host of felony convictions and still only got eight years. My point is that political and social pressure and the threats of riots led to such a long sentence for chauvin, not justice
It’s quite absurd. Talk about circumstances. It was a guy doing his job, resisting arrest, and flopping around in a way that was dangerous to himself. Then on top of that, the second degree murder conviction leading to that many years being on the table was a stretch to say the least.

He killed a man. Might have been unintentional but he still killed someone while using obviously excessive force. And I say this as a person who works with law enforcement (firefighter).

20+ years seems appropriate to me.
I'm an RN and have to restrain belligerent folk every other week. In no realm will any nurse place their knee on a restrained patient's neck for no apparent reason or any nurse in their right mind support a nurse who would do something of that sort.

It's amazing certain people can't use common sense and see how wrong the incident with Floyd was.

It’s quite absurd. Talk about circumstances. It was a guy doing his job, resisting arrest, and flopping around in a way that was dangerous to himself. Then on top of that, the second degree murder conviction leading to that many years being on the table was a stretch to say the least.

The expected outcome was for 12.5 years for a second degree conviction. But they tacked on two additional charges because they wanted to hammer the guy to send a message to the protesters to “please don’t riot.” I think there are a bunch of cops on that department that are waiting to see how the November vote goes on “reimagining” policing. If the woke shit passes, I bet a bunch leave and crime will rise even higher. Eventually, this city will be begging-absolutely begging for cops and I hope they don’t get them.

Reactions: JSN
The expected outcome was for 12.5 years for a second degree conviction. But they tacked on two additional charges because they wanted to hammer the guy to send a message to the protesters to “please don’t riot.” I think there are a bunch of cops on that department that are waiting to see how the November vote goes on “reimagining” policing. If the woke shit passes, I bet a bunch leave and crime will rise even higher. Eventually, this city will be begging-absolutely begging for cops and I hope they don’t get them.
I live there so I hope that’s not the case. It’s pretty insane the increase in visible shitheads over the past couple of years.

Who knows how things will turn out in the next couple of years. A friend of mine has a friend who does fundraising for the Democrats in New York and apparently the guy did a round in Minneapolis and most of the residents he talked to bitched him out and asked what the party had plans to do to stop crime and stop appeasing rioters.

I live there so I hope that’s not the case. It’s pretty insane the increase in visible shitheads over the past couple of years.

Who knows how things will turn out in the next couple of years. A friend of mine has a friend who does fundraising for the Democrats in New York and apparently the guy did a round in Minneapolis and most of the residents he talked to bitched him out and asked what the party had plans to do to stop crime and stop appeasing rioters.

Sorry if it negatively affects you, but I think it will happen if the measure passes. This all could have been avoided if the term defund police had not been used as a tool of punishment against police departments. If they had instead said “hey, we need social workers to respond to some of these calls either instead of or along with police” I think it would be completely different. Instead of taking something away-you phrase it as adding something to help. But nope-they wanted to slap the pee pees of police over floyd

I kinda have a problem with it. To err is human and doctors accidently kill like 200,000 a year but it's called medical malpractice not prison time.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals/

A cops job is to defend himself, the public and restrain ppl and make arrests some will die in that process just like some will die from doctor mistakes. Doesn't seem quite fair to me the cops have to go to jail for making mistakes on their jobs. Should be some cop malpractice insurance.

OTOH it did seem like he was trying to kill him. They had a history.

Last edited:
Im confused...

So...which is it?

We are in a world where 2 separate people are pieces of shit. One day, they crossed paths and made history.

Back