Law Derek Chauvin to be sentenced today. Update-22.5 years in prison

Sorry if it negatively affects you, but I think it will happen if the measure passes. This all could have been avoided if the term defund police had not been used as a tool of punishment against police departments. If they had instead said “hey, we need social workers to respond to some of these calls either instead of or along with police” I think it would be completely different. Instead of taking something away-you phrase it as adding something to help. But nope-they wanted to slap the pee pees of police over floyd
It’s a pretty strange place because the economy has been very good for a very long time and it’s bred the type of liberals who are not equipped to actually interact with the dregs of society. There has been slow influx of people migrating to suck the excess social benefits and now things have exploded with the area becoming a nationally founded battleground in Operation Brokedick.

The guy was an idiot and currently any white cop getting into any kind of a situation where they are going against a person of colour is an idiot too.

Let communities be policed by people stemming from those communities.

Im confused...

In this thread, everyone is saying good riddance or that term should be longer.

Meanwhile in the george floyd statue desecration thread, everyone is saying the guy being honored is a piece of shit.

So...which is it?

Even assuming it is the same people in both threads...

'Floyd was a piece of shit' and 'Floyd was wrongfully killed by a police officer ' are not mutually exclusive. Someone can believe both to be true.

It’s a pretty strange place because the economy has been very good for a very long time and it’s bred the type of liberals who are not equipped to actually interact with the dregs of society. There has been slow influx of people migrating to suck the excess social benefits and now things have exploded with the area becoming a nationally founded battleground in Operation Brokedick.

Besides the last year, there has been lots of news about Minneapolis-nothing good. Mostly race related stuff from what I recall

Besides the last year, there has been lots of news about Minneapolis-nothing good. Mostly race related stuff from what I recall
Gotta keep in mind that compared to most large cities it’s still relatively safe. Most cities are perpetually sewers so it’s not news to say that St Louis or LA has a bunch of crime going on.

Gotta keep in mind that compared to most large cities it’s still relatively safe. Most cities are perpetually sewers so it’s not news to say that St Louis or LA has a bunch of crime going on.
St. louis gets a bad rap. It's a relatively small area that causes the majority of the statistics. The surrounding counties and areas are just fine. I live here and am less than 20 minute drive from anything I want and have zero concern for the safety of my neighborhood..

Yeah, it was just sort of weird that all of a sudden, we started hearing and Minneapolis. It seems to be happening now with Buffalo and Rochester

St. louis gets a bad rap. It's a relatively small area that causes the majority of the statistics. The surrounding counties and areas are just fine. I live here and am less than 20 minute drive from anything I want and have zero concern for the safety of my neighborhood..
Plus that arch thing.

Even assuming it is the same people in both threads...

'Floyd was a piece of shit' and 'Floyd was wrongfully killed by a police officer ' are not mutually exclusive. Someone can believe both to be true.
This, and you don't need to be a canonical saint to have the right to not be murdered by the police. Arguing that Floyd was scum to justify what happened is absolute scummy bullshit.

Chauvin sentencing in play
MN Supreme Court tosses 3rd-degree murder conviction of ex-cop Noor
The Minnesota Supreme Court has thrown out the third-degree murder conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor, saying the evidence is “insufficient” to maintain it

In appealing the third-degree murder conviction, his attorneys had focused on language in the rarely used statute that speaks of “perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life.”

The charge is often used against drug dealers in overdose deaths where the defendant didn't single out a particular victim.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/...ses-3rddegree-murder-conviction-of-excop-noor

Chauvin sentencing in play
MN Supreme Court tosses 3rd-degree murder conviction of ex-cop Noor
The Minnesota Supreme Court has thrown out the third-degree murder conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor, saying the evidence is “insufficient” to maintain it

In appealing the third-degree murder conviction, his attorneys had focused on language in the rarely used statute that speaks of “perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life.”

The charge is often used against drug dealers in overdose deaths where the defendant didn't single out a particular victim.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/...ses-3rddegree-murder-conviction-of-excop-noor
Hardly. An awful lot more information would be needed to have any idea whether to agree or disagree with the judge's decision or the original conviction.

Floyds family should celebrates Chauvins birthday every year. The guy did more for the family than Floyd ever did. Chauvin got railroaded in this.

59378932.jpg

i think the sentence for an officer that showed such cruelty and negligence and lack of compassion should be much higher given that an example has to be made and the policing culture needs to change. in this case i think a harsher sentence is warranted.

but i also think that he should go to a normal prison and receive no special protections. i think it is important that he suffer same as anyone while in prison no less than any other violent criminal.

George Floyd is a Freemason. He has their logo and slogan tattoo'd on his chest: Ordo Ab Cho(order out of chaos).

Everything about this incident screams Masonic ritual.

You would all be wise to stop focusing on it.

Back