Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Yet another infinite super glitch has been found. This one is kind of strange though as you're able to continuously spam certain super attacks, but you're not "in your super" so you don't have the extra armor gained from being in a super, and you also can't pulled out this by a Supression grenade. Some people on Reddit are saying they've seen it in PvP and it's pretty obnoxious.

Fucking clowns are already asking to make Trials "freelance" so they won't have to play against stacked teams. It's unreal how pathetic some of these people are...same idiots who cry when they run into a group of 6 in Iron Banner.

I hope they put freelance especially if there are quest tied to that place lol. I did the Glory part of the Komodo quest and queing solo on regular survival takes forever compared to freelance.

Bungie fucked up the update for the 2nd week in a row.
It going to be down all day again.

shits getting worse

Bungie fucked up the update for the 2nd week in a row.
It going to be down all day again.

shits getting worse

Yep...it really feels like Destiny 2 is surviving with a skeleton crew at this point. As you said this is the 2nd week in a row where they had to roll back everything because materials and currencies kept zeroing out. At the end of the day the game is still fun, it still works, and some of the bugs are actually quite fun and funny. That Dawnblade "infinite super" glitch is hysterical...I was doing public events and came across 4 or 5 people using it at once and I couldn't stop laughing.

There has been a lot of talk recently about whether or not there's going to be a Destiny 3 and at this point I certainly hope so. On consoles the game has become super slow, load times are quite high, and we're still capped at 30FPS and relatively low Field of View (FOV). The next gen consoles are scheduled to be launched this year, and it's probably time for Bungie to bring some of the amazing stuff we see on the PC to the consoles. Bungie has also said that one of the reasons they're taking away each seasons PvE events is because they are pretty close to the max limit of what the game can handle. This is also why they said the Corridors of Time disappeared so quickly and it makes sense. We have elemental affinities on Mods because otherwise it would take 10 minutes to view all and change a Mod. A lot of this is even a problem on PC, so I think it's down to issues with an older engine, and maybe even some UI stuff. We're seeing tons of new bugs pop up all the time. So, for me, I'd really love to see a new game which takes advantage of modern hardware and design. I can't help feeling like D2 is great, but it just feels like everything is "constrained" for some reason.

Edit : Bungie did a pretty cool and slightly in depth explanation of why this currency and materials loss was occurring. I'll give them credit for putting out this much information as it really shows how amazingly complex all this stuff can be.

TLDR; some servers weren't functioning properly, and were loading with older versions of the game because they had crashed during the previous hotfix.

Last edited:
So Trials is returning. That's actually pretty big for the game, on the pvp side at least. If done right Trials could boost the streaming viewership by a massive amount. It's also going to force them to have some kind of focus on PVP.

It will be a fuckin' nightmare on PC though. People hack enough in quickplay and 'competitive' never mind if they can start making a profit by carrying people Flawless again. DDoS's will also be a constant.

Power advantage finally enabled too. Hmm, didn't think they'd go there.

So Trials is returning. That's actually pretty big for the game, on the pvp side at least. If done right Trials could boost the streaming viewership by a massive amount. It's also going to force them to have some kind of focus on PVP.

It will be a fuckin' nightmare on PC though. People hack enough in quickplay and 'competitive' never mind if they can start making a profit by carrying people Flawless again. DDoS's will also be a constant.

Power advantage finally enabled too. Hmm, didn't think they'd go there.

I'm glad it's going back to Trials of Osiris rather than Trials of the Nine. And fucking Saint XIV is narrating it...FUCK YEAH. He is right up there with Cayde in terms of my favorite NPC from the Destiny universe. It's about time that PvP gets its pinnacle challenge back, and I think people are going to have a lot of fun. Of course the hacking / network manipulation will come right back with Trials, but I'm hoping that Bungie is better prepared for it than they were in D1.

I was just running some strikes and ran to the tower to turn in some Fractaline and ended up getting a cool cut scene on Mercury and that's when I realized we FINALLY hit Level 7 and finished the "Torch Bearer" achievement. Pretty cool little cut scene showing your character using the Seasonal Artifact to relight the Lighthouse.

I'm excited for what Bungie is doing and I hope this gets a lot of people involved in the game again. It has been pretty stagnant for a while, so hopefully it works out and isn't too much of a mess with cheaters.

Holy shit, Bungie preemptively listened to the community and disabled the artifact for Trials.

More concerned with cheaters and aimbotters than I was with the artifact tbh. It takes a special kind of person to use aimbots in destiny....in quickplay. Its really just a problem with snipers moreso any other weapons. They really need to make flinch work against sniping. You should never die by a snipe when you land 2-3 shots on them before they even see you. Should make snipers de-scope when getting shot like Halo.

More concerned with cheaters and aimbotters than I was with the artifact tbh. It takes a special kind of person to use aimbots in destiny....in quickplay. Its really just a problem with snipers moreso any other weapons. They really need to make flinch work against sniping. You should never die by a snipe when you land 2-3 shots on them before they even see you. Should make snipers de-scope when getting shot like Halo.
People are going to cheat and ddos Bungie made it clear they don't care about that unless it effects a streamer.

I think the artifact in Trials would have been a bad idea with power level enabled.

Have you seen the videos where hitting a sniper in the head actually moves their sniper reticle directly onto your head? This kind of bullshit has been my biggest grip in Destiny (both 1 and 2) for a long time. Just like you said if I'm doming you in the head you shouldn't be able to ADS and essentially quick-scope me. We all know Trials is going to be exactly like it used to be in D1; 3 stacks on top of each other all hard-scoping a hallway while the other 3 stack is doing the same thing.

I really did enjoy Casey (Holtzmann) from Planet Destiny and watching his content, but his streams of Trials was fucking terrible...hard-scoping nonsense for hours on end.

One thing I think they need to get rid of going forward, next season would be best, is battery mods. Getting an over shield simply for using your class ability is ridiculous.

So Bungie is getting rid of infusion. Not sure how I feel about that one.

One thing I think they need to get rid of going forward, next season would be best, is battery mods. Getting an over shield simply for using your class ability is ridiculous.

So Bungie is getting rid of infusion. Not sure how I feel about that one.

Battery is great in PvE though...can we please not destroy PvE so that people can have less frustrating encounters in PvP?

I'm OK with weapons "being left behind" after a year or so. Destiny 1 was that way and while it kind of stung for a bit, it gave us a reason to try out the new weapons we acquired in the new content. I think it also depends on how they're going to use the infusion cap to make weapons "have their place." Will Raid / Trials weapons be allowed to be infused to a higher level? I guess we'll have to see what happens, but at this point things are getting pretty stale so why not shake it up?

A new gameplay trailer just dropped for the next season ; Season of the Worthy.

It looks like this season might have a ton of new content, but I'll be skeptical until the whole season is unpacked. Either way looks like at least a small PvE campaign and Trials, so it should have a lot of new stuff.

Battery is great in PvE though...can we please not destroy PvE so that people can have less frustrating encounters in PvP?

I'm OK with weapons "being left behind" after a year or so. Destiny 1 was that way and while it kind of stung for a bit, it gave us a reason to try out the new weapons we acquired in the new content. I think it also depends on how they're going to use the infusion cap to make weapons "have their place." Will Raid / Trials weapons be allowed to be infused to a higher level? I guess we'll have to see what happens, but at this point things are getting pretty stale so why not shake it up?
I'ma be honest.. I never even thought about pve when I said get rid of battery perks. You're right though. Bungo could easily get around this by having artifact perks not work in the crucible but they've already said that they will. So I guess it's time to just lock Hunter like 90% of the crucible player base and dodge around.

It's true we went through this between House of Wolves and Taken King, but in Destiny 1 they also gave vendors new loot pools every DLC. Some of the shit Shax is giving us is the same loot from D2 launch. Maybe they've quit being lazy and are finally going to give us new loot pools for the vendors, but I doubt they do that.

I'ma be honest.. I never even thought about pve when I said get rid of battery perks. You're right though. Bungo could easily get around this by having artifact perks not work in the crucible but they've already said that they will. So I guess it's time to just lock Hunter like 90% of the crucible player base and dodge around.

It's true we went through this between House of Wolves and Taken King, but in Destiny 1 they also gave vendors new loot pools every DLC. Some of the shit Shax is giving us is the same loot from D2 launch. Maybe they've quit being lazy and are finally going to give us new loot pools for the vendors, but I doubt they do that.

Vendors aren't the focus as they were in D1 (or at least some of the focus). Instead of vendors getting new weapons the weapons were given to the PvE events of the season. Season of the Undying there were some pretty good weapons given out by Ikora and during the Vex Offensive. Season of the Dawn we're getting weapons from the Sundial and the Obelisks. Luke Smith did recently say that the faction weapons from earlier in D2 will be coming back this season...I think they'll be in the Prime engram loot pool. Plus we're getting Trials weapons (for those of you PvP gods) and we'll get some new weapons from this new PvE event. So I think it's just a shift from going to the same vendors to going to different places for weapons; but it's not like there's a shortage of god rolls these days.

Also, for you PvP gods, looks like 900 rpm auto rifles are coming back (Doctrine of Passing was seen in the new trailer), and it has been confirmed by Bungie (900 rpm auto, not Doctrine..yet).

I'm also going to link this in case people haven't seen it and might be interested. It's an interview with Luke Smith where he discusses "the current state of Destiny" and where they want the game to go. He goes into some good depth about the current state and discusses some of the problems they've encountered with the current seasonal model, and how they play to fix those issues. It's worth the read if you're interested in hearing from the developers.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48758

If you don't want to read it here's a YouTube video which kind of breaks down what Luke Smith said.

So the new season dropped a couple of days ago...took about 2 hours before the community was "foaming at the mouth" pissed. LMAO I dropped in yesterday to play for a bit and you get 2 quick intro missions to the season which are about 5 minutes long each. Then, IMMEDIATELY, you are right back to grinding bounties. I will say that I do like the way they have structured the Rasputin Bunker bounties though as you can do complete all of them (or at least most of them) in PvE or PvP, so that's pretty cool.

The new UI is pretty good and they have cleaned it up quite a bit. They did some serious work on the Quests tab and now it's all categorized and makes a lot more sense. I tried to do one of the "Legendary Lost Sectors" and on Day 1 of the season it's a fucking Power Level 1000 activity with Champions...I was getting 1-shotted by fucking Dregs. haha Since we had to get a new artifact my Power Level is back to 960, so being 40 levels low is tough. And unfortunately this season for Champions you'll be using hand cannons, sidearms, SMG's, and Auto Rifles for everything....god damnit!

I did a few rounds of the new PvE activity and it was OK, but not really very fun. It's basically a mix between a Black Armory Forge and Escalation Protocol; you start the event, control a zone for a short time, and then throw balls at a small target. To finish it off there's 2 champions and everything is on a timer. It's a 980 Power Level event so the first few times I did it with some randoms (no matchmaking...just have to hope people are there) we only got to about 70% completion before time ran out.

The new exotic for the season, Tommy's Matchbook, is an auto rifle which "overheats" as you use it causing more damage, but also cause burn damage to yourself. You can hip-fire to lessen the damage you take, so it's kind of strange. I used it for a bit and didn't really care for it, but we'll see what happens. Lots of glitches have been found already; the big one is for whatever reason the Whisper of the Worm and Zero Hour (heroic version only as I think) have some kind of power level issue, so you can roll into those missions and do 10K+ damage to everything via melee. LMAO

This season feels VERY dry and boring pretty much immediately. I got 5 levels on the Season Pass and just turned the game off...wasn't captivated to keep on running bounties to level up the Rasputin Bunker...just felt so stale. I don't know why but I was really hoping for more than just bounties for the next couple of months. Anyways, the Quality of Life stuff and is pretty good, and Trials starts this Friday, so maybe that will be enough to draw people in. For what it's worth people noticed today on Steam that Destiny 2 has some new methods for anti-cheating which would 100% prevent DDOS and supposedly network manipulation. I saw a post explaining it but most of it went over my head.

Trials of Osiris goes live today...should be at reset which is 1pm eastern or 10am pacific. Looks like it's pretty similar to how it worked in Destiny 1, but the boons are a bit different. Instead of grabbing a Trials card and then buying boons, you'll have to pick 1 from 5 different Trials cards. Each card has a boon built into it; so the Trials Passage of Mercy has the Mercy boon built into that card. There's other passage cards which allow for extra loot, extra xp, and some other things.

3v3 Elimination and it looks like it only requires 7 wins to finish the card.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48847

Bungie has also talked about some of their extra "cheat-protection" stuff they've added over the last couple of days. So we'll see what happens, but right now there's some big time glitches which are effecting the game. Gambit is well and truly fucked right now as every time someone on the opposing team "Level's Up" on the season pass for whatever reason it boots the entire opposing team. LMAO. There's also a couple of new "infinite super glitches" running around right now for the Hunter (big surprise, right?), and Bungie has already had to disable the new Hunter exotic so it doesn't interfere with these glitches.

Either way you PvP gods have fun...1st day of Trials is without a doubt the easiest to go flawless, so if you're a scrub (like myself), today will be your best shot. Saint XIV is running the show and he's in the tower in the hangar.

Good luck!

Trials looks pretty cool so far. I was watching Datto's stream and they kept on getting to 5 wins and then getting destroyed. Dmg_04 (Bungie Community Manager) is reporting that just before Trials went live they ban-hammered a ton of cheating dirtbags. LMAO There are also reports of people being banned as they were streaming during Trials and cheating their asses off. It does appear as the aim-bot stuff can't be detected by Bungie's counter-cheat tools, but when they see it during a stream it looks like they are being super aggressive in dropping that ban hammer.

Watched a bit of Trials streams before I had to go do stuff this morning, but people were flying through matches. I think Gernader Jake and his fireteam were worlds first it took them like 35 minutes to go flawless and then like 8 minutes to load into the Light House.

I'm getting tired of all this time gated and drip feeding of content in this game just to make seasons feel bigger then what they are the devs are being lazy cunts. Lets introduce 6 new legendary weapons 7 if you count the IB bow that was ment for last season 2 new exotics and everything else is going to be from D1 or yr1 of D2 then on top of that no adept weapons for going flawless or ritual weapons. Plus we're not adding the seasonal mod slot to the faction armor but we'll go ahead and add it to the gambit, vanguard, and crucible armors.

Back