Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Why can't bungo have any subtlety when they change shit? Autos go from dogshit to some of the strongest weapons in the game. How does giving the easiest weapon type to use the fastest ttk make any sense?

It's like they're taking some hints from blizzards balance philosophy of its shit buff it until its must use or borderline broken.

I think autos are actually in a pretty good place right now. Mind you things are so different on console compared to PC that it makes it tough to balance, so that might be your issue @GSP4tw .

I played a bit this week and got the bunker to level 4, and am just messing around and slowly getting my characters up to level...took them all from 960 to about 975 in just a few hours of playing, so I'm hoping to get them into at least the 985 region this week. Those Legendary Lost Sectors are level 1000, and at 960 I was getting insta-killed by just about everything. Then add in that you get Champions in them as well, and we only have close range weapons to effect Champions this season, and holy crap those things were basically impossible.

The quest for 4th Horseman dropped yesterday at reset...I haven't played yet but I'll get around to it in the near future. While I don't really enjoy the gameplay loop this season, I am having a good time just dicking around. I'm still catching up on stuff from Opulence, so I'm kind of glad that this season is underwhelming as it gives me time to focus on other things. I STILL feel like Menagerie is the best thing in D2 and it's a lot of fun going in there with new mods (Warmind Cells) and just trying it out.

@tru3f4n , the armor thing is frustrating as hell with the lack of seasonal mods. Personally, I feel like the seasonal mods are small bonuses and aren't necessary at all. They're definitely interesting and there's some really cool builds that you can make with them though; but no doubt it's frustrating that they bring back stuff and it's pretty much immediately worthless.

I think autos are actually in a pretty good place right now. Mind you things are so different on console compared to PC that it makes it tough to balance, so that might be your issue @GSP4tw .

I played a bit this week and got the bunker to level 4, and am just messing around and slowly getting my characters up to level...took them all from 960 to about 975 in just a few hours of playing, so I'm hoping to get them into at least the 985 region this week. Those Legendary Lost Sectors are level 1000, and at 960 I was getting insta-killed by just about everything. Then add in that you get Champions in them as well, and we only have close range weapons to effect Champions this season, and holy crap those things were basically impossible.

The quest for 4th Horseman dropped yesterday at reset...I haven't played yet but I'll get around to it in the near future. While I don't really enjoy the gameplay loop this season, I am having a good time just dicking around. I'm still catching up on stuff from Opulence, so I'm kind of glad that this season is underwhelming as it gives me time to focus on other things. I STILL feel like Menagerie is the best thing in D2 and it's a lot of fun going in there with new mods (Warmind Cells) and just trying it out.

@tru3f4n , the armor thing is frustrating as hell with the lack of seasonal mods. Personally, I feel like the seasonal mods are small bonuses and aren't necessary at all. They're definitely interesting and there's some really cool builds that you can make with them though; but no doubt it's frustrating that they bring back stuff and it's pretty much immediately worthless.
Menagerie is by far the best activity in the game with the best time vs reward in the game it would've been nice if the revamped it over this seasons PvE stuff.

Why can't bungo have any subtlety when they change shit? Autos go from dogshit to some of the strongest weapons in the game. How does giving the easiest weapon type to use the fastest ttk make any sense?

It's like they're taking some hints from blizzards balance philosophy of its shit buff it until its must use or borderline broken.
it's probably due to them being shit since the Uriel's nerf but atleast it was only the 600s and 720s with the huge buffs. I'm still waiting for them to buff 180rpm scout rifles and 110 & 140rpm hand cannons but that's not going to happen.

OK super late to the party post

Back i n October or so I upgraded my gaming PC so of course I wanted to see what my old steam games would look like on it and I got a handful of new games as well. Borderlands 3 took up most of my attention, but I am taking a break from that for a bit..

One of the games I downloaded but didnt pay much attention to was Destiny 2. I booted it up a few days ago and I dont know wtf is going on..

Can someone provide some direction? I played the original on PS4 and quit right before the first major expansion. Back in those days I knew what I needed to do- I played the story, then did my strikes, my weekly raid runs, etc.

I really don't have any direction whatsoever in this game. Are there even levels anymore?

@mixmastermo , a while back Destiny 2 became a "free to play" game for what they called "New Light Players." They pretty much rushed this out the door and just about EVERYBODY who tried playing D2 this way is lost.

Go to Amanda Holiday in the Hangar (load into the tower and she is the one who has the sparrows and ships on the right side of the hangar as you enter). She will have the Campaign questlines so pick up one at a time and start with the Red War Campaign. This will run you through the original D2 story line. Once you finish that, go back to her and grab the Curse of Osiris questline, and then finally the Warmind campaign. Depending on what you bought (not sure if you're playing for free or not), she might have the Forsaken questline as well.

So you'll do a mission or two on a questline, and then a new mission icon (with that Campaign logo) will pop up on the map. That should get you started and this way you'll have a sense of what's going on. Beyond the questlines you've got pretty much all the same stuff from D1; strikes, crucible, nightfall, and I think New Light has access to the Leviathan Raid (not sure though).

It starts off slow but things have gotten a lot better since D2 launched. There's still a lot of solid complaints to be made, but I think the game is in a pretty good place right now.

@mixmastermo , a while back Destiny 2 became a "free to play" game for what they called "New Light Players." They pretty much rushed this out the door and just about EVERYBODY who tried playing D2 this way is lost.

Go to Amanda Holiday in the Hangar (load into the tower and she is the one who has the sparrows and ships on the right side of the hangar as you enter). She will have the Campaign questlines so pick up one at a time and start with the Red War Campaign. This will run you through the original D2 story line. Once you finish that, go back to her and grab the Curse of Osiris questline, and then finally the Warmind campaign. Depending on what you bought (not sure if you're playing for free or not), she might have the Forsaken questline as well.

So you'll do a mission or two on a questline, and then a new mission icon (with that Campaign logo) will pop up on the map. That should get you started and this way you'll have a sense of what's going on. Beyond the questlines you've got pretty much all the same stuff from D1; strikes, crucible, nightfall, and I think New Light has access to the Leviathan Raid (not sure though).

It starts off slow but things have gotten a lot better since D2 launched. There's still a lot of solid complaints to be made, but I think the game is in a pretty good place right now.

Thanks a lot man, this is exactly what I needed, and yes, I got the F2P version. I wouldn't have minded investing in the Forsaken pack but since I was so lost I didn't bother. I'll try what you mentioned and see how it goes.

So it looks like the Trials "loot reset" doesn't occur until Saturday afternoon....even though Trials launches at mid-day on Friday.

I'm not sure if anybody is playing much anymore, but for those of you who are just be aware that you won't get any new rewards until the reset (if you claimed rewards in Trials last week).

So it looks like the Trials "loot reset" doesn't occur until Saturday afternoon....even though Trials launches at mid-day on Friday.

I'm not sure if anybody is playing much anymore, but for those of you who are just be aware that you won't get any new rewards until the reset (if you claimed rewards in Trials last week).

{<jordan}

Those poor bastards slogging through Anomaly during a Hard Light meta only to get no loot. Classic Bungie.

Bungo removed Trials for well over a year claiming that they wanted it to be perfect when they brought it back and then they copy pasted D1 Trials. Then you have dmg or deej, can't remember which, posting on the sub-reddits that people will have to choose between adept weapons or ritual weapons. They can add all sorts of new things to Eververse each season but can't design three weapons for ritual weapons. That shows that there's about 3 people and the custodian working on Destiny 2.

{<jordan}

Those poor bastards slogging through Anomaly during a Hard Light meta only to get no loot. Classic Bungie.

Bungo removed Trials for well over a year claiming that they wanted it to be perfect when they brought it back and then they copy pasted D1 Trials. Then you have dmg or deej, can't remember which, posting on the sub-reddits that people will have to choose between adept weapons or ritual weapons. They can add all sorts of new things to Eververse each season but can't design three weapons for ritual weapons. That shows that there's about 3 people and the custodian working on Destiny 2.

While I understand the frustration lets not equate cosmetics to actual in game ritual weapons. I get the argument that Eververse is always well stocked every season, and it definitely feels very shitty. That being said it's a no-brainer for Bungie in terms of revenue compared to effort. I have no real issue with Eververse, though I really do wish that more things were earned versus bought, but the game is "free to play" now, so that's kind of what happens in those types of games.

It was dmg_04 talking about the ritual vs trials weapons, and it's a shame that's how they chose to prioritize things for this season. We do have some decent enough weapons and mods via the Seraph weapons, so I don't think it's a huge issue. While the weapons themselves aren't super amazing, they are decent enough and those Warmind Cells can have some really cool effects. It's something new and that's better than just a couple more weapons which will end up collecting dust in the vault.

While I understand the frustration lets not equate cosmetics to actual in game ritual weapons. I get the argument that Eververse is always well stocked every season, and it definitely feels very shitty. That being said it's a no-brainer for Bungie in terms of revenue compared to effort. I have no real issue with Eververse, though I really do wish that more things were earned versus bought, but the game is "free to play" now, so that's kind of what happens in those types of games.

It was dmg_04 talking about the ritual vs trials weapons, and it's a shame that's how they chose to prioritize things for this season. We do have some decent enough weapons and mods via the Seraph weapons, so I don't think it's a huge issue. While the weapons themselves aren't super amazing, they are decent enough and those Warmind Cells can have some really cool effects. It's something new and that's better than just a couple more weapons which will end up collecting dust in the vault.
when you have ten+ new exotic sparrows this season and only two are earned through gameplay you see where their priorities lie. there shouldn't be a problem just reskinning weapons and throwing them into the loot pool seeing how they decided to do away with perks you find on pinnacle weapons. the whole ritual weapons was already a step down from pinnacles now they aren't even making those. it's like when players brought up that there's no nightfall specific loot for the two strikes brought in with shadowkeep so bungies response was you can either have a new exotic or nightfall loot. plus there's no reason in hell they couldn't have made curated weapons when going flawless other then them being lazy.

I still play, although this week it's mostly team scorched + some bounties

Fucking crybabies over on Reddit because they aren't good enough to compete in Trials. No wonder Bungie has no idea where to take this game when the feedback is from such pathetic crybabies who want EVERYTHING just handed to them.

Fucking crybabies over on Reddit because they aren't good enough to compete in Trials. No wonder Bungie has no idea where to take this game when the feedback is from such pathetic crybabies who want EVERYTHING just handed to them.
what are they crying about now? during the first week it was about lvl advantage being enabled so they was going into trials in the 960s-980s getting beat by ppl 1000+. I just stay out of trials all together it's not worth the headache but I don't go around bitching about it until it starts screwing around with PvE. At the reset the IB is starting up and I'm just around 990 so it's a good spot to fill the weekly bounties from Saladin but ppl are going to bitch about the IB too. All I'm worried about is going into an epileptic seizure due to all the hard lights.

<30>
Who could have possibly seen that coming? I've even seen streamers starting to complain about how sweaty each card is. It's almost like they expected people to not run stacked. Especially with this token system they implemented to let people grind for gear through Trials. Lots of people are running three very good players and just farming for tokens.
what are they crying about now? during the first week it was about lvl advantage being enabled so they was going into trials in the 960s-980s getting beat by ppl 1000+. I just stay out of trials all together it's not worth the headache but I don't go around bitching about it until it starts screwing around with PvE. At the reset the IB is starting up and I'm just around 990 so it's a good spot to fill the weekly bounties from Saladin but ppl are going to bitch about the IB too. All I'm worried about is going into an epileptic seizure due to all the hard lights.
Yeah fuck Hard Light. It's annoying as fuck without level advantage never mind with it.

I need to just stay off that subreddit (r/DestinyTheGame) becuase it's pretty much nothing but constant whining and bitching. People want EVERYTHING handed to them for nothing and they don't want to have to grind or work for anything. When it comes to Trials the main complaints is that it's too hard because there's too many flawless players in there right not basically ROFL-stomping everyone. They just don't understand that the whole point of Trials is that only the best get to the Lighthouse (outside of cheating / carries / etc). This week the Shotgun was the reward for 3 wins, and so lots of great teams were in there getting 3 wins for the coins and then resetting their coins and starting over. So the crybabies think this is unfair and want everyone who has gone flawless to be in a "different pool" of players, so that towards the end of the week it would be much easier to go flawless. Fucking joke and I can't stand this pathetic crybaby attitude.

Note : I do recognize the irony that I'm whining and bitching about them whining and bitching. haha

<30>
Who could have possibly seen that coming? I've even seen streamers starting to complain about how sweaty each card is. It's almost like they expected people to not run stacked. Especially with this token system they implemented to let people grind for gear through Trials. Lots of people are running three very good players and just farming for tokens.

source.gif

The comments in there are absurd; basically they flat out REFUSE to practice and get better, so they want Bungie to redesign everything so they can go flawless every week. They want SBMM in Trials...just unreal and so weak and pathetic that it makes my blood boil. If you're not good enough (I KNOW I'm not good enough) then Trials and flawless just aren't for you and that's the end of the story. Either invest the time to get better or fuck off.

Haven't touched this game in months honestly.

Maybe I am jaded and needed a long break. But I already know i'd be bored once I come back. The weapons are uninspiring and I don't know... just not interested in playing it again. my buddies all bailed out again.

Currently playing Division 2. I am enjoying it thus far. Reached max level a few days ago and working on collecting exotics. It's a grind but it's a different grind so maybe I just need time away from Destiny. Perhaps I'll eventually miss it and come back.

I need to just stay off that subreddit (r/DestinyTheGame) becuase it's pretty much nothing but constant whining and bitching. People want EVERYTHING handed to them for nothing and they don't want to have to grind or work for anything. When it comes to Trials the main complaints is that it's too hard because there's too many flawless players in there right not basically ROFL-stomping everyone. They just don't understand that the whole point of Trials is that only the best get to the Lighthouse (outside of cheating / carries / etc). This week the Shotgun was the reward for 3 wins, and so lots of great teams were in there getting 3 wins for the coins and then resetting their coins and starting over. So the crybabies think this is unfair and want everyone who has gone flawless to be in a "different pool" of players, so that towards the end of the week it would be much easier to go flawless. Fucking joke and I can't stand this pathetic crybaby attitude.

Note : I do recognize the irony that I'm whining and bitching about them whining and bitching. haha

source.gif

The comments in there are absurd; basically they flat out REFUSE to practice and get better, so they want Bungie to redesign everything so they can go flawless every week. They want SBMM in Trials...just unreal and so weak and pathetic that it makes my blood boil. If you're not good enough (I KNOW I'm not good enough) then Trials and flawless just aren't for you and that's the end of the story. Either invest the time to get better or fuck off.
<Dany07>

Those people better start spending their time watching streamers in hopes of a carry then as it's only going to get sweatier the longer its out. I don't like the power level thing that much, simply due to me not having(or wanting to) a lot of free time to spend doing random shit in hopes of higher light gear dropping, but this is supposed to be the pinnacle pvp activity so I understand it being enabled. If people want to bitch at Bungo for something there's plenty of legitimate complaints out there to have. Like the netcode. Or the fact that they went with a p2p connection for a game that came out in fucking 2017.

It also comes down to people not wanting to admit they're not as good at pvp as they think they are. I had two people in voice chat in a quick play game bitching at the team and they ended up bottom of the scoreboard while running the absolute meta loadouts.

I'm not a fan of the current grind system they got in place right now due to me playing solo last season I got to rank 440ish but my base gear was only 963. that's alot of wasted grinding for nothing once the new season comes around luckly they raised amount light powerful rewards give out and are making more shit pinnacle rewards later this season.

As for ppl farming that shotgun that's what happen when they completely fuck over every other archetype besides aggressive frames. It's like what they did to hand cannons in D1 where all you had was the palindrome and eyasluna. I was really hoping they was going to tune all the shotguns separately instead they just did another blanket range nerf that's just going to push more ppl to use mindbenders and astral horizon and nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back