International Did COVID come from a Lab in China? US Energy Dept asserts it was a lab leak [megathread]

93.6% is not that similar — decades in evolutionary time. One of three most closely related wild relatives, yes. Not close enough to have been a GOF backbone. Again, going back to my first post, whether GOF or zoonotic event, the wild progenitor is still out there.

Yep. The nearest zoonotic source, 93% similar, is estimated to be about more than 50 years seperated from Covid. So we aren't even close to finding the actual zoonotic source yet.

outbreak the movie hits different after this whole covid pandemic. I hope lassa virus never becomes a pandemic that shit is brutal.
MV5BZTg1Mzk1NjAtNGFlOS00NzdlLWI0NTgtYzlmNTUzZGQ0NjYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

For me it does. I’d rather believe an actual scientist other than some internet “educated” lunatic.

He was going off the same fabricated information the media was going off of at the time. The guy bragging about the gain of function research who requested the funds for that lab is literally the one who put out the bogus article with a few friends. The fact this didn’t make gigantic mainstream news status shows you our system is destroyed.

If cnn and msnbc (and fox really, outside of Tucker it’s pretty obvious controlled and faux opposition with the little I watch) are so pro establishment bureaucrat that they don’t report negative news and Fauci and friends, like they really already haven’t, then those making these propaganda decisions literally need to go to jail, or at least be removed. They need to start reporting news, top to bottom. It’s not too late.

Last edited:
A friend of mine, who's a scientist told me last summer, why this virus could not have started in a lab, but I'm not educated enough to repeat what he said.

There were a lot of people saying this last summer. And if you disagreed you were "spreading disinformation". What a joke.

A friend of mine, who's a scientist told me last summer, why this virus could not have started in a lab, but I'm not educated enough to repeat what he said.

Holy shit!! Well, that settles it. Has he been on Cable News yet?

For me it does. I’d rather believe an actual scientist other than some internet “educated” lunatic.
So the other actual scientists, like world renowned professors and virologists dont count, but your scientist friend does? Gotcha.

What could go wrong

"The documents contain several critical details about the research in Wuhan, including the fact that key experimental work with humanized mice was conducted at a biosafety level 3 lab at Wuhan University Center for Animal Experiment"

Most of this post is irrelevant to the topic at hand, im realizing you don't know how your supposed origin story actually works.

Gain of function research has to start with a virus that can be cultured as a backbone to make chimeras with. Then subunits of spike proteins of other similar viruses are swapped in to see if it makes the virus better able to infect cells in a petri dish. But you have to have those original natural viruses on hand in order to to make the GOF chimeras. The closest strains that have been found are like a decade away in terms of divergence time. We haven't found one similar enough to be that backbone in a GOF story. If you are suggesting that these viruses are rare enough in the wild the WIV could have found it in an animal once and nothing similar is seen again despite all of the recent surveying, the same thing could apply to a zoonotic event.

Also, the outbreak region has nothing to do with how far you need to survey to find the virus in the wild. The WIV was collecting samples from like 1000 km away? And Wuhan is the largest city in central china, it has a number of markets that are selling animals from at least that far in every direction. Some of the closest relatives of SARS-CoV-2 found so far were around Thailand.

Derp.

Go to 29:00.

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new-details-emerge-about-coronavirus-research-at-chinese-lab/

Newly released documents provide details of U.S.-funded research on several types of coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China. The Intercept has obtained more than 900 pages of documents detailing the work of EcoHealth Alliance, a U.S.-based health organization that used federal money to fund bat coronavirus research at the Chinese laboratory. The trove of documents includes two previously unpublished grant proposals that were funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as well as project updates relating to EcoHealth Alliance’s research, which has been scrutinized amid increased interest in the origins of the pandemic.

The documents were released in connection with ongoing Freedom of Information Act litigation by The Intercept against the National Institutes of Health. The Intercept is making the full documents available to the public.

“This is a road map to the high-risk research that could have led to the current pandemic,” said Gary Ruskin, executive director of U.S. Right To Know, a group that has been investigating the origins of Covid-19.

Read More - Link

==================================================================

If you review the source documents, one thing is crystal clear. Fauci was lying under oath. He was the catalyst with his right hand man, Peter Daszak. Daszak is the ultimate scumbag and coincidentally the guy the Chinese picked as the American that could be the investigator on the Wuhan Lab. That is all mighty incestuous as it was Daszak's company EcoHealth that did everything as the go between Fauci and the Lab.

From the Intercept.

The bat coronavirus grant provided the EcoHealth Alliance with a total of $3.1 million, including $599,000 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology used in part to identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans. Even before the pandemic, many scientists were concerned about the potential dangers associated with such experiments.

Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, reviewed the material and told The Intercept that the “viruses they constructed were tested for their ability to infect mice that were engineered to display human type receptors on their cell.”

The documents make it clear that assertions by the NIH Director, Francis Collins, and the NIAID Director, Anthony Fauci, that the NIH did not support gain-of-function research or potential pandemic pathogen enhancement at WIV are untruthful.

That's what we all knew to be true with Fauci lying his ass off under oath in front of the U.S. Senate. We can expect Senator Paul to make a huge victory lap with a ton of "I told you so" involved. Dr. Fauci should be immediately fired and brought up on multiple criminal charges.

Dr. Fauci is the Godfather of the CV-19 Virus.

Derp.

lol.... Epic facepalm

"Well, coronaviruses are pretty good... you can manipulate them in the lab pretty easy, you know. Spike protein drives a lot what happens in a coronavirus. Zoonotic risk. So you can get the sequence, you can bulid a protein, and we work with Ralph Baric at UNC, a genius, insert into the backbone of another virus, and do some work in the lab, and you can get more predictive, when you find a sequence..."

Says the guy that it's impossible for COVID to be lab created.... lol

Last edited:
lol.... Epic facepalm

"Well, coronaviruses are pretty good... you can manipulate them in the lab pretty easy, you know. Spike protein drives a lot what happens in a coronavirus. Zoonotic risk. So you can get the sequence, you can bulid a protein, and we work with Ralph Baric at UNC, a genius, insert into the backbone of another virus, and do some work in the lab, and you can get more predictive, when you find a sequence..."

Says the guy that it's impossible for COVID to be lab created.... lol

And Baric worked with the Batwoman in the Wuhan lab that was funded by vaccine makers. Yuck.

Derp.

I imagine you are referring to Scerpi's transcript above...

You do realise that's exactly what I described in the post you quoted?

Gain of function research has to start with a virus that can be cultured as a backbone to make chimeras with. Then subunits of spike proteins of other similar viruses are swapped in to see if it makes the virus better able to infect cells in a petri dish. But you have to have those original natural viruses on hand in order to to make the GOF chimeras. The closest strains that have been found are like a decade away in terms of divergence time. We haven't found one similar enough to be that backbone in a GOF story. If you are suggesting that these viruses are rare enough in the wild the WIV could have found it in an animal once and nothing similar is seen again despite all of the recent surveying, the same thing could apply to a zoonotic event.

You may consider elaborating if you have a point to make, otherwise it kinda appears you aren't too sure what is going on.

Back