International Did COVID come from a Lab in China? US Energy Dept asserts it was a lab leak [megathread]

outbreak the movie hits different after this whole covid pandemic. I hope lassa virus never becomes a pandemic that shit is brutal.
MV5BZTg1Mzk1NjAtNGFlOS00NzdlLWI0NTgtYzlmNTUzZGQ0NjYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
I saw this flick in high school and it was some scary shit, also why I never liked monkeys, Bats and monkeys seem like virus factories, didn't the HIV virus come from a monkey?

I saw this flick in high school and it was some scary shit, also why I never liked monkeys, Bats and monkeys seem like virus factories, didn't the HIV virus come from a monkey?

mice are the worst they carry all these diseases into peoples houses

mice are the worst they carry all these diseases into peoples houses
Yeah dam, Plague, hanta virus, F that, Its why you gotta have cats, female cats to be specific since they are the hunters, my male cat when I was growing up never killed mice he would just play with them, the female cat would kill all the little rodents and drop them on my porch lol

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new-details-emerge-about-coronavirus-research-at-chinese-lab/

Newly released documents provide details of U.S.-funded research on several types of coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China. The Intercept has obtained more than 900 pages of documents detailing the work of EcoHealth Alliance, a U.S.-based health organization that used federal money to fund bat coronavirus research at the Chinese laboratory. The trove of documents includes two previously unpublished grant proposals that were funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as well as project updates relating to EcoHealth Alliance’s research, which has been scrutinized amid increased interest in the origins of the pandemic.

The documents were released in connection with ongoing Freedom of Information Act litigation by The Intercept against the National Institutes of Health. The Intercept is making the full documents available to the public.

“This is a road map to the high-risk research that could have led to the current pandemic,” said Gary Ruskin, executive director of U.S. Right To Know, a group that has been investigating the origins of Covid-19.

Read More - Link

==================================================================

If you review the source documents, one thing is crystal clear. Fauci was lying under oath. He was the catalyst with his right hand man, Peter Daszak. Daszak is the ultimate scumbag and coincidentally the guy the Chinese picked as the American that could be the investigator on the Wuhan Lab. That is all mighty incestuous as it was Daszak's company EcoHealth that did everything as the go between Fauci and the Lab.

From the Intercept.

The bat coronavirus grant provided the EcoHealth Alliance with a total of $3.1 million, including $599,000 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology used in part to identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans. Even before the pandemic, many scientists were concerned about the potential dangers associated with such experiments.

Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, reviewed the material and told The Intercept that the “viruses they constructed were tested for their ability to infect mice that were engineered to display human type receptors on their cell.”

The documents make it clear that assertions by the NIH Director, Francis Collins, and the NIAID Director, Anthony Fauci, that the NIH did not support gain-of-function research or potential pandemic pathogen enhancement at WIV are untruthful.

That's what we all knew to be true with Fauci lying his ass off under oath in front of the U.S. Senate. We can expect Senator Paul to make a huge victory lap with a ton of "I told you so" involved. Dr. Fauci should be immediately fired and brought up on multiple criminal charges.

Dr. Fauci is the Godfather of the CV-19 Virus.

The only thing left to wonder is if it was made and released on purpose. I mean, the corporate “get trump out even if it means encouraging mass riots” media has been really, really, really supportive of the guy who funded the likely creation of the virus.. Why??

This virus has enhanced the power of the powers that be across the board/world. That is what makes the media pretend you are a “hero” these days; that and helping to get Trump out. So this thing that made the biggest lobbies, and their governments gain massive control, well now that we are caught up to this point (for those that live in reality and follow ACTUAL investigative reporting) the only real question is, did they know? Was it all planned?

I do not know, but that’s kind of the only thing left we do not know. If it is so, cnn would be full propaganda against the notion..

I mean how much more evidence do we need of GOF?

Any, would be a start.

I think most of the people that think this was a gain of function virus are fixated on the technique without really appreciating the context of the work as it relates to coronaviruses.

Until the pandemic, the focus of coronavirus research was on Sars-Cov, and closely related 'Sarsr-Covs', from which covid is only distantly related. The research was directed at 1. trying to find or figure out the direct bat-virus descendent to Sars-Cov, and 2. assessing this group of viruses for future spillover potential. Against this, it doesnt make sense that they would waste time and resources conducting costly gain of function experiments on unpublished viruses outwith this distinct group (hence why the 96% bat virus RaTG13 was not reported until after the outbreak). Furthermore, the lack of resemblance of either the spike protein sequence or the rest of the genome outwith this region to anything known previously is another reason to consider gain of function improbable as a source of this virus.

Any, would be a start.

I think most of the people that think this was a gain of function virus are fixated on the technique without really appreciating the context of the work as it relates to coronaviruses.

Until the pandemic, the focus of coronavirus research was on Sars-Cov, and closely related 'Sarsr-Covs', from which covid is only distantly related. The research was directed at 1. trying to find or figure out the direct bat-virus descendent to Sars-Cov, and 2. assessing this group of viruses for future spillover potential. Against this, it doesnt make sense that they would waste time and resources conducting costly gain of function experiments on unpublished viruses outwith this distinct group (hence why the 96% bat virus RaTG13 was not reported until after the outbreak). Furthermore, the lack of resemblance of either the spike protein sequence or the rest of the genome outwith this region to anything known previously is another reason to consider gain of function improbable as a source of this virus.
The question was were they conducting GOF. Would you say based on the information just put out by The Intercept that it describes GOF? You first have to address that before you even start to discuss if it was the cause of the pandemic or not. Even if it wasn't the cause, Fauci would have had transferred funding for GOF research at a time when it was banned, hence breaking the law.

Any, would be a start.

<Dany07>

Any, would be a start.

That's a pretty big concession you just tried to slip in there, lol. You are admitting this lab was conducting gain-of-function research now?

Well there be a senate panel and hearing on this ? Or will it be swept under the rug since he is the Jesus of the "govern me daddy" crowd.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dr-f...email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=member
Dr. Fauci Faces Call To Resign, Answer For Shocking Report About U.S. Government Funded Wuhan Research

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the chief medical advisor to President Joe Biden, is facing calls to answer for a shocking report, published by the Intercept, about the so-called “gain of function” research that the National Institute of Health funded at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The WIV is thought to be a possible origin point for COVID-19.

In May of 2021, Dr. Fauci, in his testimony to a Senate committee investigating whether the U.S. funded “gain-of-function” research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, claimed that the NIH “has not ever and does not now fund gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

The Intercept, however, found, through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, evidence that the NIH issued a “bat coronavirus grant” to a group called the EcoHealth Alliance for “$3.1 million, including $599,000 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology used in part to identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans.”

As The Daily Wire reported Tuesday, Dr. Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University and an expert who spoke to The Intercept, elaborated on the findings on Twitter.

“The materials show that the 2014 and 2019 NIH grants to EcoHealth with subcontracts to WIV funded gain-of-function research as defined in federal policies in effect in 2014-2017 and potential pandemic pathogen enhancement as defined in federal policies in effect in 2017-present,” Ebert noted. “The materials confirm the grants supported the construction — in Wuhan — of novel chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses that combined a spike gene from one coronavirus with genetic information from another coronavirus, and confirmed the resulting viruses could infect human cells.”

Well there be a senate panel and hearing on this ? Or will it be swept under the rug since he is the Jesus of the "govern me daddy" crowd.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dr-f...email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=member
Dr. Fauci Faces Call To Resign, Answer For Shocking Report About U.S. Government Funded Wuhan Research

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the chief medical advisor to President Joe Biden, is facing calls to answer for a shocking report, published by the Intercept, about the so-called “gain of function” research that the National Institute of Health funded at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The WIV is thought to be a possible origin point for COVID-19.

In May of 2021, Dr. Fauci, in his testimony to a Senate committee investigating whether the U.S. funded “gain-of-function” research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, claimed that the NIH “has not ever and does not now fund gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

The Intercept, however, found, through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, evidence that the NIH issued a “bat coronavirus grant” to a group called the EcoHealth Alliance for “$3.1 million, including $599,000 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology used in part to identify and alter bat coronaviruses likely to infect humans.”

As The Daily Wire reported Tuesday, Dr. Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University and an expert who spoke to The Intercept, elaborated on the findings on Twitter.

“The materials show that the 2014 and 2019 NIH grants to EcoHealth with subcontracts to WIV funded gain-of-function research as defined in federal policies in effect in 2014-2017 and potential pandemic pathogen enhancement as defined in federal policies in effect in 2017-present,” Ebert noted. “The materials confirm the grants supported the construction — in Wuhan — of novel chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses that combined a spike gene from one coronavirus with genetic information from another coronavirus, and confirmed the resulting viruses could infect human cells.”

Well I’m a liberal but never one to be against due diligence.So this should be thoroughly investigated.

But I wouldn’t jump to conclusions, or at least not to the conclusions that some righties seem to want to jump to.

Be careful what you wish for. If Fauci is in fact guilty of anything malicious in his involvement with that Chinese lab, you best be sure that it’s on behalf of some American based big pharmaceutical company. And any and all big American corps are well stocked with conservative board members and Republican benefactors. Neither party is free of corporate influence.

And I’m all honesty I don’t think the politicization of stuff like this is good for the country. Somethings should be beyond politics. Issues of health chief among them

That's a pretty big concession you just tried to slip in there, lol. You are admitting this lab was conducting gain-of-function research now?

The head of the WIV worked on a collaborative gain of function coronavirus experiment with UNC, so i dont think it would be beyond them to do it, although it doesnt look like there is any published work. Nevertheless, this experiment was as i described -concerned with Sars-cov, and so my point stands.

The question was were they conducting GOF. Would you say based on the information just put out by The Intercept that it describes GOF? You first have to address that before you even start to discuss if it was the cause of the pandemic or not. Even if it wasn't the cause, Fauci would have had transferred funding for GOF research at a time when it was banned, hence breaking the law.

Was not aware of this article, but it seems like it centres on a particular paper that doesnt appear to describe gain of function, as there was no increase in pathogenesis, nor was this the intended goal. But as you allude to there are two separate considerations: the accountability of NIH if it was; the likelihood of such experiment being the origin of the virus.

Well I’m a liberal but never one to be against due diligence.So this should be thoroughly investigated.

But I wouldn’t jump to conclusions, or at least not to the conclusions that some righties seem to want to jump to.

Be careful what you wish for. If Fauci is in fact guilty of anything malicious in his involvement with that Chinese lab, you best be sure that it’s on behalf of some American based big pharmaceutical company. And any and all big American corps are well stocked with conservative board members and Republican benefactors. Neither party is free of corporate influence.

And I’m all honesty I don’t think the politicization of stuff like this is good for the country. Somethings should be beyond politics. Issues of health chief among them
I’m fine with the liars being exposed

I’m fine with the liars being exposed

I’m right there with ya. Just as long as we go all the way down the rabbit hole and it’s a bi-partisan trek.

Like I said. I’m a lifelong Democratic but definitely more of a live and let live type. And to me Fauci and some of his ilk seem a little overeager to have us in a perpetual lockdown. Why? I don’t know. I’m not jumping to conclusions. I just want the facts.

Was not aware of this article, but it seems like it centres on a particular paper that doesnt appear to describe gain of function, as there was no increase in pathogenesis, nor was this the intended goal. But as you allude to there are two separate considerations: the accountability of NIH if it was; the likelihood of such experiment being the origin of the virus.
Are you just in straight up denial?

They combined a spike gene from one coronavirus with genetic information from another coronavirus creating a novel lab generated SARS (and MERS) coronavirus that they demonstrated to exhibit enhanced pathogenicity in humanized mice.

How is that not GOF?

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg

Back