Did UFC ever try to sign Ivan Emelianenko?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ivan is the baby brother of Fedor and Aleksander. Of the 3 brothers, he is the most unknown but has fighting experience. He is still super young though. When Fedor was fighting, he was still a kid.

Why would they, he's never been a pro fighter and quit combat sports like 10 years ago.

Why would they, he's never been a pro fighter and quit combat sports like 10 years ago.

What? Why did he quite?

What is he doing now?

I cannot understand how he can be happy with that. He is part of the Emelianenko brothers. Not sure what path can give him happiness and respect. If I had two combat sport brothers, I would be horrified feeling left behind and being forgotten.

What? Why did he quite?

What is he doing now?

I cannot understand how he can be happy with that. He is part of the Emelianenko brothers. Not sure what path can give him happiness and respect. If I had two combat sport brothers, I would be horrified feeling left behind and being forgotten.

Probably got an education and made money without being punched in the head I guess

What? Why did he quite?

What is he doing now?

You're fucking weird then. Guy wasn't passionate about MMA like either of his brothers, the end.

And how can he be forgotten if he was never remembered? Hell, he's not even forgotten because I always see threads about him pop up every year on worldwide and now here.

What? Why did he quite?

What is he doing now?

Alex said in one of his interviews that Ivan was too lazy to become a pro. It sounds like the dude simply didn't like training.

What he's doing now - well, who knows, he's not a public persona and never gave any interviews. Apparently he lives a regular life in his hometown.

Dana holds too much of a grudge against Fedor too sign him.

Not sure what "hipster" means these days, but that's Ivan a couple years ago.

So not hipster just homeless screeching on a sidewalk about conspiracies.

Not sure what "hipster" means these days, but that's Ivan a couple years ago.

Oh god this is fucking disgusting and demoralizing on every level!

Probably got an education and made money without being punched in the head I guess

What education!?

Education don't meant shit in Russia!

In that part of the world, you have to be a fucking savage to be respected.

You're fucking weird then. Guy wasn't passionate about MMA like either of his brothers, the end.

And how can he be forgotten if he was never remembered? Hell, he's not even forgotten because I always see threads about him pop up every year on worldwide and now here.

Your the one who is strange. You don't remember him but yet you cant forget him because you see threads pop up about him!?

That's the reason, dude has a reason to fight. He is connected to greatness. That is a gift from god. The fact that he has a connection to MMA through having family members at the top of the game. In life, most folks have no opportunity to achieve anything great and wonderful. No pathway, no connection and no relative that can offer them an avenue to shine.

I have to lay down, I will respond to you tomorrow. Fucking nauseating the whole thing!

Alex said in one of his interviews that Ivan was too lazy to become a pro. It sounds like the dude simply didn't like training.

What he's doing now - well, who knows, he's not a public persona and never gave any interviews. Apparently he lives a regular life in his hometown.

Everything in this life requires some effort. Even making ends meet working a shit job is an effort in itself. No one can kick back, watch movies and have that be life. Laziness is a weird excuse or I guess something difficult to understand and that is because of the fact that most folks would LOVE to have some type of opportunity to pursue a better life.

With his brothers, he can stay and train with them. Meanwhile the regular person has to have some type of job + train full time without having any connections to the MMA world. Ivan had a name to him. That is a privilaged in itself.

Ivan is the baby brother of Fedor and Aleksander. Of the 3 brothers, he is the most unknown but has fighting experience. He is still super young though. When Fedor was fighting, he was still a kid.

Fighting is not for everyone, obviously he lost interest and I bet for a good reason.I am not saying he could not fight or was bad at fighting.... I know nothing about him but even great fighters sometimes just dont have an interest in fighting.

Not sure if you have watched the show "Team Ingebritgtsen" but it is a reality show about a Norwegian family with several world-class runners, in one of the episodes it showcases one of the brothers who could never really do it, it's a pretty good watch that would probably be very comparable to Ivan, competing isn't for everyone

MV5BNmU0NjFlYzUtMjk3MS00MTQyLWFiOTgtYTBjNmU4MDQ2YzRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTM2NDYzNTE@._V1_.jpg

Fighting is not for everyone, obviously he lost interest and I bet for a good reason.I am not saying he could not fight or was bad at fighting.... I know nothing about him but even great fighters sometimes just dont have an interest in fighting.

I get if this was a regular family but he is related to freaking Fedor!

But aside from that, I read Fedors book and he grew up in a situation that there was nothing else to do. Either train sambo or sit at home at stare at the wall. When he was a kid, he was still in the Soviet Union era and was living in bad condition in terms of not having anything to do.

Now the reason I am dumbfounded with Ivan is, even if you don't want to become a fighter, there is no alternative lifestyle that allows him to get out of the house besides training and competing in sambo which he did. Its not like he is going to go to a night club or a house party. That and I briefly grew up in those type of culture and although there is no racism, there is still classism in a sense of poor people are treated like race victims.

In Emelianko situation, they were poor and poor people were not desired by socialite. This was in his book and he said it gave him determination to fight. Not because he was going to be a rich famous fighter but because sambo was about giving him a dignified identity as a human being. When he was training, there was no UFC or Pride and so it wasn't like he wanted to be an MMA fighter.

Anyways I am rambling but after reading his book, Ivan not wanting to pursue sambo at the very least is still an odd thing. That and I train in judo/sambo and my teacher who was from the Soviet Union talked about the importance of Sambo. Knowing it is a form of protection not because your some martial arts action star who can fight 50 people but because you are part of a community and you have to keep safe from random attackers or hoodlums.

Not sure if you have watched the show "Team Ingebritgtsen" but it is a reality show about a Norwegian family with several world-class runners, in one of the episodes it showcases one of the brothers who could never really do it, it's a pretty good watch that would probably be very comparable to Ivan, competing isn't for everyone

MV5BNmU0NjFlYzUtMjk3MS00MTQyLWFiOTgtYTBjNmU4MDQ2YzRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTM2NDYzNTE@._V1_.jpg

I mean running makes sense. Same thing with swimming. The thing is, sambo and judo have diverse techniques that cater to different genetics. Some folks are explosive athletes and some are more strength, endurance and can drag you to the mat. Some are tall and use leverage and others are short and can use different grips.

With running its very specific and specific genetics tend to be prevail. With sambo and MMA, it allows different body types to prevail because it has more diversity in how much a human body can move.

Only once a year? Not enough!!!

Ivan thread>>>>>>>>Conor thread

Also remind me when DC started fighting...

conor head kicks ivan into oblivion he should stick to fighting japanese pro wrestlers like his brother!

I get if this was a regular family but he is related to freaking Fedor!

But aside from that, I read Fedors book and he grew up in a situation that there was nothing else to do. Either train sambo or sit at home at stare at the wall. When he was a kid, he was still in the Soviet Union era and was living in bad condition in terms of not having anything to do.

Now the reason I am dumbfounded with Ivan is, even if you don't want to become a fighter, there is no alternative lifestyle that allows him to get out of the house besides training and competing in sambo which he did. Its not like he is going to go to a night club or a house party. That and I briefly grew up in those type of culture and although there is no racism, there is still classism in a sense of poor people are treated like race victims.

In Emelianko situation, they were poor and poor people were not desired by socialite. This was in his book and he said it gave him determination to fight. Not because he was going to be a rich famous fighter but because sambo was about giving him a dignified identity as a human being. When he was training, there was no UFC or Pride and so it wasn't like he wanted to be an MMA fighter.

Anyways I am rambling but after reading his book, Ivan not wanting to pursue sambo at the very least is still an odd thing. That and I train in judo/sambo and my teacher who was from the Soviet Union talked about the importance of Sambo. Knowing it is a form of protection not because your some martial arts action star who can fight 50 people but because you are part of a community and you have to keep safe from random attackers or hoodlums.

I mean running makes sense. Same thing with swimming. The thing is, sambo and judo have diverse techniques that cater to different genetics. Some folks are explosive athletes and some are more strength, endurance and can drag you to the mat. Some are tall and use leverage and others are short and can use different grips.

With running its very specific and specific genetics tend to be prevail. With sambo and MMA, it allows different body types to prevail because it has more diversity in how much a human body can move.
I agree with that, but that’s not what I was saying. The brother just didn’t have the mentality to train like that, he would say over and over he was gonna start, and then after a week or two he would always quit… it’s not for everyone. Even though yeah it’s kinda crazy he would pass up money like that, but we’re naturally interested in MMA, maybe he doesn’t give a shit about it.

conor head kicks ivan into oblivion he should stick to fighting japanese pro wrestlers like his brother!

Lol that fragile fuck can only beat dudes who are stuck in pre-puberty. Dude cant KO an old man with a sucker punch and breaks his own leg because of how fragile he is.

I agree with that, but that’s not what I was saying. The brother just didn’t have the mentality to train like that, he would say over and over he was gonna start, and then after a week or two he would always quit… it’s not for everyone. Even though yeah it’s kinda crazy he would pass up money like that, but we’re naturally interested in MMA, maybe he doesn’t give a shit about it.

I love judo and because of that, I started training sambo because judo in modern times is different while sambo has that authentic moves in judo. In training sambo, I learned a great deal about the Soviet Union. They are vicious human beings and only the strong literally survives. Fist fights are abundant and bullies are utterly sociopathic to the core.

Because of knowing this + reading Fedors book, I cant imagine an alternative lifestyle for Ivan besides getting in boxing if not Sambo/MMA. That part of the world requires you to be either in a gang, military or sambo/sport team or some form of activity. Its a dangerous part of town and truth is, dangerous societies does breed violence which leads to anger problems which needs to be exercised through an activity. Hell even Ballet dancing in Soviet Union is vicious ( dead serious) training that requires perfection and symmetric muscle development.

One of the original founders of sambo talked about this and before he was falsely accused of being a Japanese spy, he wanted everybody to learn sambo. He even made sure women were extremely well trained and capable:

Addressing your last point, not giving a shit makes no sense to me because of not just everything I mentioned but because he is most vulnerable because he is Fedors brother and he is more prone to getting fucked. In western world, you might admire someone being related to a famous person but over there, they are going to challenge him and tear him down to build themselves up. I have experience in Middle Eastern and Eastern European culture and they are not exactly " don't worry, be happy" type folks.

Back