Did UFC need Fedor or did Fedor need UFC?

R u serious?
I guess you'd write an encyclopedia predicting his brutal beating if he took on Parker Porter.
Sure, I’d write a breakdown for that fight. I’ll probably be writing one for whomever he fights next. Because, you know, this is an MMA forum and everything.
<seedat>

The UFC is perceived as the best as a group you moron. Not just the guy holding the title currently. Bader, Davis, Mousasi, MacDonald were all seen as some of the best in the world when they're were in the UFC but once they left the company casual fans forgotten about them even though their skills didn't decline and the fact that they encouter some tough opposition in Bellator shows that some of those guys there are capable of holding their own against many in the UFC.

Too difficult to follow?

You literally listed groups of champion fighters like Jones, Usman, and Ngannou who "suddenly" wouldn't be perceived as the best if they left the UFC and I accurately retorted the only way fighters like that could leave the UFC is if they were no longer champion as the champion's clause binds them to the UFC so long as they're reigning. AKA those guys actually wouldn't be the best anymore in your situation.

The UFC has the best fighter because their champion clause ensures they stay with the promotion instead of going elsewhere while they're still the best. Talking about guys who never won the belt, or have since lost it, is irrelevant as those guys are free to sign elsewhere and the UFC doesn't care as they've still ensured they've got #1 regardless.

Like no, obviously Usman wouldn't suddenly be a can if he signed with Bellator right now, regardless of how he did there. But you also can't just ignore that he just got KTFO by Edwards and so we know Edwards is #1, not Usman. What Usman does is irrelevant as to whether or not the UFC has the best fighter. They do as they still have Edwards, and will have him so long as he's bound by the champion's clause. And when he's not bound by it, guess what? They'll have the next guy too for the exact same reason.

Stupid post. Pride was the best THEN because 7 of 10 best fighters (on average) in the world fought for Pride and not UFC. Pride had better rules for the fighters, and it paid more. That's why they had better fighters.

And then what happened...? More than half of these guys careers were spent outside of Pride yet you never discuss those fights, or if you do you try and downplay those portions of their careers, which includes both before and after Pride, as being irrelevant/excusable.

Most of you just liked Pride. It's why there's dumb takes like Pride guys had to adjust to rules to justify their Unified Rules losses as if they didn't have to do exactly that when they also went to Pride 14 fights into their careers, or how Pride Shogun was better than UFC Shogun when Machida era Shogun is obviously the best Shogun ever was and would've beaten Pride Shogun. It's all just about enjoying Pride itself.

Pride had better depth than the UFC when Fedor fought there. It wasn't a thing where if you didn't fight in the UFC, you were lesser back then.

Also, Fedor was not the same by the time that negotiation took place. He had 10 great years, which is about what MMA fighters can manage before they go downhill.

Neither needed the other. Fedor made bank by beating cans and washed up former UFC HW Champs.

UFC went on as the number 1 company and brought in Brock in who made them more money then Fedor ever would've. Cain and JDS were on the rise and Strikeforce was bought out and Werdum and Bigfoot we're brought in, who recently smashed Fedor. Overeem came in who Fedor also wanted no part of.

Personally, I think if Fedor came to the UFC at his peak or even a little towards the end and put together a winning record and won the HW strap, I think he'd be so far ahead of anybody in the GOAT discussion.

Is UFC's heavyweight class forever tarnish because they not sign Fedor?
Or is Fedor legacy tarnish because he not sign UFC?

I think the UFC heavyweight is never have the legitimacy it need cause it never had Fedor. People like Volkov and Olenik cannot replace what Fedor would achieve UFC.
Were still talking about Fedor?
That was 50 years ago basically. Ufc has done fine. So has Fedor

lmao UFC would have profited and they know it... they were pissed because Fedor tried to take advantage of them. In retrospect, I actually believe Dana's crazy stories about negotiating with Fedor.

The UFC had a stacked HW roster back then: Randy, Nog, Tim, Lesnar, Cain, Mir, JDS

Both needed it to have Fedor vs Brock. Biggest Heavyweight fight of All time.
Fans lost.

Neither but UFC needed him more.

Fedor always said freedom and respect was more important than money in the contract. UFC’s contracts own people and he had no interest in that. He’s more of a boxing style mindset where you pay them for individual fights.

It was just never meant to be. Rumor is Lorenzo actually got the deal done and it was goin to be Fedor/Brock at Cowboys Stadium. A one fight deal. Fedor’s dad died and he decided to retire briefly.

That would have been epic but I don’t know if I could take if Brock beat him. I had zero doubt that Hunt would beat Brock but got it done with wrestling. Still, if Fedor beat him and rode off into the sunset, that would be an incredible moment.

Overall, I think the fans cared more about Fedor in the UFC than he did. He didn’t need them and frankly they didn’t need him. He doesn’t have the personality of the type of guys they like to promote.

First intelligent post nailed it.
Which Frodo though?
Faceplant Frodo or Flailing Frodo?

Faceplant Frodo? Like how Bader KO'd him in literally a few seconds?
Or...
Flailing Frodo? Like how he flailed around like a fish out of water while Bigfoot Silva mercilessly pounded on the Russian punching bag?

Fedor? yes
No Fedor? No

Fedor never needed the UFC but there was a point when they needed him. When Fedors doormat Big Nog touched gold in the UFC it was obvious they needed the GOAT.

Fedor was making millions and fighting on national TV on CBS before any UFC fighter ever did and was the #1 P4P fighter in the world for 7 years. To think UFC never needed him during that time is nothing but shill delusion.

By the time he started losing they no longer needed him but STILL wanted him. That tells you all you need to know.

Fedor always and forever >>>>> U FIGHT CHEAP

Would love to seen Fedor vs. Brock. But I actually rather see Fedor vs. Overeem, which could have happened if they both continued on to the next round in the Strikeforce tournament.

ufc chased him so i think they needed him more

The UFC wanted Fedor.
Fedor had a degree of interest in the UFC at one point.
But neither needed the other.

Back