Did you guys just see that Loma fight?

That guy he just fought is the assistant manager at discount tire

Cruz had a competitive fights vs MM (when he was a part time fighter).

Stipe is a part time fighter and he "broke" the UFC HW record.

Brock Lesnar was a part time fighter and made legit fighters look like a beta cuck after a few weeks of MMA training.

My boy Brock Lesnar is the greatest part time figher of all time.

Crolla looks an idiot complaining the early stoppage now.

He would definitely smoke any of them in a boxing ring. Not sure about an mma match though.

That being said I would love to see Fury slap Jones around a boxing ring for a round or two.

And yes, I think Jones could actually last a round or two.

He would get taken down in .2 seconds

His boxing is amazing though. That KO was awesome
Have you seen Lomachenko wrestling and Sambo? Yes he was a kid but you don't forget that shit. He was a star even back then. Check this video. I think he wouldn't need that long to train to be at a decent level for MMA. Maybe a year or two. Look how fucking strong he is, lifting a 200 lb man and suplexing him to the mat. What do you think he going to be able to do to someone his own size? The guy can do 20+ handstand push ups. He's strong as fuck.

Last edited:
When will you fools learn that mma and boxing are two different sports? "Loma can wrestle", but to what level at this point? Is that all it takes? No. Even Loma isn't dumb enough to think he'd automatically dominate in mma, but you guys know better? This is why the comment section isn't worth reading sometimes. I come on here for laughs. Unless Loma agrees to an mma fight, none of this discussion is valid.

Lomachenko is the best combat athlete right know (legit A+++++ level athlete) ... dude is soo good in so many things.

Dude was a youth regional Sambo champion and he could have competed for the national championship.

He was also a very skilled wrestler and judoka. Dude was even a good Hockey player ...

Lomachenko is so strong, dude doesnt look light.
giphy.gif

He would definitely smoke any of them in a boxing ring. Not sure about an mma match though.

That being said I would love to see Fury slap Jones around a boxing ring for a round or two.

And yes, I think Jones could actually last a round or two.

Tyson has good power if he sits down on his punches and i think he can do that vs Jones.

It wouldnt matter if his style goes out of the window vs jones.

No need to bring up Mercer koing Sylvia that’s a different argument, but good on you for knowing both those names I figured you wouldn’t be familiar with either of them. Toney got paid to flop he just didn’t sell it like the UFC wanted.

OR...maybe Toney just sucks at wrestling and got taken down with an ankle pick lol. They didn't need to fix Toney/Couture for it to end the way it did. Randy actually took it easy on him. He definitely could've inflicted some damage and he chose not to...I'm assuming out of respect for the fact that Toney actually came to mma and fought a high level guy, and once he got him down with an ankle pick, Randy also probably realized that he really had no idea what he was doing. It almost would've been wrong for him to beat the shit out of a guy that was pretty much defenseless.

Toney was waaay out of his depth. One of the best natural boxers of a generation, but he really had no clue what he was getting himself into.

OR...maybe Toney just sucks at wrestling and got taken down with an ankle pick lol. They didn't need to fix Toney/Couture for it to end the way it did. Randy actually took it easy on him. He definitely could've inflicted some damage and he chose not to...I'm assuming out of respect for the fact that Toney actually came to mma and fought a high level guy, and once he got him down with an ankle pick, Randy also probably realized that he really had no idea what he was doing. It almost would've been wrong for him to beat the shit out of a guy that was pretty much defenseless.

Toney was waaay out of his depth. One of the best natural boxers of a generation, but he really had no clue what he was getting himself into.

Bro Toney was fat/CTE/irrelevant for years vs TRT Randy

This was a joke fight

LOL

My neighbour is a silver medallist and i could take him down with ez and choke him out .. but dude is at least 60 y/o

Boxing techniques don't work in MMA you goofs

James Vick is 2 times golden glove champion and got starched by NCAA wrestler and Iranian high school wrestler
Lol at 2 time golden glove champion. Dudes boxing is horrendous. Loma can wrestle and is a crazy athlete. He would pick up mma in no time. The dude is so precise and sharp, nobody in combat sports can touch this dude right now.

Bro Toney was fat/CTE/irrelevant for years vs TRT Randy

This was a joke fight

LOL

My neighbour is a silver medallist and i could take him down with ez and choke him out .. but dude is at least 60 y/o

Yeah I'm aware. He made half a million to fight Randy. He only did it because he needed money and couldn't get any big name boxers to give him a money fight. I remember him going after "the Klitschko sisters" pretty relentlessly. He was definitely washed up by the time the Randy fight happened.

Yeah I'm aware. He made half a million to fight Randy. He only did it because he needed money and couldn't get any big name boxers to give him a money fight. I remember him going after "the Klitschko sisters" pretty relentlessly. He was definitely washed up by the time the Randy fight happened.

Dana let fighters like CTE toney and Punk fight ... but not Herschel Walker ...
white-laugh-e1438824730978.png

I like how MMA fans think this is still 2001 where fighters-- let alone average bums in streetfights-- are unaware of the threat of grappling.

McGregory (who I don't like) did exactly what you guys were saying couldn't be done, waltz in and take the belt with some decent but not awesome boxing and horrible grappling.

Then you have someone like Loma who is better than McG at every aspect of fighting and athleticism, yet some self-appointed high priests of MMA opinion are crying heresy for the idea that a guy who is superior in achievement to Greg could do something similar.

Here's a question: what does Connor McGregor do better than Lomachenko? Do you think he could be at least that successful (as far as winning goes, not popularity)? And if not, why not? What does someone like McGregor do that a guy like Lomachenko couldn't do/learn?

Genuine question, I don't really follow MMA.

Here's a question: what does Connor McGregor do better than Lomachenko? Do you think he could be at least that successful (as far as winning goes, not popularity)? And if not, why not? What does someone like McGregor do that a guy like Lomachenko couldn't do/learn?

Genuine question, I don't really follow MMA.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Lomachenko is billion ... no TRILLION times the athlete Conor is.

Conors TDD and kicks? Well ... Cody avoids takedowns with footwork (90% of the time), but lets say footwork doesnt work: TDD takes some time, but its not as difficult and time consuming as some think.

Codys style is basic TDD, boxing footwork and counters.

Conors kicking game is nothing special.

I have no problem when people say:" umm mma athletes are better, better money, more popular", but many many many MMA fans make MMA more complicated than it really is.

But reddit noobs are even worse than sherdoggers ... Adensaya (kickboxer) took MMA srsly two years ago and they told me that he would lose vs random high school wrestlers/blue belts lol and that he would never be the ufc champ. They made fun of Kickboxers, when Saki lost in the UFC, but he was already too old, too much damage ... imo he was just there for the paycheck.

I think theres even a thread here on sherdog how Floyd would lose to high school wrestlers.

Back