Dillian Whyte possible UFC fight

No it's the gloves....they cut weight in boxing too and you don't get anywhere in boxing with an mma chin

Mma guys wouldn't have mma chins in boxing...the gloves put you out immediately
It's not the gloves. I have fought in mma and had a fair shit ton of bare knuckle fights. I have been hit way harder with gloves on. To give an example i got soccer kicked in the face last saturday night. The dude broke his foot and really pissed me off. Watch old school mma, vale Tudo of gypsy bare knuckle, they don't go down from the first shot that touches them. Then watch the "massive" Darren till get iced by the first shot masvidal clips him with.

No it's the gloves....they cut weight in boxing too and you don't get anywhere in boxing with an mma chin

Mma guys wouldn't have mma chins in boxing...the gloves put you out immediately
Also the weight cuts aren't usually as large in boxing.

Also the weight cuts aren't usually as large in boxing.
That's a huge blanket statement. But i don't know or think it's true. Mma weights are farther apart though so i mean it could be due to that alone idk...be cool to get some actual data on this but i wouldn't expect it to be out there in the type of depth that it will be eventually hopefully

Boxers also train to take shots a lot more and are better at it

So maybe that's why more than the gloves

What's with the yellow by the way?

That's a huge blanket statement. But i don't know or think it's true. Mma weights are farther apart though so i mean it could be due to that alone idk...be cool to get some actual data on this but i wouldn't expect it to be out there in the type of depth that it will be eventually hopefully

Boxers also train to take shots a lot more and are better at it

So maybe that's why more than the gloves

What's with the yellow by the way?
Like you say there is a lot of factors, gloves being one of them. The card is for spamming threads about our shit government, and the shit response to the virus.

Like you say there is a lot of factors, gloves being one of them. The card is for spamming threads about our shit government, and the shit response to the virus.
It's possible that we're both right

More i think of it the more bigger cuts in mma would make sense....if nothing else because of the wider gap between divisions....we have 17, i think they have 8

People make a massive deal about crossover fights but they happen far more than you think. A list I did 7 years ago of crossover fighters.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mma-kickboxing-and-boxing-crossover-fighters.2532995/

Honestly kickboxing, Muay Thai or K1 style rules is the way to go. UFC might not allow but just about any other MMA organisation would.

All boxing fans will dismiss a grappling win and as a fan of both I would take no satisfaction in seeing someone outgrapple a boxer. I would far rather a stand up fight, wether by the rules or at least an agreement between fighters to stand.

Couture had to play the Toney fight like he did because he wasn’t a striker. Whyte needs a striker with the balls to stand with him to make it worth while for the fans.

People make a massive deal about crossover fights but they happen far more than you think. A list I did 7 years ago of crossover fighters.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mma-kickboxing-and-boxing-crossover-fighters.2532995/

Honestly kickboxing, Muay Thai or K1 style rules is the way to go. UFC might not allow but just about any other MMA organisation would.

All boxing fans will dismiss a grappling win and as a fan of both I would take no satisfaction in seeing someone outgrapple a boxer. I would far rather a stand up fight, wether by the rules or at least an agreement between fighters to stand.

Couture had to play the Toney fight like he did because he wasn’t a striker. Whyte needs a striker with the balls to stand with him to make it worth while for the fans.
Ngannou wouldn't grapple.

Damn, everyone is getting yellows and double yellows
It's possible that we're both right

More i think of it the more bigger cuts in mma would make sense....if nothing else because of the wider gap between divisions....we have 17, i think they have 8
That the way I figure it. Weight cuts have increased in boxing, but there is a culture of it in mma.

Ngannou wouldn't grapple.

I'm not saying Whyte is all that great, but he'd fucking mangle that man. At this point I will pay, fuck I'll pay, to watch the postman and my mrs fight it out bare knuckle in the yard. But yeah Whyte beats him in stand up K1 etc. Mma speaking, I have no idea if Ngannou does takedowns, haven't watched it seriously in years.

I'm not saying Whyte is all that great, but he'd fucking mangle that man. At this point I will pay, fuck I'll pay, to watch the postman and my mrs fight it out bare knuckle in the yard. But yeah Whyte beats him in stand up K1 etc. Mma speaking, I have no idea if Ngannou does takedowns, haven't watched it seriously in years.
Whyte wouldn't mangle Ngannou lol...it honestly could legitimately go either way with 4oz gloves.

I doubt it'd go beyond 2 or 3 minutes either way

Whyte wouldn't mangle Ngannou lol...it honestly could legitimately go either way with 4oz gloves.

I doubt it'd go beyond 2 or 3 minutes either way

I just googled him, and watched a HL on youtube, punchers chance maybe, but I don't see how he does well with Whyte in stand up. What am I missing here?

I just googled him, and watched a HL on youtube, punchers chance maybe, but I don't see how he does well with Whyte in stand up. What am I missing here?
Lol.

Sherdog scout.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52093018

Aside from it being the usual trash talk of fighters with nothing better to do, of all the HWs Whyte would be one of the best crossover prospects considering his Kickboxing pedigree. He also has a lot of strength which would suit takedown defence.

Regardless Whyte-Ngannou would be a great tear up - maybe with a special rule set/gentlemans agreement that limits the gound game.
Screw the gentleman agreement shit .... either fight a full MMA fight or stick to boxing

As much as I believe any boxer that lands on someone with a 4oz glove is gonna put them to sleep immediately, these cage fighters are so good at being on their bike these days I don't see any boxers being successful. The overriding strategy in UFC MMA atm is avoid danger and grapple.
Guessing you don’t watch much MMa

It's not the gloves. I have fought in mma and had a fair shit ton of bare knuckle fights. I have been hit way harder with gloves on. To give an example i got soccer kicked in the face last saturday night. The dude broke his foot and really pissed me off. Watch old school mma, vale Tudo of gypsy bare knuckle, they don't go down from the first shot that touches them. Then watch the "massive" Darren till get iced by the first shot masvidal clips him with.
Masvidal landed some big shots before the knockout.....knockout blow was a shot Till didn’t see ....which is normal

You aren’t missing anything....Ngannou would get slept in a standup fight

Whyte is the former European K1 champion, also 2 time BIKMA British Super Heavyweight champ with a 20-1 record. I believe he also has a grounding in BJJ. If any heavyweight boxer had a shot in the UFC, it’s Whyte.

Back