Discussion Thread: DWCS Season 6 Tuesdays starting July 26, 2022

FaVESB3WIAEptwO

The best week hands down, even have the Polish meme Kevin Szaflarski on there. He is amusingly horrible

I think this and week 6 are both excellent.

FaFE-3xWIAAIGqW

I do think Bonfim Vs Abbasov is maybe the highest level DWCS fight ever though, both could easily be main card UFC fighters imho

I think this and week 6 are both excellent.

FaFE-3xWIAAIGqW

I do think Bonfim Vs Abbasov is maybe the highest level DWCS fight ever though, both could easily be main card UFC fighters imho
For all the guys fighting week 5, why would I fight those really hard bouts for 5K/5K. Strange decisions but the UFC is the UFC

You get what they offer you I guess.
I don't get the matchmaking for these events, seems like they just hate some guys. Like Bellato, Petrino, the Bonfim brothers, Klinkhammer, Abbasov could all be in the UFC if they matched them up against other guys.

I don't get the matchmaking for these events, seems like they just hate some guys. Like Bellato, Petrino, the Bonfim brothers, Klinkhammer, Abbasov could all be in the UFC if they matched them up against other guys.

I think they try and match people with people of a similarish level, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think they try and match people with people of a similarish level, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It makes no sense at all. They'll have a fight like Petrino vs. Bellato then a 205lb fight between some 8-3 guy and some 6-2 bloke, neither of whom are UFC worthy, and one gets a contract.

I'm a little confused by this one, Abbasov is 28-3 and has some pretty big wins over Marif Piraev and Shamil Zavurov, like for Contender Series level fighters these are absolutely astronomical wins. Why would Nariman, who's probably a top 5 LW Free agent get signed to the contender series and not the UFC directly? Ontop of this hes fighting 17-3 Ismael Bonfim who is arguably Brazil's best LW prospect, both of these men are on 13 fight and 11 fight win streaks respectively.

I'm just a little confused, this fight is absurdly high level between two blue chip prospects just entering their primes at 26 (Bonfim) and 28 (Abbasov) but 90% of the talent they sign to the contenders series are much less talented and much less accomplished fighters than these two, why not sign them directly to the UFC? And why match them up against each other of all people? I understand they could both possibly get signed or the loser will probably get a second chance, especially since they are both exciting fighters who like to bang.

But how does this make any sense? These feels like a UFC fight where the winner gets a top 10 ranking more than a contender series fight. You'd think they'd give them both lobs vs some 9-1 prospect that they crush and give them both contracts.

(sorry mods for the double post, wasn't sure if I was supposed to post this in here or not, taking the gamble)

5 more bouts to be announced to fill the season, who are we saying is involved? I saw Trevor Peek say he got a contract but has probation issues

5 more bouts to be announced to fill the season, who are we saying is involved? I saw Trevor Peek say he got a contract but has probation issues

Ashiek Ajim is on the roster so himif he hasn't been announced. Allan Begosso too.

As well as Aliev, I also spot Nair Melikyan and Malik Lewis on the roster.

PREDICTIONS:

Eduardo Neves ransacks Michael Parkin, 1st round KO - gets signed.

Amiran Gogoladze finishes Darrius Flowers quickly, 1st round TKO - gets signed.

Jesus Santos Aguilar wins a close decision over Erisson Fereira, doesn't get signed.

Josh Wang-Kim wins a decision over Cameron Saiiman - doesn't get signed.

Denis Gomes TKOs Rayanne Amanda late in the 3rd, gets signed.

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
  • Mick Parkin (259) vs. Eduardo Neves (265)
  • Darrius Flowers (171) vs. Amiran Gogoladze (170.5)
  • Jesus Santos Aguilar (125.5) vs. Erisson Ferreira da Silva (126.5)*
  • Cameron Saaiman (136) vs. Josh Wang-Kim (135)
  • Rayanne Amanda (115.5) vs. Denise Gomes (115.5)
*Da Silva missed the flyweight limit on his first attempt. He is awaiting notification from the Nevada Athletic Commission after he completes his medical evaluation to see if he can attempt to cut the remaining half-pound.

Back