Discussion Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 30th Season 2022

Yeah. I had it Brogan round one (very close) Brogan round two (not close) and Brogan round three (nowhere near close). I could sort of understand Pena saying that to let Laura down easy and avoid too much flack but Laura believing it is a different story. Hopefully she'll watch the fight and make improvements.

Thanks for another great writeup of the show.

Yeah, technically they aren’t spoilers now. Once it airs Tuesday, it’s all game. As you said though, will show consideration to those who didn’t watch yet.

I agree with your assessment. Peña is letting her down gently. She’s proving to be a hell of a coach. However, my concern is Laura actually thinks she won. I think she is like Bartling— plenty of potential. She can be a force at 115, use this experience to her benefit and sharpen some of those tools, add some. Go to Spokane full time.

I’m not sold on Usman. I think Pauga smokes him in the finale. Note, I’m saying this in belief he wins. I’m even less sold on Perez. I think his chance of winning depends on catching Usman. He’s got that home run power. I think Usman has everything else on him. I don’t think Perez is better than Sipe, and Usman endured what Sipe dished.

Yeah, technically they aren’t spoilers now. Once it airs Tuesday, it’s all game. As you said though, will show consideration to those who didn’t watch yet.

I agree with your assessment. Peña is letting her down gently. She’s proving to be a hell of a coach. However, my concern is Laura actually thinks she won. I think she is like Bartling— plenty of potential. She can be a force at 115, use this experience to her benefit and sharpen some of those tools, add some. Go to Spokane full time.

I’m not sold on Usman. I think Pauga smokes him in the finale. Note, I’m saying this in belief he wins. I’m even less sold on Perez. I think his chance of winning depends on catching Usman. He’s got that home run power. I think Usman has everything else on him. I don’t think Perez is better than Sipe, and Usman endured what Sipe dished.
Great post. On the money IMO.

I suspect he’s gonna get in some shit for putting this up. That’s two weeks away from airing and he just blew a pretty big spoiler. Unless she gets a contract to fight on the finale but isn’t one of the finalists, which they never announce this early anyhow.

Not too stunned sadly. Juju’s bullshit has annoyed me from the moment I watched the pre show interviews on YouTube. I’m not wild about people who constantly need to remind everyone how “hot” they think they are. She also gives off the major drama Queen vibes, and I’m surprised she’s not been one on the show, sans the one incident. However, this matchup favored her. Kaitlyn really didn’t win her first fight as much as she did just barely more than Helen, who did next to nothing. Miller showed tenacity. I still think Walker kicks the shit out of her, especially at full health.

I had picked Laura to win, but Brogan looked good in her previous fight minus cardio. Brogan's cardio was on point against Laura and I had her winning all 3 rounds. Round 2 could have gone to Laura, but she got pretty battered at the end which made it pretty clear for Brogan. I thought both girls looked pretty decent. Laura mentioned going down to 115 and I think if she can make the weight she should get a shot in the UFC there.

Kinda funny we're still talking in spoilers. Oh well, nothing wrong in being considerate to those who haven't watched it yet. Maybe after I move the thread back to other section (probably Friday) we can stop using them.

Who do you all have for next week? I'm sticking with Usman. He has KO power and seems like he's gaining in confidence. Perez may have more overall skills. We will see. They haven't shown much of Perez but Nunes seems confident he will win. I'm never too comfortable making predictions. That's why we watch the fights.

Perez couldn't stop Bobby Maximus taking him down, I don't think he has much chance against a decent wrestler in Usman.

Perez couldn't stop Bobby Maximus taking him down, I don't think he has much chance against a decent wrestler in Usman.
Yeah same here.
Were you familiar with any fights of Pagau and Usman prior to Tuf? How do you think they would stack up against each other?
I kinda feel with Usman that if he wins next week both he and Pagau will get signed.
Walker and Juju from the women should get signed as well.
Not sure who else. Maybe Hannah Guy if she wins one or two more fights. She’s young and seems to take things seriously.
Peralta may have blown her chance showing up to practice drunk; also she seems too small. Amongst the heavyweights no one has impressed me much though I like Heidermann as a person from what I’ve seen of him on Tuf.
Also feel Claire Guthrie may be ready. I’ve liked her in Invicta fights prior to Tuf.
Gallatdo looks too small and too much a one trick pony. Also didn’t like her fight iq and that she thought she defeated Walker. She clearly didn’t.

Yeah same here.
Were you familiar with any fights of Pagau and Usman prior to Tuf? How do you think they would stack up against each other?
I kinda feel with Usman that if he wins next week both he and Pagau will get signed.
Walker and Juju from the women should get signed as well.
Not sure who else. Maybe Hannah Guy if she wins one or two more fights. She’s young and seems to take things seriously.
Peralta may have blown her chance showing up to practice drunk; also she seems too small. Amongst the heavyweights no one has impressed me much though I like Heidermann as a person from what I’ve seen of him on Tuf.
Also feel Claire Guthrie may be ready. I’ve liked her in Invicta fights prior to Tuf.
Gallatdo looks too small and too much a one trick pony. Also didn’t like her fight iq and that she thought she defeated Walker. She clearly didn’t.

Usman I thought was a little one dimensional, but his jab did look better against Sipe but Sipe was absolutely awful so difficult to say. I think he'd struggle in the UFC but he might be able to compete with people like Vanderaa. He might have an advantage over Pauga in the size, Pauga is a 205er.

I

Usman I thought was a little one dimensional, but his jab did look better against Sipe but Sipe was absolutely awful so difficult to say. I think he'd struggle in the UFC but he might be able to compete with people like Vanderaa. He might have an advantage over Pauga in the size, Pauga is a 205er.

I

Yeah, I think Pauga wins easily and drops to 205lbs, but Usman will be signed and will get guys like Vanderaa, Sherman, Tafa etc to try and build him up a bit because of his brother. I can also see the Heiderman/Perez winner getting a contract, but nobody else.

For as big and intimidating as Usman looks he does not seem very athletic. Just seems very stiff, passive, and not explosive. His first fight was a toss up to me and he is lucky to be where he is at. I have nothing against the guy he just doesnt seem to be made for fighting.

This was a tough fight to score for me. I thought Usman had round 1 and after that I thought it could have gone either way. Usman ate alot of leg kicks, but they didnt seem to effect him. I think overall Usman landed harder shots and Perez's body looked pretty battered at the end. I thought Usman looked improved overall, but he still swings very wild / loopy. I think Zac is going to win easy.

Episode 11. Last of the HW semifinals. Mohammed Usman (7-2) vs. Eduardo Perez (4-1). Usman is 32, 6'1", 238 pounds, with a 78" reach. Perez is 27, 6'5", 265 pounds, with a reach of 82". The winner goes to the finals to face Zac Pauga.

Round 1. Perez thows hard leg kicks and good jabs. Usman throws some wild haymakers and has trouble squaring up. Perez, but it's close.

Round 2. Usman settles down and starts finding his range. He takes down Perez, who bounces back up and throws a strong knee. Usman has some nice shots to the body. Usman, but it's close.

Round 3. Perez lands a few hard shots but doesn't follow up. Usman presses the action by force of will. Perez is on the defensive. Usman gets off a flurry at the end. Usman.

After a close hard fight, Usman wins by split decision.

Next week it's the last of the women's semis. Juliana Miller vs. Katlynn Neil. The winner will fight Brogan Walker in the finals.

Episode 11. Last of the HW semifinals. Mohammed Usman (7-2) vs. Eduardo Perez (4-1). Usman is 32, 6'1", 238 pounds, with a 78" reach. Perez is 27, 6'5", 265 pounds, with a reach of 82". The winner goes to the finals to face Zac Pauga.

Round 1. Perez thows hard leg kicks and good jabs. Usman throws some wild haymakers and has trouble squaring up. Perez, but it's close.

Round 2. Usman settles down and starts finding his range. He takes down Perez, who bounces back up and throws a strong knee. Usman has some nice shots to the body. Usman, but it's close.

Round 3. Perez lands a few hard shots but doesn't follow up. Usman presses the action by force of will. Perez is on the defensive. Usman gets off a flurry at the end. Usman.

After a close hard fight, Usman wins by split decision.

Next week it's the last of the women's semis. Juliana Miller vs. Katlynn Neil. The winner will fight Brogan Walker in the finals.

Zac is going to slaughter him in the finals. I felt that way from the moment the semis were announced, whoever won between Pauga and Heiderman was going to cruise in the finals. After seeing this, nothing’s changed. I also felt the Brogan- Gallardo winner is going to win the finale but Miller/Neil at least make me pause some.

Zac is going to slaughter him in the finals. I felt that way from the moment the semis were announced, whoever won between Pauga and Heiderman was going to cruise in the finals. After seeing this, nothing’s changed. I also felt the Brogan- Gallardo winner is going to win the finale but Miller/Neil at least make me pause some.
Yeah I’m leaning the same.

I think all 4 finalists will get signed to the UFC. Perhaps a few more as well, which I’ll want to discuss after next week’s show.

What do you think of Pena vs. Nunes II? I’m leaning toward Nunes. However she will need improved cardio.

Back