Discussion Thread: The Ultimate Fighter 30th Season 2022

Yeah I’m leaning the same.

I think all 4 finalists will get signed to the UFC. Perhaps a few more as well, which I’ll want to discuss after next week’s show.

What do you think of Pena vs. Nunes II? I’m leaning toward Nunes. However she will need improved cardio.

I think Pauga wins easily and drops to 205lbs and Perez TKOs Heiderman to get a contract. Heiderman potentially gets signed perhaps at 205lbs.

Heiderman seems a good athlete but not exactly a fighter, Perez the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Spoiler alert since I don't know how to do the tags

Thought that was the wrong decision. Usman had a terrible gameplan, didn't really wrestle and just kind of wobbled about throwing overhands.Scored it 30-27 Perez.

Yeah I’m leaning the same.

I think all 4 finalists will get signed to the UFC. Perhaps a few more as well, which I’ll want to discuss after next week’s show.

What do you think of Pena vs. Nunes II? I’m leaning toward Nunes. However she will need improved cardio.

Yeah, I think all four finalists get contracts, I suspect whomever loses in the semis next week gets a contract because they meet a “look” demographic. Wouldn’t be surprised if Claire, Laura and possibly Hannah get contracts too. Men’s side, outside of the two finalists, I think Bobby Maximus gets a one fight deal, maybe Jordan and Eduardo. I could see Nyle getting a “DWCS” shot. Beyond that, not too confident any of the others get a look.

I know Amanda was going through some stuff last fight with Peña that has been taken care of. With her mind at ? She beats the crap out of her imo. I think she wins the rematch rather convincingly.

Yeah, I think all four finalists get contracts, I suspect whomever loses in the semis next week gets a contract because they meet a “look” demographic. Wouldn’t be surprised if Claire, Laura and possibly Hannah get contracts too. Men’s side, outside of the two finalists, I think Bobby Maximus gets a one fight deal, maybe Jordan and Eduardo. I could see Nyle getting a “DWCS” shot. Beyond that, not too confident any of the others get a look.

I know Amanda was going through some stuff last fight with Peña that has been taken care of. With her mind at ? She beats the crap out of her imo. I think she wins the rematch rather convincingly.
Agree on the four finalists getting contracts.

I can see Claire getting signed because she was strong in her fight against Miller and she was good prior to TUF. Hannah maybe because she looked good in her performance, is young and has a bright future. Don't know about Laura as she appears small and not confident on the feet. Perhaps she can move down a division or take a short notice fight.

Among the HW's, besides the finalists agree that Jordan and Eduardo would be good picks. Like you say Nyle could get a shot on DWCS. Not sure why they'd give a one fight deal to Bobby. Unless as compensation for taking up so much airtime lol. Especially interested in whether Pauga moves down after TUF. Daniel Cormier suggested he should stay at HW as it's a more wide open division.

Yeah Nunes had covid and had the new baby. Since she left ATT, not sure if she brought along any previous coaches. Interested in how they both perform in the rematch. Julianna's confidence is high and I'm impressed with how she's been coaching on TUF. It appears she has a good coaching team that's already together.

Spoiler alert since I don't know how to do the tags

Thought that was the wrong decision. Usman had a terrible gameplan, didn't really wrestle and just kind of wobbled about throwing overhands.Scored it 30-27 Perez.

Don't know about 30-27, but feel Perez did more damage in the last two rounds. Usman most connects were weak jabs to the body and many of the headshots he attempted just connected to the shoulders. While Perez didn't seem that fazed from the few overhands that connected his jabs seemed to bother Usman a couple of times.

Hope they give one fight to Perez and the dude gets on whatever the Usman brothers are on.

Shit decision IMO

Judges awarded Usman for perhaps appearing more energized/active. When I heard SD I knew they would pull this crap

Meh it was a close fight. Perez's body was visibly beat to hell and Usman looked pretty clean. All the rounds were very close so definitely could have went either way

What was Perez thinking. He threw his right hand so infrequently, I thought that maybe it was injured. Even with him more or less only fighting with a jab and kick, I thought he did enough. Wasn't impressed with either guy at all . Usman just wants his parents to love him as much as they love big brother. but he's not near as talented as big bro. he's a small heavyweight, and not as fast as he should be. He actually seems slow and plodding. I'm not sure what his strength is supposed to be. Duck chin and sling blind looking overhands? 205 seems out, he seems solid at his weight. I am looking forward to the men's final, think zac takes it

For a football player usman doesn't seem very agile or explosive. I thought he looked a little better this fight than his previous one. He seemed to hit Perez solidly a few times and it didn't phase Perez. Usman doesn't seem to have good technique so he is not generating power

Episode 12. Final episode.

At 125 it's Kaytlin Neil vs. Juliana Miller. 'Katniss' Neil is 30 and trains out of Utah. Her style is Muay Thai, her height is 5'9 with a reach of 69". Her pro record is 5-4. She has fought in Bellator and Combate Global. 'Ju Ju' Miller is 25, 5'6, trains out of San Diego and has a 67" reach. Her 2-1 MMA pro record belies her grappling experience. She has fought in many tournaments and last year defeated Tara La Rosa in a grappling contest.

Round 1. Miller comes straight at Neil crashing the clinch and body locks. She gets a nice takedown and plenty of control time. Miller.

Round 2. Neil's corner tells her to avoid the clinch. She starts the round keeping better distance, showing striking prowess until half way through the round when Miller ups the pace. Miller clinches Neil against the fence, trips her down and gets top mount. Neil tries to explode out but in the process Miller traps her arm. Miller cranks the arm until Neil is forced to tap. Ju Ju wins by submission.

It will be Brogan Walker vs. Ju Ju Miller and Zac Pauga vs. Mohammed Usman in the finals.

Pena and Nunes will rematch July 30 at UFC 277. The following Saturday August 6 will feature the TUF Finals at UFC on ESPN 40: Santos vs. Hill.

Just finished the episode, Juliana is a dog. Respect to her. Technique isn't the greatest but she goes after it. Kaytlin didn't want it enough, getting backed up non stop, clearly not the aggressor. She looked like she didn't want to be in there at all especially when Juliana was on top of her, just looked clueless and not mentally in it.

Looking forward to the finale! Also definitely favor Zac Pauga to defeat Muhammad Usman.

Kaitlyn looks amazing, but she is not a good fighter. I dont know much about Ju Jitsu, but saw that sub coming a mile away. JuJu vs Brogan should be good.
Miller was a low pick, perhaps because she's done mainly grappling tournaments. Her aggressive style has helped her immensely. Brogan has wrestling & grappling experience and is well-rounded. She's gotta prepare for Ju Ju coming in like gangbusters to try and overwhelm her.

I think Pauga wins easily and drops to 205lbs and Perez TKOs Heiderman to get a contract. Heiderman potentially gets signed perhaps at 205lbs.

Heiderman seems a good athlete but not exactly a fighter, Perez the exact opposite.

Both have some work to do. Granted, that’s usually the basis of the people they bring in to TUF.

Juju I think is very aggressive, her ground game is solid and getting better and better, and she seems to have a bulldog mentality so it seems in the cage. That will carryover very nicely long-term. I think she could be a future name to watch and she develops. I still think Walker is the now and wins the finale. However, I think it’s gonna be more of a fight than I originally thought.

The assessment of Neil is pretty accurate. She’s one of the most naturally attractive women in MMA, and may be one of the most naturally attractive that ever stepped foot inside a cage but I can’t help but think her career is destined for “journeyman” level. Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if this is the peak of what she accomplishes (being on TUF and maybe fighting on Bellator/PFL undercards). I felt that way even in the first fight in the house I saw Kaitlyn in. Had Peralta shown anything in the second or third round, she would’ve won that fight I would’ve been facing Juju in the semi’s.

Men’s finals, sticking to my guns. Zac smokes Usman. There’s nothing Usman has on him. He’s not going to out wrestle him, he’s not going to outstrike him, and he’s not more athletic by a long shot. Pauga has every advantage possible. Only way I possibly see Usman winning is the unforeseen or it goes to the judges and they absolutely shaft Zac.

Last edited:
"But it's embarassing losing to JuJu" while crying LOL. Yeah you're not going to get far as a fighter if that's your mindset while fighting JuJu, glad JuJu beat the shit out of her and tapped her. How do you underestimate someone after seeing their last fight? I guess that's why she has a 5-5 record now.

Back