Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition - anyone playing?

Bumping this thread because I just ordered it off of Amazon for $20.18.

Recently I saw Act Man put this on his Top 20 Favorite Games.

Never tried a top-down RPG before so I hope I don't give up on it after a few hours.

Bumping this thread because I just ordered it off of Amazon for $20.18.

Recently I saw Act Man put this on his Top 20 Favorite Games.

Never tried a top-down RPG before so I hope I don't give up on it after a few hours.
It is incredible.
If you like a challenge, and the ability to take on that challenge in a myriad of ways, then you might like it. Just take your time. If it is your first one, do not be afraid to start over. You just might mess up creating your first character(s). Though that’s the fun too.

I did a good chunk of the first game, really enjoyed it, but felt the combat would have been more fun Co-Op, but then tried to play Co-op and too much reading for Co-op... So I stopped, considering getting the 2nd one but kind of thinking I might just wait for Balders Gate 3 now which I imagine is amazing.

I did a good chunk of the first game, really enjoyed it, but felt the combat would have been more fun Co-Op, but then tried to play Co-op and too much reading for Co-op... So I stopped, considering getting the 2nd one but kind of thinking I might just wait for Balders Gate 3 now which I imagine is amazing.

What's different about co-op?

What's different about co-op?
Nothing much but it works really well, screen splits when characters are far away, and the combat/battles are really fun to create strategies with someone else.. Kind of get a real RPG feel from doing it with someone else... But the amount of text can be a challenge to get through I thought.

Nothing much but it works really well, screen splits when characters are far away, and the combat/battles are really fun to create strategies with someone else.. Kind of get a real RPG feel from doing it with someone else... But the amount of text can be a challenge to get through I thought.

Is there more text than single player?

Well then you’ve been missing out. Some of the greatest RPGs of all time were isometric perspective: Baldur’s Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment etc.

Its never been a genre of games that appealed to me. Reminds me of the missions in Starcraft 2 when you're only controlling a few units and moving through the level and just trying to survive.

Those always were the lamest.

Weird seeing a 3 year old thread with this much traffic the only has 3 banned posters in it.

I still haven’t gotten back to this game which is a shame because it is really good. I made the mistake of playing it before it was fully released. Got to the end of chapter 1 and ran into a game breaking bug some people were experiencing at the time. Never got back to it since it was fixed. I swore I wouldn’t play a game in early access again but then I broke that promise and played BG3 in early access. Can’t wait for that game to come out.

I can attest that BG3 is fantastic. It might be another year or so before it comes out.
Its never been a genre of games that appealed to me. Reminds me of the missions in Starcraft 2 when you're only controlling a few units and moving through the level and just trying to survive.

Those always were the lamest.

Starcrafts gameplay isnt designed around have a few characters to control. It’s not the same kind of feel at all to those missions

Weird seeing a 3 year old thread with this much traffic the only has 3 banned posters in it.

I still haven’t gotten back to this game which is a shame because it is really good. I made the mistake of playing it before it was fully released. Got to the end of chapter 1 and ran into a game breaking bug some people were experiencing at the time. Never got back to it since it was fixed. I swore I wouldn’t play a game in early access again but then I broke that promise and played BG3 in early access. Can’t wait for that game to come out.
I keep almost playing BG3, but have succeeded in holding off up to this point. Glad great that you like it so far. I've been an inch away from installing it like a dozen times now.

Last edited:
I keep almost playing BG3, but have succeeded in holding off so far. Glad see that you like it so far. I've been an inch away from installing it like a dozen times now.
Yeah that is really the best idea, to wait. But I honestly think it might end up being the best game of its type to date when it comes out. It's really really good already. Only the first chapter can be played right now

Back