DIY Swing Thing

Fahcough

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's finally dropped, the "how to" no one asked for.
Challenge: Make a Kabuki ShouldeRok for under $50. Accepted....Failed

TL : DR
Presenting the
@MatterOverMind Manriki & @Poon Goon Piston
0dsRbWh.jpg

All parts can be found at SupplyHouse.com with cheap ass shipping ($5)
The Piston parts list
1" End Cap $4
1"x 48" galvanized nipple $22
1-1/2" x 1" reducing coupling $6
1-1/2" x 2-1/2" nipple $6
1-1/2" floor flange $10
athletic tape for knurling $3
Spray paint (optional) $6

Build your swing thing. You can go to local hardware store and have them cut the extra length then re-thread for end cap. The reducer parts will add 6 inches to end.
tNhQeYh.jpg

Or do it yourself. Cuz have too many tools
rNKpqQM.jpg

DOG!
oyZiWOU.jpg

Tape the excess thread to save hands and from chewing through your plates. Plus the extra few wrap keeps your plate from moving at all.
vSyUuSK.jpg

$150 still in pocket
mbgITAp.jpg

Weight nor flange budging.
XmskLMR.jpg

So the next one was more of a joke bc MatterOverMind caught my fuck up building this thing with 2" pipes (knowing the weight plates wouldn't fit it) I built it anyways and wrapped the head in chains. Because 10lbs of chicken feathers was hard to glue. BTW 4.5 ft of 3/8 chain is 5lbs.
SZDA74I.jpg

Last edited:
Two swing things, wagon wheels, dog, goddamn you got all the bases covered. Have you tried using them yet? Mine came in last night. I flopped the thing around before my workout today and I will say that it did get my shoulders warmed up better than the facepulls I normally do. Need a video of double swinging action

I am super confused but I am glad you aren't overpaying for Kabuki.

I am super confused but I am glad you aren't overpaying for Kabuki.
It became a joke challenge. Kabuki has that Shoulder swingy stick for their jacked up prices. Looked at it and came up with a poor mans version for 1/4 price.

1ecfb463472ec9115b10c292ef8bc986_5d0a74d91602d-600x450.jpeg

Two swing things, wagon wheels, dog, goddamn you got all the bases covered. Have you tried using them yet? Mine came in last night. I flopped the thing around before my workout today and I will say that it did get my shoulders warmed up better than the facepulls I normally do. Need a video of double swinging action

Used it just now. it does feel good pulling your arms back further and getting them rotating with weight. Don't even know the weight of these things, just slapped a 2.5 on it and went to town. The chain one is noticeably harder to get going .

Used it just now. it does feel good pulling your arms back further and getting them rotating with weight. Don't even know the weight of these things, just slapped a 2.5 on it and went to town. The chain one is noticeably harder to get going .
I think it might take me a little bit to get in a groove with this thing. I just dicked around with it for a few minutes over the last two days and it is a little more challenging than I thought. I feel like it will likely become my go to for warm ups on pressing days. I'll just tell myself that using it at least twice per week justifies what I spent for it. It won't have the cool factor that your orange rack matching version does though.

Not hating on your R&D or anything but you could have bought some axle shafts from the salvage yard for $20.

This was more of just having fun in hardware store. Before @Poon Goon mentioned he was going to buy one, had never seen it before. Wasn't even sure what they did.
Actually I blame you for all of this. There was some mace discussion going on, but I didn't really look into it until you posted the McAlister video.

Thought this was gonna be one of those sex swings, but this is still cool tho. Also, the dog is awesome, but he has a massive tongue.

Thought this was gonna be one of those sex swings, but this is still cool tho. Also, the dog is awesome, but he has a massive tongue.
It does have a 1 inch rounded bottom for soft tissue massaging .

Back