DNA tests are "troubling" for Turks. They are not from East Asia.

They tried to eraze Kurdish identity; Kurds were called "Mountain Turks" by the Turkish state, and since the founding of the Turkish state the Kurdish language was defacto criminalized. They eased up on it in the late 2009s I think and allowed Kurdish to be taught but more recently Erdogan has been repressing Kurdish language institutes. Giving children Kurdish names was banned for a long time.
Well they’re still trying hard to “Turkify” the kurdish population

If you want an even more interesting genetic study look into Azerbaijan , it will also shine a bigger light into turkification and panturkism

Well they’re still trying hard to “Turkify” the kurdish population

If you want an even more interesting genetic study look into Azerbaijan , it will also shine a bigger light into turkification and panturkism

Turks don't want Kurds to get their own State, and this stubborness might bite Turkey in the ass since Kurdish fertility rate is much higher than Turkish fertility rate. Kurdish TFR has dropped over the years quite dramatically but it is still quite a bit higher than Turkish TFR.

When Malaysia and Singapore was one there was riots between Han Chinese and Malays, Malaysia booted Singapore so that it would have to deal with a majority Han region.

Turks don't want Kurds to get their own State, and this stubborness might bite Turkey in the ass since Kurdish fertility rate is much higher than Turkish fertility rate. Kurdish TFR has dropped over the years quite dramatically but it is still quite a bit higher than Turkish TFR.

When Malaysia and Singapore was one there was riots between Han Chinese and Malays, Malaysia booted Singapore so that it would have to deal with a majority Han region.

correct

and its sort of eery how history is repeating itself

in 1915 they were worried about the Armenians living in anatolia would join the armenians in the russian empire and attack which they likely would due to hundreds of years of oppression and unbelievably cruel and terrible treatment

they deported the Armenians at the boarder and marched them through the desert to create a "Buffer" between the armenians in the ottoman empire and the russian empire

its 2020 and erdogan is doing the exact same thing with the kurds in syria and the ones who ironically enough are living in the same anatolia where the armenian population was expelled from

Some countries honestly would benefit from willingly letting a region either have more autonomy or letting them leave, because oppression and forcing an area into something they despise never goes well. You either go full genocidal, you displace them or it implodes. China can get away with this for example. But Spain with Catalonia, and Turkey with Kurdistan region are poor examples and of course Turkey handles Kurds way worse and with more contempt then Spaniards and the idea of catalonian independence. However, I understand nobody wants to let land go. However, some far right Russian nationalist want to let the Muslim areas of chechnya and dagestan leave as they are all contiguous and connected and then just wall them off from proper Russia. It is a minority opinion globally to give up land but if your country is large enough and the area isnt large I suppose it can gain traction. Navalny who is popular with youth and nationalist in Russia and Putin dislikes had proposed letting them go.

correct

and its sort of eery how history is repeating itself

in 1915 they were worried about the Armenians living in anatolia would join the armenians in the russian empire and attack which they likely would due to hundreds of years of oppression and unbelievably cruel and terrible treatment

they deported the Armenians at the boarder and marched them through the desert to create a "Buffer" between the armenians in the ottoman empire and the russian empire

its 2020 and erdogan is doing the exact same thing with the kurds in syria and the ones who ironically enough are living in the same anatolia where the armenian population was expelled from
Turks basically have Stockholm Syndrome. Same with Egyptians suppressing Copts and North Africans suppressing Berber linguistic rights

Some countries honestly would benefit from willingly letting a region either have more autonomy or letting them leave, because oppression and forcing an area into something they despise never goes well. You either go full genocidal, you displace them or it implodes. China can get away with this for example. But Spain with Catalonia, and Turkey with Kurdistan region are poor examples and of course Turkey handles Kurds way worse and with more contempt then Spaniards and the idea of catalonian independence. However, I understand nobody wants to let land go.

lets take it a step back here lol - if they're giving away land lets not forgot the vast majority of that region belongs to armenians - "anatolia" before it was rebranded has ALWAYS been the armenian highlands and is the original and culture homeland of the armenian people

I visited musadagh and van in 2017 and the kurds were still living in the old semi destroyed Armenian houses

but good luck with that, they don't want to give us back mount ararat which is literally meaningless land for them and is of the ancient culture landmarks for the armenian people

Some countries honestly would benefit from willingly letting a region either have more autonomy or letting them leave, because oppression and forcing an area into something they despise never goes well. You either go full genocidal, you displace them or it implodes. China can get away with this for example. But Spain with Catalonia, and Turkey with Kurdistan region are poor examples and of course Turkey handles Kurds way worse and with more contempt then Spaniards and the idea of catalonian independence. However, I understand nobody wants to let land go. However, some far right Russian nationalist want to let the Muslim areas of chechnya and dagestan leave as they are all contiguous and connected and then just wall them off from proper Russia. It is a minority opinion globally to give up land but if your country is large enough and the area isnt large I suppose it can gain traction. Navalny who is popular with youth and nationalist in Russia and Putin dislikes had proposed letting them go.
I think for the sake of stability ethnic borders should be political borders.

As someone from a country which has had the same problem as you’re reffering to , I think my country previous owner would’ve made themselves a lot of favors if they just let it go already instead of living in their own fantasy world.

lets take it a stop back here lol - if they're giving away land lets not forgot the vast majority of that region belongs to armenians - "anatolia" before it was rebranded has ALWAYS been the armenian highlands and is the original and culture homeland of the armenian people

I visited musadagh and van in 2017 and the kurds were still living in the old semi destroyed Armenian houses

but good luck with that, they don't want to give us back mount ararat which is literally meaningless land for them and is of the ancient culture landmarks for the armenian people

They already lost a lot of land after the Ottaman empire collapsed. I am just saying giving a tiny strip to the Kurds or greater autonomy would of been a less explosive way to deal with them. Also a tiny strip to armenia could of slightly helped along with not denying the genocide. However, Armenians are a small power.

Kurds are 20% of Turkey´s population, heavily armed, and are a force to be recokned with. Armenia is a dying or stale nation and is reliant on Russia for security and military matters. So unless Russia wills it, Armenia is stuck with its current land and what it managed to take from Azerbaijan in the war in the 90s.

I think for the sake of stability ethnic borders should be political borders.

As someone from a country which has had the same problem as you’re reffering to , I think my country previous owner would’ve made themselves a lot of favors if they just let it go already instead of living in their own fantasy world.

which country? There are times where I think dissolution was for the worse. Such case is the USSR collapse even after the referendum in which almost everyone wanted to stay. And Yugoslavia breaking apart, they were stronger as a group and the differences they fight over in the baltics are very small. The only logical difference I guess is muslim vs non muslim but even that isnt much as bosnia is half muslim at best.

They already lost a lot of land after the Ottaman empire collapsed. I am just saying giving a tiny strip to the Kurds or greater autonomy would of been a less explosive way to deal with them. Also a tiny strip to armenia could of slightly helped along with not denying the genocide. However, Armenians are a small power.

Kurds are 20% of Turkey´s population, heavily armed, and are a force to be recokned with. Armenia is a dying or stale nation and is reliant on Russia for security and military matters. So unless Russia wills it, Armenia is stuck with its current land and what it managed to take from Azerbaijan in the war in the 90s.

Creating a Kurdish state in any form is going to create a huge vacuum in the area and obviously the Kurds in Syria and Iraq would try to unite it into one Kurdistan - erdogan knows this and it’s why he’s fighting full force to maintain that “buffer” between the Syrian and turkish Kurds

Armenia isn’t getting any land back from turkey - nor do we expect it at this point - we have our hands full with maintaining karabakh from Azeris

Creating a Kurdish state in any form is going to create a huge vacuum in the area and obviously the Kurds in Syria and Iraq would try to unite it into one Kurdistan - erdogan knows this and it’s why he’s fighting full force to maintain that “buffer” between the Syrian and turkish Kurds

Armenia isn’t getting any land back from turkey - nor do we expect it at this point - we have our hands full with maintaining karabakh from Azeris

politically speaking and in terms of internal security having a contiguous population no longer in your borders, walled off, and officially their own country makes it easier to govern the rest of your country.

politically speaking and in terms of internal security having a contiguous population no longer in your borders, walled off, and officially their own country makes it easier to govern the rest of your country.

The Kurds want a huge portion of turkey - unless turkey wants to give it to them It won’t make for peace

No point really arguing anyway because it’s not gonna happen anyway

which country? There are times where I think dissolution was for the worse. Such case is the USSR collapse even after the referendum in which almost everyone wanted to stay. And Yugoslavia breaking apart, they were stronger as a group and the differences they fight over in the baltics are very small. The only logical difference I guess is muslim vs non muslim but even that isnt much as bosnia is half muslim at best.
I’m from Kosova.

Majority of the Albanian pooulation declares as “Muslim” here but there are many Catholics as well and a large number of population isn’t religious. So religion really wasn’t an issue especially in our side during conflicts. The war between Albanians and Serbs was ethnic-related due to the majority of population wanting independence (Union with Albania in fact) and not religious as fanatic serbs try to portray it.

As of Yugoslavia , Yugoslavia was on its way to dissolving since Tito’s death. It really was just a matter of time.

Turks basically have Stockholm Syndrome. Same with Egyptians suppressing Copts and North Africans suppressing Berber linguistic rights

perfect example. I wonder if Conor´s comment on Caucasus muslims speaking Russian holds true. Though they adopted Islam willingly like Egyptians and many north africans did. They liked it as a religion and took it on. The Egyptians I have met at least swear that they choose Islam their ancestors. The Arab subracial inputs last I recall were highest in Algeria or Libya I cant remember. I am too lazy to look it up, but I recall Egyptians being largely unaffected meaning they took Islam and there was no need for as much conquest. Where as one of the states in the Maghreb put up resistance and lost so hence they had rapes and higher amounts of Arab blood infused into them. I think it was the area that became Algeria to my memory while what became Tunisia rolled over and accepted Islam and what became Morocco did as well. It could also be that other immigration changed Tunisia, via colonial times and other migrations relative to the other Maghreb states.

i am shocked that turks thought they were central asians, surely it must only be a small minority thought they were proper turks.

perfect example. I wonder if Conor´s comment on Caucasus muslims speaking Russian holds true. Though they adopted Islam willingly like Egyptians and many north africans did. They liked it as a religion and took it on. The Egyptians I have met at least swear that they choose Islam their ancestors. The Arab subracial inputs last I recall were highest in Algeria or Libya I cant remember. I am too lazy to look it up, but I recall Egyptians being largely unaffected meaning they took Islam and there was no need for as much conquest. Where as one of the states in the Maghreb put up resistance and lost so hence they had rapes and higher amounts of Arab blood infused into them. I think it was the area that became Algeria to my memory while what became Tunisia rolled over and accepted Islam and what became Morocco did as well. It could also be that other immigration changed Tunisia, via colonial times and other migrations relative to the other Maghreb states.
Real Arabs, i.e. Gulf Arabs, don't even view Egyptians and North Africans as equal.

i am shocked that turks thought they were central asians, surely it must only be a small minority thought they were proper turks.

Ive met quite a few turks before and none of them thought they were central asians. The ones I met all seemed to realize they were descendants of Anatollians but that they speak a language from western china that asians spoke.

Next your gonna tell me Hungarians are really just stomach pains
The only thing that makes a Hungarian Hungarian is the language and geography. Not genetics or any other hodgepodge culturally Euro tradition.

Imagine Turkish arrogance thinking they're immune to the same mixing that has been happening globally for years beyond counting.

Back