Do neck extentions build traps?

mr.sandman

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Recently, I've been hanging out with a girl who pointed out that she loves how my trap muscles stand out. Surprisingly, I haven't paid much attention to my traps, as I don't specifically train them. But I must be doing something right because they're noticeable (they werent before). Now I'm curious which exercises are responsible. I started deadlifts a few weeks ago, but I haven't done them for years due to injury, so it can't be the deadlifts.

Could it be neck extentions / neck curls? Since i think i feel that they might hit the traps abit too when i do them.

Other suspects are pullups, rows, lateral raises, reverse peck deck. I dont know maybe something else.

Extensions Yes.
Flexion (curls) No.

Kudos for doing neck exercises, not enough people do. Many, many other things use the traps too with different portions being stimulated. People seem to only generally acknowledge the top portion.

Extensions Yes.
Flexion (curls) No.

Kudos for doing neck exercises, not enough people do. Many, many other things use the traps too with different portions being stimulated. People seem to only generally acknowledge the top portion.
Thanks. I do neck extension, neck curls, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls religiosly. I have all the neccesary tools for it at home and i do 3 sets each, twice a week. Doesnt take too much time honestly. Sometimes when im really busy i do it once per week maybe but i never miss them. Strong forearms and strong neck are the foundations of strength and masculinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back