Do people really like Alice in Chains?

Big L

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I really really dislike them. I was into the general grunge movement but I never understood why people like anything Layne did. Seemed like a bunch of depressing ramblings of a heroine addict. I don't get it.

They have a unique style. Many people with vastly different tastes in music can listen to Alice in Chains and like them.

Great band. Loved everything Staley did.

It certainly isn't feel-good music, but I think they are near the top of groups that came out of there in the late 80s. The music and themes resonate with me.

I think they're great.

Their album Dirt is a masterpiece.

Great band. Loved everything Staley did.

It certainly isn't feel-good music, but I think they are near the top of groups that came out of there in the late 80s. The music and themes resonate with me.

I think they have some very uplifting stuff. But their self titled album is really depressing. Great album though, pretty underrated I suppose.

Amazing band. I'm a product of the 90s and really like grunge to this day. They really set themselves apart with their range.

Depressing music is the best. Only poor people like happy music. Howard Stern said it best.

Well shit. I guess I really am the only person on here that doesn't like Alice in Chains.

Love em. Never got to see them in concert unfortunately. That unplugged album was my favorite of that series.

I hope you weren't a Nirvana fan. If you were you sound silly as shit.

There is no other band out there that perfectly captures the feeling of what it is like to be a heroin addict. Alice In Chains in my opinion is one of the best bands to come out of the 90's and one of the best bands period. I fucking hate that Layne Staley couldn't kick his heroin habit because ultimately it led to his death. I wonder what Alice Chains would sound like today if Layne was still alive

I really really dislike them. I was into the general grunge movement but I never understood why people like anything Layne did. Seemed like a bunch of depressing ramblings of a heroine addict. I don't get it.
One of my all time favorite bands. Love the music Alice in Chains has put out (with and without Layne).

I hope you weren't a Nirvana fan. If you were you sound silly as shit.
I liked Bleach and Incesticide. I guess I liked some of the songs on Nevermind.

Are you saying I'd sound silly because of the heroine ramblings?

I liked Bleach and Incesticide. I guess I liked some of the songs on Nevermind.

Are you saying I'd sound silly because of the heroine ramblings?
Of course I am, bud.

What a great band they were/are, finally saw them two years ago and I've liked them since Dirt. I suppose they have a grunge sound but they are much more, definitely got a metallic edge in there and the vocal harmonies sound very different and distinctive. But yeah, not really happy happy joy joy music if that's what you're looking for.

Never delved much into grunge but I dig Alice in Chains. "Heaven Beside You" and "Over Now" are classics.

I wasn't really a fan of grunge, but Alice in Chains had a few songs that i liked that i thought were really good, especially 'Rooster.'

Back