Do some people see getting rnc'ed when you're not hurt a bit like giving up?

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not asking if it's in a positon where you were mounted and getting gnp'ed almost getting TKO'ed, but if you're trapped and your opponent has your back but you're not hurt. Normally fighters tend to make mistakes after getting punched in the face in that position.

But my question is, can your opponent really TKO you from that position/angle?

If not, and even though it really hurts, if you always protect your neck and concentrate on fighting off at least 1 arm while getting punched in the face you cant get finished.It hurts sure, but you won't get finished and if it's not the last round you'll still have a chance to win.

So, do some of you see getting rnc'ed almost as if the fighter iwas quitting?

Last edited:
You might want to consider the possibility that you're an idiot. Look into it.

Depends on how much energy the fighter has to work out of it rather then immediately give up like Caner McTapper

If you know by protecting your neck in that position you wont get finished but instead you chose to protect your face.Can it be seen as quitting?

TS has never played a sport.

At least he has good punctuation.

People should have to train for a year before they can make threads. Make it happen mods.

TS has never played a sport.

At least he has good punctuation.
I have.Many years.But not mma. Some tough guys chose to protect their neck in thay situation and hold on while gettinh punched in the face and others get finished even though they weren't " hurt" bc they look like they wanted out of there...

Khabib vs mcgregor perfect example.conor didnt even tried to defend a crank.he was already a broken man at that point.and yeah he did gave up in that mommentm

Ref would stop it if you just covered up your neck while taking punches.

I see anyone losing any fight in any way as giving up.

fetchimage

You can get caught by superior BJJ. But some people definitely do give up their necks. Usually people giving up are hurt though, so judge them if you want but it’s not far off from just losing straight up

if they've given up their back and they dont fight the hands ....it looks a lot like just giving up

There are quite a few ways to finish a RNC. If the fighter can’t shake them off their back and doesn’t protect their neck, it’s inevitable. Anybody can be choked and it’s not quitting.

Giving up your neck without defense out of frustration is quitting though.

If Marcelo Garcia had the back of 99% of MMA fighters he would be able to choke them without throwing any strikes. It doesn’t mean they just gave up, it means they were bested by someone with superior technique. Take a bjj class sometime, you can protect your neck like your life depends on it but if the guy is better than you there are countless ways he can get the choke.

Back