Do Steroids increase Testosterone permanently?

No, a steroid cycle lowers your natural testosterone production and getting permanent benefits has not been proven. Nothing is 'permanent'. You can keep strength and muscle gains you've made for a long time with a proper pct. Part of the whole purpose of a pct is to restart your natural test production which is suppressed after a cycle.

Hey, look, more shit you’ve spewed without any research!

The physiological effects of AAS extend beyond testosterone levels.

so doing a cycle 1 or a few times will make my t levels higher for years to come? idk anything about peds but i am curious about this

so doing a cycle 1 or a few times will make my t levels higher for years to come? idk anything about peds but i am curious about this
Steroids give you hypogonadism and shrink your balls meaning you produce less T. The whole purpose of pct is to restart your balls after a steroid cycle because exogenous steroids suppress your endogenous production. Bringing back your natural test production is what allows you to 'keep' your gains.

Some say that some of the improved nuscle building effects of steroids are permanent and that the muscles will build more easily after that.

Notice that Jim didn't attack anything directly in my statement and instead just complained that it wasn't thorough enough. Obviously, the dude has juiced before and gets insecure like most steroid users when you bring up the widely known and RESEARCHED side effects.

There are risks and costs to everything which is why I'm natural but if someone wants to juice, more power to them. All the roiders and trt guys flip out though when you bring up the sides.

Watch starting around 9:00 for about 5 minutes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4398624/

Notice that Jim didn't attack anything directly in my statement and instead just complained that it wasn't thorough enough. Obviously, the dude has juiced before and gets insecure like most steroid users when you bring up the widely known and RESEARCHED side effects.

There are risks and costs to everything which is why I'm natural but if someone wants to juice, more power to them. All the roiders and trt guys flip out though when you bring up the sides.
1) If that’s what you got from my post, your reading comprehension needs work. I never argued anything about side effects.

2) If you use AAS without doing appropriate research, that’s on you. Anyone who has used AAS having done proper research has probably never complained about side effects. They shouldn’t, anyway, because they should have known and understood what to expect.

1) If that’s what you got from my post, your reading comprehension needs work. I never argued anything about side effects.

2) If you use AAS without doing appropriate research, that’s on you. Anyone who has used AAS having done proper research has probably never complained about side effects. They shouldn’t, anyway, because they should have known and understood what to expect.
You haven't said anything other than 'you didn't research enough, go research more'

My statements are backed by research. If you want to be specific about the physiological effects beyond T levels that you don't feel were coved well enough, go ahead. The snide vaguery is the typical knee jerk passive aggressive attitude you get from every guy who's ever juiced whenever you say something negative about it.

Steroids give you hypogonadism and shrink your balls meaning you produce less T. The whole purpose of pct is to restart your balls after a steroid cycle because exogenous steroids suppress your endogenous production. Bringing back your natural test production is what allows you to 'keep' your gains.

Some say that some of the improved nuscle building effects of steroids are permanent and that the muscles will build more easily after that.

Watch starting around 9:00 for about 5 minutes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4398624/

id not care to gain muscle id want to be stronger more explosive and cardio to keep up a stronger pace guessing roids wont be as good for that coming off it huh as is aid i know nothing about steroids

id not care to gain muscle id want to be stronger more explosive and cardio to keep up a stronger pace guessing roids wont be as good for that coming off it huh as is aid i know nothing about steroids
There's a thought that having a lot of muscle mass can negatively impact your cardio because you have to supply oxygen to more tissue and your lungs can only take in so much air. That's why vo2 max is a big deal in some cardio sports where power to weight is a big factor in performance. At least, that's how I understand it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I also read that some steroids can worsen your cardio. I think tren is one of them. They cause you to easily get short of breath.

There's a thought that having a lot of muscle mass can negatively impact your cardio because you have to supply oxygen to more tissue and your lungs can only take in so much air. That's why vo2 max is a big deal in some cardio sports where power to weight is a big factor in performance. At least, that's how I understand it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I also read that some steroids can worsen your cardio. I think tren is one of them. They cause you to easily get short of breath.
its not that that bothers me its the added muscle might makeit hard to make weight i walk around at around 195-200 when in decent shape and with added muscle will be tough making that cut im sure

its not that that bothers me its the added muscle might makeit hard to make weight i walk around at around 195-200 when in decent shape and with added muscle will be tough making that cut im sure
Watch starting @8:30

Last edited:
I have seen some female bodybuilders getting back to shape easily by working out again. Not near their best potential, but big and strong enough that makes it impossible for a natural woman to achieve that

You can search Becca Swanson and Renne Toney. They took steroids 15+ years ago and are still nearly big and muscular.

They probably did many cycles of anavar, which you will retain most of the gains from.

Steroids that will improve fighting and athletic performance will be different types and doses than a bodybuilder or your average meayhead in any gym. Being strong isn't a good tradeoff if you cant breath and your bloodpressure makes you feel like you cant catch your breath after one round.

I see someone posted about halotestin. That would be more for a short duration. Before a fight. Not like season or off season training assistance.

Do Steroids increase Testosterone permanently?

We have seen athletes being caught before and they passed the tests after. Are the side effects of steroids long term or permanent?

First question - No, it's basically the opposite as has been fairly well described already. I say fairly well because a forum like this limits communication of such complex subjects.

Second question - Needs to be described more clearly if you want a better answer but Yes. Both the positive and negative effects can include a range between some that linger and but may not even be noticeable all the way to more severe (neg) sides that are permanent.

Yes, It's been scientifically proven as well. NO You get permanent benefits from it but if you take crazy high dosages for years then you'll permanently shut down your natural production NOT NECESSARILY

And WTF is going on here, may I remind you that this is Sherdog - you have the gall to make a shambles of a long standing tradition by posting actual correct information about PED's? LOL

Good stuff @Robocok @Davem10 @vcmmafan you seem to know what's up

Last edited:
What is it that enables them to perform at a higher level after the juice? Is it more testosterone or physique that is built up overs the years due to steroids?

The increase in muscle fiber nuclei remains even after you stop using. Will that outweigh potential hormone issues from using? It depends. People who cycle properly might still produce testosterone normally after or shortly after stopping. The purpose of cycling is to retain your ability to produce your own hormones.

Those nuclei allow former users to grow muscle faster than their natural counterparts.

So it’s easy to extrapolate that if you managed to cycle correctly you will likely still have an edge after. If your entire endocrine system is wrecked after stopping it probably outweigh the increased nuclei negatively.

Last edited:
No, a steroid cycle lowers your natural testosterone production and getting permanent benefits has not been proven. Nothing is 'permanent'. You can keep strength and muscle gains you've made for a long time with a proper pct. Part of the whole purpose of a pct is to restart your natural test production which is suppressed after a cycle.

Studies of Russian athletes of the 70's showed they kept more muscle than clean athletes decades later after use ended.

Also re OP, users of steroids attempt and usually achieve returning their natural T production to normal after use. Most succeed. Having more muscle causes you to produce more T. So yes, increasing your muscle mass through steroids will permanently increase your testosterone production IF you succeed in avoiding permanent damage to your endocrine system.

It's not easy to think your way through these things, people ITT are spouting off about stuff they obviously haven't read much about. It's worth knowing the extent of your own ignorance at least.

Last edited:
Yes, some like to do the stethoscope around the neck for even more cred.

Anytime you see a doctor with a stethoscope around their neck, you should know that they recently stole or borrowed it from a nurse.

Back