Social Do you have your friends back

You haven't answered the question yet. What do one's political leanings have to do with whether they'd have their friend's backs when situations go sideways?

I'm a pretty progressive democrat so I imagine you'd call me a "lib" & I've always had my friend's backs. One of the most memorable examples being when I had to step in & bail a friend out of getting his ass kicked by a bouncer at a local bar. The bouncer didn't take well to my interfering so he decided to kick my ass instead. But when he tried I dropped him & knocked a couple of his teeth out. Which brought the other two bouncers & a couple of their friends into the fray.

Long story short, it was me against this group of guys & I did some damage before I was overwhelmed by their numbers & took a beatdown. Then once they had me subdued they called the cops & that's when I found out that the bouncers were off-duty Niagara County sheriff's deputies. Including the one whose teeth I'd knocked out. So, I wound up spending the night in jail & then I had to deal with assault & other charges. Luckily, my boxing manager was an attorney & the most serious charges were dropped in a plea deal that required me to pay for the bouncer's dental surgery & a host of fines as well.

So, if that's not having my friend's back I don't know what is.
God damn lib :mad:
If you were a republican you would have ignored your friends plight and chose to post anonymously on a message board about white victimhood

libs on a MMA board. I'm worried about yall. You ever have your friends back in a altercation?
What do you think liberal means for Christ's sake? And why would you imagine someone to the left of you politically wouldn't stand up and fight?

I've fought for a few of my friends. I've learned most people won't do the same. Still got a couple close friends I would fight for but less willing

I have a FWB who likes doggy style so damn right, I have her back... quite regularly.

You think it is? I like some posts of his. He seems more grounded in reality than @Drain Bamage.

I don't know what libs has to do with not having your friend's back, honestly. Libs were tearing up the streets and neighborhoods in response to what they perceived as an injustice not too long ago. Killing cops and shit. Doesn't seem to be a philosophy that excludes violence to me. I could be mistaken though.

Yeah... but only when in a mob and massively outnumbering others. One on one, they are giant pussies. See: antifa.

Collectivists going to collectivist.

Dude shut the fuck up you whiny bitch. Waaahhh I am the queen of getting nudes in sherdog.

Oh, lol. My brain translated that to "the queen of getting nude on sherdog" I was wondering what I missed.

...am disappoint.

Whenever my closest friends have gotten in to fights, I was never there at the location to stick up for them, but there have been close calls.

I guess I'm good at stopping stuff from escalating, LOL.

What do you think liberal means for Christ's sake? And why would you imagine someone to the left of you politically wouldn't stand up and fight?
Because they don't. They view the world through the worst lens possible. Me me me. Gimme money. Give them money. They have never fought for themselves. That's why. Mic drop.

When the going gets tough, the libs go golfing or to Cancun.. . . . . .
Because they don't. They view the world through the worst lens possible. Me me me. Gimme money. Give them money. They have never fought for themselves. That's why. Mic drop.
You need to get out more.

You haven't answered the question yet. What do one's political leanings have to do with whether they'd have their friend's backs when situations go sideways?

I'm a pretty progressive democrat so I imagine you'd call me a "lib" & I've always had my friend's backs. One of the most memorable examples being when I had to step in & bail a friend out of getting his ass kicked by a bouncer at a local bar. The bouncer didn't take well to my interfering so he decided to kick my ass instead. But when he tried I dropped him & knocked a couple of his teeth out. Which brought the other two bouncers & a couple of their friends into the fray.

Long story short, it was me against this group of guys & I did some damage before I was overwhelmed by their numbers & took a beatdown. Then once they had me subdued they called the cops & that's when I found out that the bouncers were off-duty Niagara County sheriff's deputies. Including the one whose teeth I'd knocked out. So, I wound up spending the night in jail & then I had to deal with assault & other charges. Luckily, my boxing manager was an attorney & the most serious charges were dropped in a plea deal that required me to pay for the bouncer's dental surgery & a host of fines as well.

So, if that's not having my friend's back I don't know what is.
It doesn't I added it in cuz Trump lost and I'm bitter at my neighbors for voting that way. Its childish i know.

I dont blame the politicians. I blame my neighbors

Well from someone who has always voted left wing and has intimate knowledge of the type that typically do... they are generally a bunch of gutless collectivist pussies that only stand up to others when they have at least a 5 to 1 numbers advantage... at a guess?

Well from someone who has always voted left wing and has intimate knowledge of the type that typically do... they are generally a bunch of gutless collectivist pussies that only stand up to others when they have at least a 5 to 1 numbers advantage... at a guess?
This thread was not meant to be political. I shouldn't have said the lib part. But generally when I think about people who fight and those who can't....it comes down to two camps. Libs and cons. Libs get rocked every time.

You're right, the cloistered and comfortable generally don't fight. Remove the superficial, remove the veneer and people are people.

Back