Movies Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?

Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the experience in movie theatres, especially IMAX is incredible. But I don't like sitting with a bunch of strangers all cramped up. Also I have a hard time watching a film in one sitting. So watching in the comfort of my home is the way to go for me.

(But if you have a built in home theatre that's awesome)

How about you?

young-family-watching-movie-home.jpeg

77148494.jpg

90% of the last twenty movies I've been to had people talking and making noise. Shouting things at the screen for attention. I used to love going by audiences are too annoying now.

Yeah the noise factor would be annoying.

Idk, depend on the movie.

Top un Maverick was awesome in IMAX.

But I remember going to a few Marvel movies,
and it was just the worst,
lots of kids and loud fkcng nerds who wouldn't shut the fuck up.

The nerds were worst than the kids btw

Home.

The only thing much better at the movies is the sound but that is offset by people eating and talking.

My local cinema has seating like this

dolby-seating.jpg

So the cramping isn't an issue.

Also has a Home Bargains across the road so I don't have to pay cinema food prices.

Home Bargains bless.

I love going to the movies, it's one of my favorite joys in life, nothing like that giant screen and them booming ass speakers to transport you into the magical adventures of Hollywood
I usually go during the day when it's empty but I don't mind a full theater as long as I got my beloved corner seat in the last row on top
People always get uptight and complain about noise and movement and cell phones but that shit don't bother me, I think you people need to go get a massage and learn how to relax a little bit

I know the experience in movie theatres, especially IMAX is incredible. But I don't like sitting with a bunch of strangers all cramped up. Also I have a hard time watching a film in one sitting. So watching in the comfort of my home is the way to go for me.

(But if you have a built in home theatre that's awesome)

How about you?

young-family-watching-movie-home.jpeg

77148494.jpg
depends if I want fun or want to properly engage with the movie. At home, I can engage properly going to the movies is more of its own experience tbh.

Depends what type of film. I don't watch horror at home. I don't mind really mind noise unless they are having a full blown phone conversation. Some people talk during the movies but I laugh at it. I can see others fuming around me though.

I like big budget big special effects movies in the theater, and prefer the rest at home.

I use to go to movie theater every weekend in my high school and university days. But ever since I have my own place, and bought a good home theater setup. (80inch TV, high end speakers, recliner sofa) I started collecting blurays instead. I only go to theater for landmark movies like Infinity War. For me, the comfort of watching it at home outweighs being able to watch it earlier.

I still like seeing movies in the theatre.

All the local places have assigned seating now and are pretty comfy.

Sad to say, part of it is to prevent me from looking at my stupid phone during the movie, something that I struggle to do at home.

I use to go to movie theater every weekend in my high school and university days. But ever since I have my own place, and bought a good home theater setup. (80inch TV, high end speakers, recliner sofa) I started collecting blurays instead. I only go to theater for landmark movies like Infinity War. For me, the comfort of watching it at home outweighs being able to watch it earlier.

That's sweet, mind if we see a picture of your badass setup?

Completely dependent on the movie. Going to a high budget action movie in IMAX is how they’re meant to be seen. Going to a packed theater for a horror movie and seeing people jump and scream is awesome.

Watching some indie drama can be experienced just fine at home.

Back