Movies Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?

Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home?

• Total voters
Completely dependent on the movie. Going to a high budget action movie in IMAX is how they’re meant to be seen. Going to a packed theater for a horror movie and seeing people jump and scream is awesome.

Watching some indie drama can be experienced just fine at home.
samsies.

In general I prefer watching at home but last month I took my kid to the local AMC dine-in theater and that was probably the best of both worlds. Weekend matinee so it wasn't that crowded and you get an airline first class seat that reclines all the way. Super comfy and plenty of room. The kid next to us started crying and his mom eventually took him outside to eat something else, but overall 8/10 and would do again for sure.

HBZEEHCZ7JFWVHJLWUKIZBEMAI.jpg

I love going to the movies, preferably by myself tbh. I don't like going when it's packed. I go when it's empty and get annoyed when people sit next to me. Saw Pearl, Barbarian, and Smile.

Some movies are just made for the big screen, gotta mix it up.

Going to the movies on a Tuesday lunchtime, when there's 3 other people there, is ideal.

Yea, same here. I tend to go with my son , we both like similar films. Go in middle of week to early showings and it's deserted. Black Panther 2 should be on the list...

The fact that I am going with one of my kids though is a big deal , they're 21 and 18 now and spreading their wings...

I never go to the theater when it's crowded.

I go to the movies mostly on Monday mornings because people don't know how to act right

This. When I was younger I loved going to the movies. Now I hate it because of people being too loud or obnoxious let alone that one dude who always needs to be on his phone with full brightness.

And also I can pause it and take a shit at home if need be.

The last time I went to the movies I took my kids to see sonic 2. Both the movie and the experience was awful

I know the experience in movie theatres, especially IMAX is incredible. But I don't like sitting with a bunch of strangers all cramped up. Also I have a hard time watching a film in one sitting. So watching in the comfort of my home is the way to go for me.

(But if you have a built in home theatre that's awesome)

How about you?

young-family-watching-movie-home.jpeg

77148494.jpg
I only have a nice TV like in the first picture. I used to be a big time movie theater guy but that was with my dad before he passed away. Nowadays I have a 4K system and just wait for the disc to be reasonably priced to upgrade. I have hundreds of discs going back to the silent era and including series like GOT so there's always something interesting for me to watch. When my daughter is a little older I'll probably go back to watching the new releases at the theater.

90% of the last twenty movies I've been to had people talking and making noise. Shouting things at the screen for attention. I used to love going by audiences are too annoying now.
That's part of the charm if it's related to what's happening on the screen. I hate it when people just talk about random nonsense or use their cellphone. The cheering and jeering though are what give it some atmosphere.

Going to the movies on a Tuesday lunchtime, when there's 3 other people there, is ideal.
I watched The Fellowship of the Ring with one or two other people on it's debut showing. It was the midnight show after work and for some reason the audio and video were out of sync. I could care less but about 10 minutes in almost the entire audience left for a refund. 5 minutes later the projectionist fixed the problem and the three of us had probably the best premiere that night in an almost empty theater.

I love going to the movies, it's one of my favorite joys in life, nothing like that giant screen and them booming ass speakers to transport you into the magical adventures of Hollywood
I usually go during the day when it's empty but I don't mind a full theater as long as I got my beloved corner seat in the last row on top
People always get uptight and complain about noise and movement and cell phones but that shit don't bother me, I think you people need to go get a massage and learn how to relax a little bit
Bright cellphones are the worst especially sitting in the back rows.

Watch at home for sure. I have a good TV and good speakers. You can pause the movie, eat and drink what you want, no annoying jerks, etc.

To people complaining about loud people and bright phones, you can’t ask someone to quiet down or put away their phone?

Reacting to the movie is one thing but if someone is full on talking throughout, they deserve a polite stfu.

In general I prefer watching at home but last month I took my kid to the local AMC dine-in theater and that was probably the best of both worlds. Weekend matinee so it wasn't that crowded and you get an airline first class seat that reclines all the way. Super comfy and plenty of room. The kid next to us started crying and his mom eventually took him outside to eat something else, but overall 8/10 and would do again for sure.

HBZEEHCZ7JFWVHJLWUKIZBEMAI.jpg

I went to a theater like that twice. Thought I had it made. Both times someone ate a vegetable platter next to me. Who thought that would be a good movie food? Loudest shit ever.

At home 100% With modern TV's and surround sound systems the theater does not offer much of an improvement. Being comfortable in your own home vs dealing with shitty people in public makes movie theaters obsolete in my opinion.

I went to a theater like that twice. Thought I had it made. Both times someone ate a vegetable platter next to me. Who thought that would be a good movie food? Loudest shit ever.

Lol that would suck. I think the one I went to only had fast food like burgers, french fries, pizza which was pretty quiet.

Back