Do you like this kind of guitar playing?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Obviously he can shred but personally I find it kind of i dont know its like hes playing what he thinks he knows girls are going to like like put some balls in your playing dude jesus

It sounds like someone took music from an SNES game and adapted it for guitar, making it a little jazzy.

Some of these kids, man...it's unbelievable how good they are, technically speaking. Today's kids got all the resources, lessons and tips available on the net, by the time they're 20, they already are virtuosos. Back in the day, I spent months trying to figure out palm muting properly, let alone anything remotely advanced. I'm not into this kind of stuff, but he can play a million times better than me, that's for sure.

A real example of a legit guitarist playing what girls want is John Mayer. This guy's style isn't my thing, but he does find a nice balance of technique and actually making a catchy sound.

as a guitar player, playing the guitar like a bass funk/percussive style is pretty cool imo- thomas leeb/comfortably numb is another great one- but yeah, I love polyphia- and the way they take the technique and maxx the beat out to the fullest is really cool- they seem to prioritize the groove

Tim Henson is undeniably great, but I'm not really a huge Polyphia fan. I prefer Covet for my guitar-centric mathrock fix tbh

It is impressive. But, it isn't for me. I love other instrumental music; this kind doesn't interest me. I feel as if his songs often sound the same, which prevents me from being interested in listening to more of it.

Not my thing, there's no feeling in the music. Yes it takes a lot of skill to play, but to me it doesn't go anywhere and leaves me cold.

Give me something like this instead.

Last edited:
Not really but you can't deny Tim's skill. Dude is a hell of a player.

Obviously he can shred but personally I find it kind of i dont know its like hes playing what he thinks he knows girls are going to like like put some balls in your playing dude jesus

Does he look like he has balls?

Needless to say hes a good player, just not my cup of tea.

He's that guy from that prog rock band

Saw him shred with Herman Li

Self indulgent musical masturbation.

Back