Do YOU listern to modern music?

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
As in music of today? I've heard of a few artists, but never heard any of their songs. I do not listen to modern music and I'm not familiar with them. I've heard of the song Despacito, but have never heard the actual song.

I don't listen to music made after the early 90s.

I have to because of my kids. But give me old school anything over the cabbage of today.

As in music of today? I've heard of a few artists, but never heard any of their songs. I do not listen to modern music and I'm not familiar with them. I've heard of the song Despacito, but have never heard the actual song.

What’s with the video? Is that supposed to be a tough guy?

A lot of the rap that comes out is pretty solid. I listen to contemporary rap and rnb but not much rock.

I don't listen to much modern pop music but I do listen to good modern music that isn't pop

eg

Yoooo Polyphia is the shit.
That video with all the old ladies drinkin 40s cracks me up

Reactions: Cid
There's plenty of good music still being released, you just have to look for it. Honestly, the 2010s were an amazing decade for hip hop if you're willing to dig past the more mainstream stuff. Danny Brown, JPEGMAFIA, and Death Grips all released some absolute classics. Hell, even sticking with mainstream, you still have guys like Tyler and Kendrick, but the 2010s were a fucking golden era for experimental/alternative hip hop.

A song here and there. I don't think a worthy band has been formed since like 2003ish and that was Audioslave. And that's really just 2 established bands that merged.

Yoooo Polyphia is the shit.
That video with all the old ladies drinkin 40s cracks me up

Youtube algorithm did me well there. Only discovered them this year. Going back though you can really see how much of a difference the new drummer makes. Last album should be changed from new levels new devils to new drummer new levels.

No, I'm 37 and I mainly listen to Leonard Cohen, Depeche Mode (newer songs, with some old), Nick Cave. Lots of old stuff. Today I listened to Bob Seager and the Beatles.

For younger artists, I like Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, and a couple others.

Lately I listen to Weyes Blood a lot. I wish she was more popular.

Back