Do YOU listern to modern music?

Whatever is popular on TikTok I listen to and EDM from the late 90s and 2000s.

I dont like old music generally

Boomers > Gen Z
tbh Zoomers basically dress like Boomers (plus the tattoos and dumb hair)

iu

And yeah I know he's technically a Millennial but point still stands lol

very occasionally i hear something on the radio that i enjoy

I'll always be about 20 or 30 years behind. The oldies are up to the 90s now.

There's plenty of good music still being released, you just have to look for it. Honestly, the 2010s were an amazing decade for hip hop if you're willing to dig past the more mainstream stuff. Danny Brown, JPEGMAFIA, and Death Grips all released some absolute classics. Hell, even sticking with mainstream, you still have guys like Tyler and Kendrick, but the 2010s were a fucking golden era for experimental/alternative hip hop.
Danny Brown is trash, so i'm gonna assume I wouldn't like those other rappers either

Not really, but the odd time I find a good tune that catches my ear. But it's few and far between. That's for sure.

I follow the bands I follow but usually only get turned onto newer stuff through movies, commercials or something that gets slid in the rotation on a pandora or amazon station

I have to because of my kids. But give me old school anything over the cabbage of today.

<PlusJuan>
If it wasn't for my kids, nieces and nephews. I wouldn't even known the term modern music.

I listen to Dua Lipa.
I have both her CD’s in my ride now.
Don’t judge me.

Normally I would pick 80’s or 90’s music with some 70’s sprinkled in.

no, i don't listen to very much modern music at all. while maybe sad to say and admit, i think the fact that money is no longer to be made in music is a huge factor as to why there is not very much good modern music. talented people are using their talents elsewhere, and not into music.

You have to find it...

And here I am thinking the Internet was supposed to make good music easier to find. Seems like the only thing it’s done is make it easier to find great older music (which is almost always better too). I’ve discovered much more great music in every genre over the last twenty years from decades past than great new music.

e.g. Polyphia - thanks CID, is a new one for me. Pretty good. Shouldn’t be this hard to find good new stuff

No, I find modern music to be awful, I guess I'm getting old. I prefer classical music. I enjoy listening to soundtracks from TV shows and movies.

Back