Do you lose more calories walking on the road or walking on water?

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I want to lose weight and prefer walking on water than on the road. There is a nice river where I live and I like going there. So which would I lose more weight? Thanks

Are you Jesus, that you can walk on water?

If you mean in water, that depends on a number of factors: how deep, and how long do you plan on walking for?

IMO, you're better off just going for a longer walk on dry land.

Are you Jesus, that you can walk on water?

If you mean in water, that depends on a number of factors: how deep, and how long do you plan on walking for?

IMO, you're better off just going for a longer walk on dry land.

Its neck deep, not that deep. The stream is also not strong at all mostly. I would like to walk for about 15 minutes?

You could lose lots of weight if you get some kind of infection while walking in contaminated water.

Its neck deep, not that deep. The stream is also not strong at all mostly. I would like to walk for about 15 minutes?

So by walking on water, you mean walking in water? You would probably be better off walking on land, or swimming in that water. Swimming burns about the same amount of calories as running but is the easier option for your joints, and it's whole body exercise. If it's neck deep, that's plenty deep to swim upstream for X minutes then back down to your starting point. Walking if you can swim instead seems like an odd choice.

Just be reminded that weight loss is 80% diet. Running for about an hour is barely the equivalent of a single meal or candy bar. You're better off hitting the diet really hard and easing into exercise a few times a week.

So by walking on water, you mean walking in water? You would probably be better off walking on land, or swimming in that water. Swimming burns about the same amount of calories as running but is the easier option for your joints, and it's whole body exercise. If it's neck deep, that's plenty deep to swim upstream for X minutes then back down to your starting point. Walking if you can swim instead seems like an odd choice.

Just be reminded that weight loss is 80% diet. Running for about an hour is barely the equivalent of a single meal or candy bar. You're better off hitting the diet really hard and easing into exercise a few times a week.

Its only about 15 feet how water I get to swim though before the water gets too low for me to swim in. I am also a very bad swimmer. I can only do about 3 laps of that 15 feet at the moment. Thanks for the reply.

Don't listen to the people giving you shit about Jesus, I know what you meant. Running on water is a great way to burn calories and with minimal impact on the joints

tumblr_o37w2hSvmc1qckzoqo1_500.gif

Its only about 15 feet how water I get to swim though before the water gets too low for me to swim in. I am also a very bad swimmer. I can only do about 3 laps of that 15 feet at the moment. Thanks for the reply.
So why not keep practicing and turn those 3 laps into 30 and then 300 and so on. Or sprint through it. Or do BJ Penn jumps out of the water.

You're not getting much done slowly walking through it unless you were sedentary and bedridden previously.

Aqua exercise is useful but doing it in rivers is asking for trouble without enough potential gain.

Most of the time when people ask if something is a good idea, they have already decided they want to do it and are just looking for reassurance though.

So if you enjoy walking in a neck deep River, go ahead brother. Go right ahead.

If the water is shallow and you can walk in it then i would say you will have to put more effort in walking than you normally would on a normal surface then i would say yes you would lose more calories walking in the water/

Back