Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
I played bass very briefly in my youth.

I liked to bill myself as the only bassist less skilled than Syd Vicious.

Wrote and recorded this in a day, it's a take off from an old Buckethead riff.

I write, record, and mix my own music.

I'd love to share some of it, but it's all under my real name. I really need a "stage name" or whatever. Having it all under my real name makes my weary of sharing it online and so thus it never gets "out there" ...

Is that some kind of kill-switch you are using? I know of Buckethead but not real familiar with his music or techniques

Yeah it's an arcade switch from a game system wired up to turn the sound on and off, pretty cool thing but it's pretty tricky to use, your fretting hand gets a lot stronger though lol it's constant hammer ons and pull offs.

New one up :), really enjoyed recording this, the fast/heavy part was a bitch and my hand is still hurting, speed palm muting was never my strong point, hope y'all enjoy.

Play guitar in an alt.rock band in my local city. We suck but we've played some stages international acts play when touring and we make decent money to fund our recordings if the door sales are good.

here's one of my band's newest songs.

Cool song man. I was expecting it to go into the standard bluesy 4/4 after the intro but i like the big half time groove. Singer is good, everyone seems talented. Like that style of late 90's bass playing.

Just uploaded this, my daughter didn't make it to birth so I guess i grieved the best way I know how.

Moving stuff man. Nice backing guitar. Good sweep technique and the end and cool effect tones.

I'm a musician in the deepest definition.

Broke, addicted to stuff, and I have one guitar.

Sunk way down low.

My chops are probably at a career high right now. Wish I had an electric guitar

Last edited:
Play guitar in an alt.rock band in my local city. We suck but we've played some stages international acts play when touring and we make decent money to fund our recordings if the door sales are good.

Cool song man. I was expecting it to go into the standard bluesy 4/4 after the intro but i like the big half time groove. Singer is good, everyone seems talented. Like that style of late 90's bass playing.

Moving stuff man. Nice backing guitar. Good sweep technique and the end and cool effect tones.

you sound cool man. interesting stuff tbh. you shouldnt short change yourself.

Well, my attempts at reviving my old grindcore band failed but I did resurrect my old rap project from 2012.

Made this psych rock song kinda as a joke, but I feel like it turned out pretty dope.

Did a cover of Dink's song/Fare Thee Well, from Inside Llewyn Davis. The high parts are hard for me :p

Song I wrote awhile back:

you say you're walkin down a lonely road
you say you're by yourself, you just dont know
take advantage of the farthest thing from misery
take advantage of the closest thing that could ever be

heart was an open door. but not anymore.

im going to search for your essence tonight
i'm gonna look for the key to your mind
and then i'm gonna lock myself inside

lets find the answers, and decipher the core
i'll take a walk in tour, i'll love you more
beauty fall from grace, and give me a taste
then just walk away, with all your self ingulence laid

out on the road, with the wind she blows

sometimes i think we talk too much
soon we find we never talked enough
drink away the pain, slowly clog the drain
anticipate the same, and hope tomorrow changes lanes

throw it away. and it'll be all right.

And if I ever lose my head
Then maybe I'm better off instead
outside this plastic little world

@HELMER @HomerThompson used to tag @ripskater but he's gone :(

New song from yesterday day, didn’t play guitar for a month due to a bass project I had to do, was gr at to be playing guitar again

Recently discovered the wonders of fruity loops and VSTi.

Back