Do you play in a band, produce music or are a musician?

Are you a musician?

• Total voters
Started producing music a few months ago after having done some work as a DJ before.

Any supporter is welcome.

And yes, the name I'm using is a cheap rip off lol

Played bass and guitar in a few original metal bands. Now I just play classical guitar at the house.

Been playing and making music all my life - grew up playing the piano (started when I was 3, no joke), and then in the early nineties I started making electronic music at home. Got my music on the radio (that included music made for the radio stations themselves) fairly quickly, and got some other gigs for theater etc, and thought I'd eventually be making a living in music. That never happened, but I kept making music, until one day I was kinda just... done? I don't know. I just seem to have lost my passion for the whole thing.

So now I have a very nice studio back home which I never use. And that bugs me, to be honest. I don't know why it happened either. I haven't lost my passion for anything else - I still train 6 days a week, I travel, read and pretty much have as much passion for most things in life as I've ever had before. I just don't have much of a passion to make music. It's really weird. Music was such a huge thing in my life, and now I seem to do absolutely fine just being a listener. And I don't want to do fine just being a listener. I enjoyed being a slave to music making. And I feel like I've lost a part of myself. Really struggling to find out why.

@Sir Punchalot
Do you think overexposure may have caused you to eventually lose interest? Maybe taking time off will reignite the passion. How long has it been since you lost interest? I've been through something similar a couple of times, but it only lasted a few months.

Played bass is various metal bands. I still jam with friends about once a week.

I play bass, guitar, and (recently because of my 4-year old) ukulele. I can fake a few drum beats and can doodle on piano as well :)

New song up, recently lost one of my best friends and wrote this to help get over it.

Guitar player of 15+ years. Currently trying to make it a source of income

Been playing and making music all my life - grew up playing the piano (started when I was 3, no joke), and then in the early nineties I started making electronic music at home. Got my music on the radio (that included music made for the radio stations themselves) fairly quickly, and got some other gigs for theater etc, and thought I'd eventually be making a living in music. That never happened, but I kept making music, until one day I was kinda just... done? I don't know. I just seem to have lost my passion for the whole thing.

So now I have a very nice studio back home which I never use. And that bugs me, to be honest. I don't know why it happened either. I haven't lost my passion for anything else - I still train 6 days a week, I travel, read and pretty much have as much passion for most things in life as I've ever had before. I just don't have much of a passion to make music. It's really weird. Music was such a huge thing in my life, and now I seem to do absolutely fine just being a listener. And I don't want to do fine just being a listener. I enjoyed being a slave to music
I went through a phase like that. For me, music was just sort of disappointing to me when I reached my 30s. I could never find that magical group of musicians to play with and I wasn't making as much money doing it as I figured I should be with all the years I put into learning. For a while, there just seemed to be no point to it. I knew how to play, I wasn't getting a lot better, I wasn't performing, couldn't find good musicians to play with.... I barely played for a few years. I'd pick up a guitar and play a few chords here and there but that was it. I was doing more DIY projects with pedals and the like as opposed to actual playing.

I ended up getting back into it, not sure why. Maybe I just had to take a long vacation from it.

I did, dunno where it is now or else I'd upload it. Never thought it was anything special. I did a lot of metal and blues. Have my gear upstairs which I rarely touch. I used to love playing but I fell out of love with the non music parts of the music business. Maybe I'll produce some blackgaze/prog stuff soon. Idk

Always wanted to get into music proper, bought a bunch of instruments and a good mic recently... and I still end up doing it only when something work related is rendering or installing in the background and I'm just fucking around with keys anyway.

Found some people to jam with tho, so hopefully something will come out of it and this years long phase of me blueballing myself with short snippets will finally come to an end.

I'm a semi-retired professional musician. I gigged a lot over the last decade. Mostly session work and hired gun work for all kinds of different types of musical endeavors....original music, cover music, tribute music, live, touring, "Vegas", recording, whatever the gig called for, with "famous" people or average joe working musician...... I didn't care as long as it was 1. something that i felt interested in and 2. the money was right. I made a killing and had some damn good times. Nowadays, I just hang back with my family, occasionally upload some youtube videos jamming my basses, and go fishing....not bad at 37 years of age.

www.youtube.com/jangomike
(if you are interested in seeing some video shit I do)

Cheers Sherbros!

Im mostly an engineer but also produce and play guitar bass and keyboard. Been at it for over 10 years.

soundcloud.com/vallobeats

I started singing in the last couple of months, mainly using it as a form of creative therapy.

But generally, i’m a dancer, collector and connoisseur.
There are performers and spectators. The latter category is where i feel most comfortable.

Surprised this thread has been quiet for this long. Forgive the necro, as it were.

Been utilising MuseScore lately to compose things for multiple instruments. Finished this piece up the other day.

I dabble with production software and make little things when I have the time. This one was inspired by Jello Biafra.

Back