do you sleep well?

I dont wake up at night but i talk and swear and have really vivid dreams everynight. I love sleeping because of the dreams but i dont wake up well rested at all even after a solid 8 hours.

I have used melatonin before, but a long time ago. I used to have a lot of problems falling asleep, took many sleep aids, zopiclone was the most powerful and made me fall asleep, but anyways I got off them. And I found a new method and this is the best thing I have come across, and its simple.. reading a book in bed, reading in bed really helps me to fall asleep, he helps me to relax and also calms my mind, it tires my eyes too. Don't use any of the electrical devices, just use a good ole fashioned book.

I love reading, so this was a great cure for me. I now always read a book in bed before I go to sleep.

I remember the doctor telling me that he is very careful to give out zopiclone because its very addictive, and its not natural. All its doing is blocking the signals to your brain to basically knock you out, but thats not natural sleep and also its effects stops working if you keep using them, you become immune to it and it wont work anymore, or you may have to start swallowing lots to get the effect. Bad situation.

I have used melatonin before, but a long time ago. I used to have a lot of problems falling asleep, took many sleep aids, zopiclone was the most powerful and made me fall asleep, but anyways I got off them. And I found a new method and this is the best thing I have come across, and its simple.. reading a book in bed, reading in bed really helps me to fall asleep, he helps me to relax and also calms my mind, it tires my eyes too. Don't use any of the electrical devices, just use a good ole fashioned book.

I love reading, so this was a great cure for me. I now always read a book in bed before I go to sleep.

I remember the doctor telling me that he is very careful to give out zopiclone because its very addictive, and its not natural. All its doing is blocking the signals to your brain to basically knock you out, but thats not natural sleep and also its effects stops working if you keep using them, you become immune to it and it wont work anymore, or you may have to start swallowing lots to get the effect. Bad situation.
i heard melatonin was good and works

Like most people I have trouble sleeping when I'm anxious or stressed about something.

But I learned a relaxation exercise more than 20 years ago in college that I still do when I can't sleep, and it helps. Basically you breath in and out deeply and slowly, and focus on relaxing more as you exhale. With each exhalation, visualize yourself sinking deeper into the bed. As you do this, your muscles are relaxing and it really does feel like you're sinking into the bed. After doing this for a few minutes, you should be much more relaxed. It sounds stupid as hell but it really works.

How much do you usually get? Is it enough? Do you have good or bad sleeping patterns? does your lifestyle effect this? Do you use anything to help you sleep?

Also, what's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep?

I recently went back to college and my sleep was all over the place. I had the summer off and thought I would get back on track but didnt. I also tend to let stupid things keep me up at night, Like last week I was on vacation in Saratoga and I left a Straightening Iron at the B&B.. I emailed the lady and she never got back to me... SO that kept me up for a few days, it shouldn't have but did. What is the best way to get on a normal pattern? How do you relax your mind before bed?

Ive always been a great sleeper, I can fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow but I am also an extremely deep sleeper. I’d easily sleep through a fire without waking up.

I like getting 8-9 hours a day. Anything 10 hours or more I feel way too groggy for the rest of the day. Overkill and unnecessary.

nah, I can't use that shit. got a real nice one, too.
but I could never tolerate it.
these are just interlocking plates that force your jaw forward, preventing closure of the airway.
work like a dream.
somnodent-sleep-apnea-mouth-guard-device-2.jpg

They're not cheap but well worth it IMO

No idea how you manage to actually sleep with that in.

Years ago I had a professional mouth guard made for TMJ disorder. it was like the bottom section of what you posted, no top.

even with just that I couldn't sleep with it. Fucking thing cost over $3000 out of pocket, and it was useless because I literally could not fall asleep with it no matter what. on the extremely rare occasion I did manage to fall asleep, the thing fell out and I rolled over onto it - - breaking it. $3000 gone.

No idea how you manage to actually sleep with that in.

Years ago I had a professional mouth guard made for TMJ disorder. it was like the bottom section of what you posted, no top.

even with just that I couldn't sleep with it. Fucking thing cost over $3000 out of pocket, and it was useless because I literally could not fall asleep with it no matter what. on the extremely rare occasion I did manage to fall asleep, the thing fell out and I rolled over onto it - - breaking it. $3000 gone.
damn, sorry to hear that, pal.
I'm so used to it now, I don't even notice it tbh.
maybe the improved sleep I get convinces my brain to overlook the device, who knows.
but my sleep is 100% improved and the dreams are off the chain.

Sleep fucking sucks.

I always wake up in the middle of the night needing to piss. The thing is, I'll get up, and I won't even need to pee that much, but it's like a habit now so it always happens.

Also, I've found I need a min of 6.5 hours to function at my best, and yet, I always seem to wake up 30 mins earlier than 6.5 and it drives me nuts.

I worked over in Sri Lanka for 3 months about 8 years ago. I don't know what was different, but after the first 2 weeks there I was suddenly sleeping 8 hours right through the night. Only time I've ever gotten the best possible sleep I could get in my entire life. After I moved back to Australia, it was right back to the 6.5 hours and getting up in the night routine.

When I visited Israel for a week last year the same thing happened to me. First night there I was in a crumby little kibbutz room with a single bed right next to the window. Slept like a baby that night and every night I was there, in multiple hotels. Thought my sleep was fixed for good, then came back to the states and struggle to get 7 hours. I make it work, though.

I can sleep for 6-7 hours pretty easily, and I'll wake up once or twice but fall right back to sleep. Sometimes I'll lay in bed for an hour or two beyond that and get at best intermittent rest. Overall not great but not as bad as a lot of people.

I'm used to getting about 6 hours. Not these days tho, more like 2 or 3 hours.

No, and I never have. I have a hard time just falling asleep, and when I finally do, it's just constant madness inside the dream realm. I wake multiple times per night after intense and vivid dreams, most being of an undesirable nature and unpleasant.

The only times I've ever made it through an entire night and escaped them is when I've drank myself into a stupor. Weed used to somewhat suppress my recall, but they'd bleed through often even if I was habitual about my smoking. Now that I don't drink or get high it's back to the same madness I've experienced since as long as I can remember.

Such is life. I'll catch up when I'm dead I suppose.

Jesus, I have the odd night like that and I wake up emotionally drained. I couldn't imagine that being the norm.

Seems like the older I get, the less I want to sleep. I don't power down very quick and end up wanting to goof around as much as I physically can.

8 hour a night crew checking in. In bed most nights before 10pm and up by 6am, sometimes 5am. No alarm unless I have to ensure I am up a certain time.

No matter the challenges or stresses in my life, I have always been able to sleep. Shut my mind down and just doze off. I realize now how much of a gift that is when I see how many people struggle to sleep and how much it impacts everything else in their life. Lack of sleep is like a multiplier for problems and impacts findings solutions.
My brother is like you

Give me magnesium and melatonin, ear plugs and a super quiet house and I sleep great.
I normally get around 6 hours of sleep a night. I know better but choose to make poor sleep
hygiene choices over and over. Look at phone late, not enough hours of rest, food right before bed etc.

Ive always been a great sleeper, I can fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow but I am also an extremely deep sleeper. I’d easily sleep through a fire without waking up.

I like getting 8-9 hours a day. Anything 10 hours or more I feel way too groggy for the rest of the day. Overkill and unnecessary.

I can usually go to sleep pretty easily but I don't sleep very soundly. The last few years I have to piss about every 2 hours but I can go back to sleep very easily afterwards. All I have to do is lay down. I can't sleep sitting up.

72 hours is the longest I recall going without sleep.

Give me magnesium and melatonin, ear plugs and a super quiet house and I sleep great.
I normally get around 6 hours of sleep a night. I know better but choose to make poor sleep
hygiene choices over and over. Look at phone late, not enough hours of rest, food right before bed etc.
im on my phone or laptop in bed as well... i also need the place to be super quiet ..im a light sleeper and hear everything

Back