Do you still think Jones Jones is more dominant than Silva in his prime?

Jon 'juiced' Bones was pretty scary and dominant.

The new Jon Jones is different and is struggling. I guess it depends how much his juicing has on his prime.

Honestly I quite like Matt Hughes as the greatest. Had some epic fights and rematches. Always willing to take the most dangerous fight. Threat to KO, threat to submit. That said different era and hard to compare.

Even comparing AS v JJ is hard because although they cross over for a long time AS has been past his prime and fighting for the challenge/joy/money. AS knows he isn't the best, but still wants to compete. For a period he was unbeatable and his fights were must see events. Jones fights aren't must see in the same way.

by the way , how can you call a guy GOAT when his best win is agaist Sonnen ?

Jones is clearly not in his prime anymore. Hes getting questionable decision victories over guys who pale in comparison to DC.

Also, Anderson was a late bloomer.

Jon Jones has (atleast) two amazing talents: to fight and to fuck up. I wonder which one will we remember him for.

Anderson is the best ufc fighter.
He finished all of his opponents in the first or second round in spectacular fashion.
Never needed helo from the judges to get a win.
16 fight win streak.
Ruled the LHW too. True two division champ.
Holds all the records.

This is easy. Jones was never finished in his prime by two sub par fighters like Silva was. Silva also got dominated by Sonnnen for almost an entire five round fight, not to mention having stinkers against Maia and Leites. He also got ktfo for showboating. Anderson might of had a more flashy performances, and a great title run winning streak, but Jones Reign was/is way more dominant.

Both are dominant. Prime Silva and prime Jones never lost.

I’ll go with prime Silva because he had way more finishes and most of his finishes were within 2 rounds.

Either way, prime Silva and prime Jones are unbeatable. Respect to both GOATs

We've yet to see a more dominant champ than Silva. Nobody has done it better. Finishing 14 of 16 people during a record setting streak, going up in weight 3 times, and holding the most prestigious records in UFC history goes a long way. It took him clowning around to an outrageous degree to finally lose his belt at 38 years old.

Jones has the best resume in MMA history, has a better overall career, and is likely the only fighter in history who could've beaten Silva in his prime. He's a more well rounded fighter overall, and has dominated his competition too, just not as thoroughly as Silva did.... yet. 2-3 more finishes in title fights and Jones takes over without question.

Jones beat Sonnen more impressively than Silva. That's not even debatable - did you watch Sonnen dominate Silva for 4 rounds?
Really?
Hard to know how to apporach this.
Weight classes, styles, even usada
What can a shorter wrestler with no striking or ko power do to Jones? Of course he had to dominate chael. Now imagine gus or Santos (pure strikers with no ground game) in AS Weight class fighting him. AS would murder both. He burned strikers all his life.

Jones is more efficient than Silva was. Silva is flashier and has the best ko arsenal this sport has seen. Pick who you prefer

Last edited:
Hard to say. Silva had a lot of title fights against people who didn't belong in there, especially early in his career. Jones is fighting the "newer breed" where these guys are young and training multiple disciplines. I will say though there were quite a few fights where I was amazed by Silva and his opponents looked in slow motion. There weren't many like that for me with Jones.

Jon is now out of his prime. Which is probably why he's trying to cash in now. He knows he's fading..

Its normal for athletes to be out of their prime once they're over 30. That's why only 5% of Olympic gold medal winners are over 30, why only 10% of NBA MVP's are to players over 30, why the average age in MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL is 27.

So of course Jones is out of his prime now, its uncommon not to be at his age. Yes, I know Sherdoggers are still going to be in their primes when they're in their 60's, but for everyone else the number is 30.

Jones is past his prime. His opponents have been getting worse, yet he struggles harder. But overall it comes down to control during their runs. Anderson looked more mortal in a lot of fights. While during his best years Gus is really the only one who pushed Jon.

Yes easily because of the competition..

Finished
Vera
Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Dominant UD over Rashad
Finished Vitor..

Jones is past his prime. His opponents have been getting worse, yet he struggles harder. But overall it comes down to control during their runs. Anderson looked more mortal in a lot of fights. While during his best years Gus is really the only one who pushed Jon.

How have the opponents gotten worse exactly?

Nostalgia is something that really blinds people. Reyes could beat anyone at LHW maybe ever.. A lot of these favorites like Shogun and Rampage, pretty small for LHW today.. Reyes is huge and athletic.. Also fast..

Very different but equally dominant imo. Jon's opponents were helpless. Silva's were in a nightmare.

Ruled the LHW too. True two division champ.
Holds all the records.

Uh none of that is correct..

He has a few wins at LHW the best being Forrest who is rather chinny..
Jones has 14 Title fight wins.. Most ever..
Anderson has 11.. He's behind DJ and GSP..

1. Jones' dominant run over Belfort, Shogun, Machida, and Rampage and the guys before then is what made me a fan of him and got me into the sport. It was not just violent, it was scary
  2. Re: Belfort, AS's front kick to the face was cool but it's a finesse KO. Jones surviving a nasty armbar and then finishing Belfort with an americana from crucifix was crazy. Still the last americana we've seen in the UFC

Back