Do you think prime Fedor would be able to compete in the octagon?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I noticed that when he fought in a cage he didn’t really seem like the same fighter. He’s an all time great with some badass moments but my head tells me he would get demolished fighting DC,Stipe, Ngannou or even a “meh” guy like Curtis Blaydes or Derrick Lewis

that doesn’t take away from how good he is btw. I just feel like compared to back then the overall landscape of HW is a tad bit deeper and more difficult to deal with compared to back then.

Prime fedor would be able to compete anywhere.

I don't think the depth has changed much, when you have people like JDS, Werdum, Ngannou, Lewis and Stipe at the top of the food chain. Fedor could have been champion. He also could have lost fights. People get this misconception that Fedor was unbeatable in his prime because he fought top competition rather sparsely after winning the title. But could he beat Brock Lesnar, Lewis, Ngannou or Stipe? Of course. The guy hit very hard, was quite accurate, was incredibly strong and fast for his size, had great submission skills...

No he’s a bum who got starched by an aging Middleweight
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Prime Fedor could crush an M1A2 Abrams with his bare hands.

Prime Fedor would be a Top 10 heavyweight anywhere.

I don't think the depth has changed much, when you have people like JDS, Werdum, Ngannou, Lewis and Stipe at the top of the food chain. Fedor could have been champion. He also could have lost fights. People get this misconception that Fedor was unbeatable in his prime because he fought top competition rather sparsely after winning the title. But could he beat Brock Lesnar, Lewis, Ngannou or Stipe? Of course. The guy hit very hard, was quite accurate, was incredibly strong and fast for his size, had great submission skills...

Brock maybe but where’s the proof he’s a threat to guys like Ngannou or stipe? Even old man JDS and Lewis lmao

He and Cro Cop have a terrible record in the cage for a reason

It makes a big difference

In before "never fought in the UFC LOL".

Just reminding all the whitebelts that PRIDE was the premiere MMA org and had the best fighters at the time.

No he’s a bum who got starched by an aging Middleweight
hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

Yeah, because Dan Henderson is a bum not at all known for his knockout power and hands of granite

tenor.gif

If we're talking about Prime Fedor, I think it's clear that he would have been a force in the current Heavyweight division. He would probably not be 32-0 and would have to fight hard for his wins, but I think he would be able to win. We're talking about the guy that got slammed on his head by Randleman
ActiveDelightfulElephant-size_restricted.gif

Calmly regained his position and finished

fedor+key+lock+randleman.gif

Yeah, this guy would struggle with Blaydes or Lewis, sure

giphy.gif

Yeah, because Dan Henderson is a bum not at all known for his knockout power and hands of granite

tenor.gif

If we're talking about Prime Fedor, I think it's clear that he would have been a force in the current Heavyweight division. He would probably not be 32-0 and would have to fight hard for his wins, but I think he would be able to win. We're talking about the guy that got slammed on his head by Randleman
ActiveDelightfulElephant-size_restricted.gif

Calmly regained his position and finished

fedor+key+lock+randleman.gif

Yeah, this guy would struggle with Blaydes or Lewis, sure

giphy.gif
Lol salty much, go outside nerd

Fedor is the OG GOAT. Beats all and everybody!

Prime Fedor would have been more than competitive anywhere. He was slightly better suited to the ring than the cage, and he wouldn't have won 30 straight fights in the UFC, but he still would have been the best heavyweight on the planet from about 2003-2008.

Brock maybe but where’s the proof he’s a threat to guys like Ngannou or stipe? Even old man JDS and Lewis lmao

Where's the proof those guys would be a threat (ofc they would be but since you want to act retarded) to prime Fedor?

If you put prime Fedor in the actual UFC he would pop for steroids. Simple as that.

Back