Do you think that face/off has aged poorly?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I watched it a couple days ago and felt that the story line and characters were really cheesy. Nick cages character seemed like he was straight out of a cartoon or something with how crazy he was. The guy playing his brother also put on this obvious fake voice that made his character seem too unrealistic. Not a fan of the John Woo action sequences either, it's almost comedic with how over the top and fake everything is.

Definitely, it was riding a very specific bit of cultural momentum when it was release, and viewed outside of It’s original time and place its not a good movie.

I really liked it as a kid, but decades later it’s nowhere near as good as the Rock or Con Air.

I watched it a couple days ago and felt that the story line and characters were really cheesy. Nick cages character seemed like he was straight out of a cartoon or something with how crazy he was. The guy playing his brother also put on this obvious fake voice that made his character seem too unrealistic. Not a fan of the John Woo action sequences either, it's almost comedic with how over the top and fake everything is.
That movie was a guilty pleasure of shit when it came out.
it didn't age poorly. it was never good

What always gets me about that movie is the different body types. Travolta was thicker than Cage.

That movie was a guilty pleasure of shit when it came out.
it didn't age poorly. it was never good
Wasn't it highly reviewed and rated in the 90s? I feel like if someone made this movie today it would be a complete laughing stock

Wasn't it highly reviewed and rated in the 90s? I feel like if someone made this movie today it would be a complete laughing stock
I dunno. i watched it in the 90's and we thought it was ridiculous

Definitely, it was riding a very specific bit of cultural momentum when it was release, and viewed outside of It’s original time and place its not a good movie.

I really liked it as a kid, but decades later it’s nowhere near as good as the Rock or Con Air.
face off>con air>rock

i saw it when i was like 8 or 9 in theaters and remembered it more than shit like lord of the rings which i watched a few years later @Kaybee

i saw it when i was like 8 or 9 in theaters and remembered it more than shit like lord of the rings which i watched a few years later @Kaybee
Well, a lot of shit looked good when I was 8 to age 12. I was almost 20 when Faceoff came out so maybe that's why.

When i was that age, Superman 4 and highlander 2 were cool. both those movies are horrendous shit lol

Back