Do you think that face/off has aged poorly?

I think I'm going to have to watch this again. It came out when I was 17 and I remember watching it a couple of different times back in the day and liking it, but It's probably been 20 years since I've saw it.

I was around middle school age when it started playing on tv (illegal black box, ppv) and I used to love it and watch it all the time.

It aged horribly though. It just doesn't work if you're an adult.

The idea of switching faces/body just to get info from a quick conversation is beyond ludicrious.

Now that I think about it, the plot would be more believable if the cop is infiltrating a dangerous organization or something.

I watched it a couple days ago and felt that the story line and characters were really cheesy. Nick cages character seemed like he was straight out of a cartoon or something with how crazy he was. The guy playing his brother also put on this obvious fake voice that made his character seem too unrealistic. Not a fan of the John Woo action sequences either, it's almost comedic with how over the top and fake everything is.
I still think a great movie. 8/10

giphy.gif

Face off is a straight up classic. Gun fu at its peak. John Woo is a damn genius.

Watched it for first time ever weeks ago. Loved it. Didn't feel aged I had great time

I loved that movie when it first came out. Con air and face off are two movies I could watch every week if they were on tv lol

It was always terrible. It quite terrible enough to be entertaining though.

Just about all 80s/90s action movies aged horribly and seem extremely cheesey in hindsight.

I can easily watch anything pre 2005

SJW woke shit has ruined most modern content for me

I can easily watch anything pre 2005

SJW woke shit has ruined most modern content for me

That’s a sad life you’ve got there if some social beliefs of people who are not who can affect your enjoyment of something as simple as movies.

<Varys01>

Back