Does anybodyelse think that a Prime Tito or Liddell would excel in LHW division today?

I don't think either would hold the belt but they would have success. The current level of grappling skill at LHW is pretty mediocre compared to what it was when Jones, DC, Bader, Cory Anderson, and Phil Davis were all in the division.

I could see Tito grinding out Blachowicz. Chuck could probably handle himself against the wrestlers but be hit or miss against strikers. There weren't really great strikers in the UFC during his run, we saw what happened when he went to Pride.

Chuck Vs Alex Pereira would not have gone well for Chuck lol

how they are currently (they'd get wrecked)

how they WERE back in the day (competed at high level)

or starting out today (they'd be even better, with modern technology & modern coaching)

<HisEye>
Imagine Liddell arrived NOW... stuffing takedowns & starching challenges regularly.

Imagine Ortiz witnessed the Khabib era, and started competing now.

<{titihmm}>

Prime Rampage and Prime Shogun are both better than the best versions of Chuck and Tito imho.

Against the current champ i could see Rampage slamming his way to a 50-45 and Shogun pulling a performance like he did against Diabate

Tito's skillset is always good for LHW. Tito is also not a small guy either. Skill wise he wasn't that bad. He actually got better at striking towards the end of his career but his body was shot by then.

I like Chuck but this division is very striking heavy. It's probably whoever lands first. Everyone hits pretty hard nowadays.

I'm sorry Mr. Joined the forum this month - but Poatan is a two weight division world kickboxing champion, what accolades does Hill possess in striking? Please provide clarification as to why you would need to wait for them to fight? We all know Sweet Dreams is going into a coma. One leg kick and he'll be a deer in headlights. The guy is already facetiming Adesanya for advice. He's already in panic mode.
why are you salty, I am just tryna have a fun discussion here. You also missed the sentence where I praised Poatan. Seems like you have an irrational hatred towards Hill or just a throbbing hard on for Poatan. Eitherway, I think Hill and Anko would show us how deadly that Poatan can be. His ground game is pretty suspect afaik. I dunno if he faced anyone with a strong wrasslin or bjj base yet too.

Prime Chuck's hands would give any curent top 10 LHW problems.

Tito is underrated imo his LHW title run was pretty good and he was very skilled for his Era’s standards.

Back