Does anyone else consider the one fc muay thai champions the best for mma

lol Who he is? he has mental problems

They r punched but fighters of their own style. And i said "most" anyways
Yeah champ "most" is a blanket term that is pretty incorrect as well. Go to Thailand, train at a real gym and tell me if they're "most" what you think.
Cause you're pretty fucking wrong.
A thai who doesn't have to worry about kicks is pretty damn evasive. And when they don't evade they negate the punches force by disrupting with their arms. It's very rare to see a Thai take a clean punch even in boxing match.

You should go to Thailand and help the Thais figure it out. Or go fight in a Thai rules bout and show us how to do it right.
Thais has a lot to learn.. slow first round because of the bets? last round doesnt matter? a fighter fights every week? kids fighting? etc. all that is bull

Thais has a lot to learn.. slow first round because of the bets? last round doesnt matter? a fighter fights every week? kids fighting? etc. all that is bull

Oh man.

You're an idiot. Comeback when you know something about combat sports.

lol This forum is full of idiots

just because of the small gloves in one fc muay thai and walking out in a totally new environment and sport. i think of a muay thai fight with mma gloves ALMOST as a mma fight without the threat of most takedowns and some smaller details.

i know mcgregor or some other ufc athlete might and would beat these one fc muay thai champions but still it seems like a very good way to prepare for mma. I wish we had it in the states.

kickboxers seems to be losing the same effectiveness in mma ufc even kicked tyrone sponge for being koed out of the ufc
If memory serves, John Wayne Parr tried promoting caged Muay Thai with MMA gloves back when he still posted here. I thought it was a great idea.

thailand is one of the only countries (if not the only country) in the world where they have an army of children fighting from age 8 or 9 upwards. all of those kids train 3-6 hours a day for decades on end. you think, in a country where everyone starts so young and where everyone trains so intensively, they wouldn't have covered their bases?

you can have all the boxing in the world but you got to get past the teep first. and a good teep is bloody hard to get past (not to mention the knees/elbows/clinch that often come right after the teep).

I am not sure what is wrong with some of the posters in this thread. If you aren't capable of discussing combat sports like semi-civilized individuals do everyone a favour and log off for the day.

Just some people who seem to have a hate boner for muay thai. Your typical my karate is better than your karate argument.

They would kill Conor did you see what Poirier did with a few leg kicks? And Tyrone Spong broke his leg and went to boxing and got popped for steroids. Last I heard he might come back to kickboxing but he might not be the same.
poirer is not in one fc. for the people who said mcgregor would get crushed in kickboxing forgot about the mayweather fight and all of his mma striking abilities. mma fans have such sort memories.

I am not sure what is wrong with some of the posters in this thread like u said mem. If you aren't capable of discussing combat sports like semi-civilized individuals do everyone a favour and log off for the day.

Just some people who seem to have a hate boner for muay thai. Your typical my karate is better than your karate argument.

hey id rather have a gym where the owner had a boner for muay thai and didnt do dmt and go in the jungles of ayawasha to look for shroomtech like some jiu jitsu people

Last edited:
lol Dont' say something you wouldn't say face to face.. bitch

What he has to do with fighters of today? dont answer idiot

Im right, all of u are bias towards Muay Thai, has a lot to improve
when you sign into the internet in 2021 you can expect insults from people hiding behind screens. kinda sad

None of that has anything to do with the quality of their technique - it seems like your knowledge of muay thai is based on reading sherdog posts and watching some youtube videos about it and not actually watching and studying fighters. They don't really have... anything, to learn about fighting. If you have a problem with scoring system, then thats an issue with the sport, not the fighter. That slow first round ironically is why they are so dominant in kickboxing, because they've usually figured kickboxers out after that first round.

It seems like you've basically come in to make an argument for why MMA fighters would beat Muay Thai fighters... but... no, they won't, not in a striking exchange.

If memory serves, John Wayne Parr tried promoting caged Muay Thai with MMA gloves back when he still posted here. I thought it was a great idea.

Before that there was UK1 which was part of UCMMA which did it with kickboxing

thailand is one of the only countries (if not the only country) in the world where they have an army of children fighting from age 8 or 9 upwards. all of those kids train 3-6 hours a day for decades on end. you think, in a country where everyone starts so young and where everyone trains so intensively, they wouldn't have covered their bases?

you can have all the boxing in the world but you got to get past the teep first. and a good teep is bloody hard to get past (not to mention the knees/elbows/clinch that often come right after the teep).

Their system is messed up really

Lots of brain damaged and injured by the age of 18

Produces good fighters though (those who survive the meatgrinder)

Out of curiousity @AndyMaBobs or any other knowledgable poster when did the influence of western boxing reach Thai fighters? I know Al Silvani the famous cutman went to Thailand for 7 monthes in 1954 to teach boxing there but I'm guessing theres has been much more influence considering how well Thai Golden Age Thai fighters did in pro boxing.

I am not sure what is wrong with some of the posters in this thread. If you aren't capable of discussing combat sports like semi-civilized individuals do everyone a favour and log off for the day.
Actual photo of the F11 since the main do rag reppin mod decided to leave and never come back and our poor beloved @Valhoven is overworked and needs back up.
BoerneTXEnchantedSpringsRanchGunfightHighsmith2014-800.jpg

Out of curiousity @AndyMaBobs or any other knowledgable poster when did the influence of western boxing reach Thai fighters? I know Al Silvani the famous cutman went to Thailand for 7 monthes in 1954 to teach boxing there but I'm guessing theres has been much more influence considering how well Thai Golden Age Thai fighters did in pro boxing.

Sure, so this is a bit of what I know:

It was in 1919 when Sulap College added it as part of their sport curriculum in Muay Thai along with influence from Judo. Muay Thai was formalised by the king a decade before, but this made it mostly the art we know today, although obviously individual approaches to training mean old muay thai does 'look different' in the same way 1940s boxers looked different.

We often hear rubbish about Boran or Saenchai doing Muay Boran and shit like that - but broadly what we see from Muay Boran today is a new martial art that has been adapted from Muay Thai with a modern twist. The styles of Muay Chaiya, Muay Lopburi, Muay Khorat (this is where Lerdrit, the style I made a thread about before has its roots) and a few other small styles were boxing practises named after the regions they came from, but a lot like Muay Laos, Lethwei etc. they all seem to be spins on a similar, ancient tradition that we know nothing about. Which is probably why Lethwei, Kun Khmer etc, all end up looking for the most part the same, with a few changes coming from scoring.

Unfortunately, history from South East Asia, particularly when it comes to martial arts can be quite hard to pin down, because much of S-E-Asia was illiterate, not keeping records, and those records that did exist, were destroyed during the various communist revolutions that happened in the area. Cambodia is a pretty good example of this, Pol Pot and the Khmer Rogue not only burned records, but they also specifically targetted and murdered people with martial arts and combat sports backgrounds - because they feared revolution (I used to think this was silly until I learned more about how the Boxer Revolution was a revolution of essentially kung fu warriors, although it probably wasn't as Crouching Tiger as it sounds)

I think the reason the boxing of Golden Age fighters was better is because (to my best knowledge right now) the scoring of Golden Age Muay Thai didn't heavily favour kicks in the same way. There are still plenty of fighters with great boxing, but its fair to say we don't see as many Lahkin's who had a pretty sneaky boxing 'system' so to speak.

Back