Does anyone else consider the one fc muay thai champions the best for mma

You're not thinking at all - the ways you think it can 'improve' are based off falsehoods. If I say to you 'Man your JKD is good, but it would be so much better if you do this thing' and this is a thing you are actually already very good at - then I'm not bringing anything, I'm just revealing myself as blind.

JKD, IS kung fu.
lol Fanatics
How much money do the champions of that "perfect" art?

JKD is not Kung Fu

lol Fanatics
How much money do the champions of that "perfect" art?

JKD is not Kung Fu

So money makes skill now? Why are you moving the goal posts, why do you feel the need to run away and change the subject every time you're challenged?

He's some jeet kune do weirdo, prior posts are him shit talking other more successful martial arts like karate and muay thai, while defending Bruce Lee on other threads. And sure, Bruce was legit, whatever, he also had the opposite mentality to this guy.

I don't know what it is about kung fu guys, but they re always the least knowledgeable on martial arts, yet always seem to have the most opinions on every other martial art. If they spent more time making their own shit actually functional, rather than trying to 'improve' every other style - maybe they'd get somewhere
I don't know what it is about kung fu guys, but they re always the least knowledgeable on martial arts, yet always seem to have the most opinions on every other martial art. If they spent more time making their own shit actually functional, rather than trying to 'improve' every other style - maybe they'd get somewhere

problem with bruce lee is that "his" be like water quote is an ancient chinese saying yet sherdoggers attribute this awesome quote to him.

it is an awesome quote but bruce lee didnt invent it he just gets credit for it.

problem with bruce lee is that "his" be like water quote is an ancient chinese saying yet sherdoggers attribute this awesome quote to him.

it is an awesome quote but bruce lee didnt invent it he just gets credit for it.

It's ironic that JKD is stuck in the mud and hasn't progressed since the 70s - because they are all to devoted to preserving his ideas, even though its the opposite to his mentality

So money makes skill now? Why are you moving the goal posts, why do you feel the need to run away and change the subject every time you're challenged?
:D:D:D u r funny sometimes

It's ironic that JKD is stuck in the mud and hasn't progressed since the 70s - because they are all to devoted to preserving his ideas, even though its the opposite to his mentality

What would be progress?

Case and point. You run and change the subject instead of answering. You don't get replies from me anymore, you go on the troll list
Oh no! i wouldn't be able to sleep! :(:rolleyes::D
i didnt change nothing.. r u mad because the champions of your perfect Art earn less than a taxi driver over here? :D
I dont care about you.. bye

Last edited:
Oh no! i wouldn't be able to sleep! :(:rolleyes::D
i didnt change nothing.. r u mad because the champions of your perfect Art earn less than a taxi driver over here? :D
I dont care about you.. bye
Ah yes Taxi Drivers in South America are world renowned for their wealth.

Case and point. You run and change the subject instead of answering. You don't get replies from me anymore, you go on the troll list

You know that spring is coming when a lot of strange dudes appear on 'dawg all of a sudden.

The brutal truth is that Bruce avoided any legit opponents in a competitive environment. He has exactly the followers nowadays that he wanted.
He aknowledged wrestling , judo, boxing and (not sure about that) full contact karate but he did fuck all really train and compete because it would have shattered his self image. This was only revolutionary to all the asian scams back then and nerds who did not train at all but it was nothing new at all to real martial artists. Boxers have trained for decades wrestling before . Instead of fortune cookie philosophy and training with his suck ups he would have been 10x the martial artists by actually competing in wrestling or boxing or anything else or creating a competitive environment like John Bluming f.e. did. . But then he would not have been this immortal figure he so much wanted to be but "just" a normal fighter with his strenghts and weaknesses like anyone else.

Bruce was a joke but the delusion is so strong with americans they will never realize this. Its the Hollywood celebrity aspect of american consciousness.

The most important aspect of any art is growing by challenging yourself and your deficits. Bruce never did this in practical terms.

You want real martial artists of that time you look into full contact Karate in Kyukushin, Boxing, Wrestling, Fencing, Catch Wrestling...etc Not the joke Bruce and JKD was and is.

The brutal truth is that Bruce avoided any legit opponents in a competitive environment. He has exactly the followers nowadays that he wanted.
He aknowledged wrestling , judo, boxing and (not sure about that) full contact karate but he did fuck all really train and compete because it would have shattered his self image. This was only revolutionary to all the asian scams back then and nerds who did not train at all but it was nothing new at all to real martial artists. Boxers have trained for decades wrestling before . Instead of fortune cookie philosophy and training with his suck ups he would have been 10x the martial artists by actually competing in wrestling or boxing or anything else or creating a competitive environment like John Bluming f.e. did. . But then he would not have been this immortal figure he so much wanted to be but "just" a normal fighter with his strenghts and weaknesses like anyone else.

Bruce was a joke but the delusion is so strong with americans they will never realize this. Its the Hollywood celebrity aspect of american consciousness.

The most important aspect of any art is growing by challenging yourself and your deficits. Bruce never did this in practical terms.

You want real martial artists of that time you look into full contact Karate in Kyukushin, Boxing, Wrestling, Fencing, Catch Wrestling...etc Not the joke Bruce and JKD was and is.

Regardless of how dumb I think noc is, I strongly disagree with all of that.

Regardless of how dumb I think noc is, I strongly disagree with all of that.

Its very simple. If he wanted to master martial arts back then so that it really worked, he would have trained and competed in effective ma like boxing, wrestling and whatever was available. He didnt and just talked about it. Not one legit fight. He challenged himself with a waiter from a restaurant who also called himself "master". Thats all anyone really has to know. Everything else is his movies and what he wrote.

but ok agree to disagree I guess.

Its very simple. If he wanted to master martial arts back then so that it really worked, he would have trained and competed in effective ma like boxing, wrestling and whatever was available. He didnt and just talked about it. Not one legit fight. He challenged himself with a waiter from a restaurant who also called himself "master". Thats all anyone really has to know. Everything else is his movies and what he wrote.

but ok agree to disagree I guess.

So if we assume for a moment that everything there was correct, I'd still say Bruce was very important. If everything else is his movies and what he wrote, he would still be one of the most important figures in martial arts history, that would still make him a pioneer + a massive influence on a generation of martial artists. I'm not really concerned with how much of a master or pro fighter he was, I care about his impact and influence.

Some posters (not saying you) get really mad at the idea that Bruce Lee wasn't some professional fighter, and through that completely miss the point when it comes to why Bruce was important, and how he was important. Bruce doesn't need to be able to kick my arse in order for me to learn from him + he is the most frequently cited figure I can think of by professional fighters + coaches, Jerome Le Banner, Lucien Carbin, Kenny Floridan, Randy Couture, Andy Ristie etc. I always think it's interesting that sherdoggers seem to be very anti-Bruce Lee, but people who actually make their living involved with combat sports tend to think quite highly of him.

I think of it like this, to the best of our knowledge, most of the history surrounding Cus D'amato is actually stories he fabricated, they were big fish stories told by a sly old man. Even though Cus wasn'ta legendary boxer in of himself - that doesn't make him unimportant for his impact and legacy. I could accept that Bruce himself may not have been a great fighter (though I think it's better to say that it's unclear how good he actually was, Chuck Norris who was a fighter opined that Bruce was better than he was), but he was by no means a joke.

So if we assume for a moment that everything there was correct, I'd still say Bruce was very important. If everything else is his movies and what he wrote, he would still be one of the most important figures in martial arts history, that would still make him a pioneer + a massive influence on a generation of martial artists. I'm not really concerned with how much of a master or pro fighter he was, I care about his impact and influence.

Some posters (not saying you) get really mad at the idea that Bruce Lee wasn't some professional fighter, and through that completely miss the point when it comes to why Bruce was important, and how he was important. Bruce doesn't need to be able to kick my arse in order for me to learn from him + he is the most frequently cited figure I can think of by professional fighters + coaches, Jerome Le Banner, Lucien Carbin, Kenny Floridan, Randy Couture, Andy Ristie etc. I always think it's interesting that sherdoggers seem to be very anti-Bruce Lee, but people who actually make their living involved with combat sports tend to think quite highly of him.

I think of it like this, to the best of our knowledge, most of the history surrounding Cus D'amato is actually stories he fabricated, they were big fish stories told by a sly old man. Even though Cus wasn'ta legendary boxer in of himself - that doesn't make him unimportant for his impact and legacy. I could accept that Bruce himself may not have been a great fighter (though I think it's better to say that it's unclear how good he actually was, Chuck Norris who was a fighter opined that Bruce was better than he was), but he was by no means a joke.
I think Bruce Lee sucked.

<22>

My take on Bruce (had discussions with this with andy before) is that he didnt really do anything revolutionary for martial arts in general, rather his impact was on the social side of it, not the martial side. While the gracies has alot of bullshit and exaggeration in their history, they at least have more claim to adding more to martial arts than Bruce did.

Bruce was an actor who did martial arts but didnt really do anything real in the grand scheme of combat sports. No new techniques created, no real system.

Socially he did amazing, schools to teach TMAs popped up and gained students because of him (aka new streams of revenue, job creation), asian americans/westerneres had a chance to be seen in a better light (on average and on film & media)

Most Bruce Lee talk on sherdog is "Bruce Lee: fraud or super fraud?"
Naw its:
-pitbulls dog of peace
-tipping threads
-who would you bang?

steven seagal is much more classic than bruce. he has a reality tv show where hes a cop and hes 300 pounds and hes a super cop
he even has a cringy southern accent half the time

Back