Does anyone else think crocop would smashed

You’re talking complete bollocks again. Pride fans were the ultimate casuals huh? Don’t lie, you clearly weren’t watching then and have no clue what you’re on about.

Keep on being edgy bro, I have zero interest in carrying on this conversation with a gobshite hater.

PRIDE was 100% easy to follow, mainstream and had many casual mma fans in the mid 2000’s.

This is why many whine today “too many events, too many new fighters, not recognizable names, I struggle to understand it and follow”. PRIDE was casual friendly and had a casual following. You’re the one being edgy thinking because you’re old you did something edgy back then. Was plenty of other orgs back then to follow, that produced loads of good fighters. Stop being old and dense, you’re not the only one that watched PRIDE and it doesn’t make your smarter for it. It just makes you nostalgic for it and mma doesn’t make you as happy now because nothing does the way it did 15-20 years ago grandpa.

PRIDE was 100% easy to follow, mainstream and had many casual mma fans in the mid 2000’s.

This is why many whine today “too many events, too many new fighters, not recognizable names, I struggle to understand it and follow”. PRIDE was casual friendly and had a casual following. You’re the one being edgy thinking because you’re old you did something edgy back then. Was plenty of other orgs back then to follow, that produced loads of good fighters. Stop being old and dense, you’re not the only one that watched PRIDE and it doesn’t make your smarter for it. It just makes you nostalgic for it and mma doesn’t make you as happy now because nothing does the way it did 15-20 years ago grandpa.
Cool story bro. You have no idea what you’re on about and you don’t know me. Zero fucks given over your shitty opinions.

He was 33 years old at the time of his Gonzaga loss. He had 58 fights on his resume at that point between kickboxing and mma. He had beaten multiple UFC HW champions and fought in wars with Wand, Hunt, Fedor, Barnett, Nog and many others. A murderers row that would run through the current HW division. Only people who just started watching mma don’t understand this. Stipe has benefited from a division where guys like Hunt and people who fought decades ago are still able to stay at the top. Stipe’s opponents have an average age of 38, and almost everyone of them had been finished brutally at least once before facing him. Anyone can catch a head kick in the hw division as Cro Cop did. But, don’t try to act like he was at his peak at 33, with all of those miles. Stipe would be lucky to make it past round 2 in a pride Grand Prix.

Yea I'm sure Stipe woulda struggled with Minowa and Yoshida.

Christ you cultists need to move on

Yea I'm sure Stipe woulda struggled with Minowa and Yoshida.

Christ you cultists need to move on

What? Mirko beat both with ease as was expected.
Japanese audience wanted those type of fights so PRIDE made them.
It's not like Mirko went out of his way to fight does dudes.

Mirko was a great fighter in his prime. Nobody is "letting go" of that fact just to accommodate your recency bias.

Lost any credibility by calling Randleman a MW.
Who, by the way, was an upper echelon fighter and fought in HW title match, unlike gatekeeper Struve.

CC & Fedor are overrated, unlike Silvia and Ricco Rodriguez, right?
Noob

Nonsense.

Struve was 8-3 in the UFC with three straight finishes coming into the Stipe fight. It was a main event between 2 prospects.

Randleman had been finished in 2 straight at LHW before KO'ing Mirko and never won a meaningful fight after.

The Randleman loss was much, much uglier.

What? Mirko beat both with ease as was expected.
Japanese audience wanted those type of fights so PRIDE made them.
It's not like Mirko went out of his way to fight does dudes.

Mirko was a great fighter in his prime. Nobody is "letting go" of that fact just to accommodate your recency bias.

The guy I quoted said Stipe would be lucky to get past the second round of a mythical Pride GP.

I (sarcastically) said hed struggle with Minowa and Yoshida----CC's first 2 GP opponents.

Point Being: Stipe coulda made it past the 2nd round in his sleep.

Stipe-Minowa wouldnt get sanctioned in the uS

Only you're comparing guys in well established , decades old sports with enormous talent pools to guys who competed in a fledglng, fringe sport in the early 2000s

Which is stupid

Your theory is that athletes in well established, decades old sports with enormous talent pools are more likely to have bad days than fighters in fledling, fringe sports? Or more than the population in general?

That might be true, but it isn't obvious. In fact, I'd expect the obvious -- high trained athletes good enough to make it in very competitive sports would have a lower frequency of bad days than fringe athletes (ie athletes with a tendency to have bad days would be weeded out by the competitive process). And yet even the best of the best of those athletes have bad days, so it seems entirely likely that fringe sport athletes would have bad days as well.

No snark at all, but why do you think guys competing in a fledgling, fringe sport would be immune to having bad days?

Nonsense.

Struve was 8-3 in the UFC with three straight finishes coming into the Stipe fight. It was a main event between 2 prospects.

Randleman had been finished in 2 straight at LHW before KO'ing Mirko and never won a meaningful fight after.

The Randleman loss was much, much uglier.

Struve was an up-and-comer who never made it.
Randleman on the contrary was un upper echelon fighter who fought for a title.
Those are facts.
You can take out bits of info about both fighters, the circumstances etc and tailor it to fit into your argument, but we all know who the more accomplished fighter of the two was.

Last edited:
Even an older Mirko was better than Stipe when they trained together

Prime Mirko murks him easily

The guy I quoted said Stipe would be lucky to get past the second round of a mythical Pride GP.

I (sarcastically) said hed struggle with Minowa and Yoshida----CC's first 2 GP opponents.

Point Being: Stipe coulda made it past the 2nd round in his sleep.

Stipe-Minowa wouldnt get sanctioned in the uS

Sarcasm not detected, sorry.

Stipe "being lucky to make it past the second......" is utter bs I agree (based on what we know about Stipe, a great fighter).

BUT we will never know for sure how he would have done in a tournament format.
So I get where the dude is coming from. Again, "lucky to get past the second round" is quite a exaggeration.

Struve was an up-and-comer who never made it.
Randleman on the contrary was un upper echelon fighter who fought for a title.
Those are facts.
You can take out bits of info about both fighters, the circumstances etc and tailor it to fit into your argument, but we all know who the more accomplished fighter of the two was.

Again, Randleman had been finished in 2 straight previous and won zero significant fights after. Ended his career one win above .500.

If you wannapretend beating MoSmith for a title makes you some world beater, so be it.

Stipe if both where in there primes? I just don't see how stipe would hold off crocop. He couldn't keep him down and I feel crocop right leg hospital or left leg cemeteries him. What do you all think?
Not a fucking chance lol

Again, Randleman had been finished in 2 straight previous and won zero significant fights after. Ended his career one win above .500.

If you wannapretend beating MoSmith for a title makes you some world beater, so be it.

Paraphrasing the same nit-picked, out of context stats that suite your narrative, dosn't change the fact that Randleman was the more accomplished fighter of the two

Last edited:
Prime Mirko moved like a fucking cat, but for some reason once he entered the UFC after that pride tournament he became flat footed and slow.

Paraphrasing the same nit-picked, out of context stats that suite your narrative, dosn't change the fact that Randleman was the more accomplished fighter of the two

Uggghhhh

BJ Penn is a more accimplished fighter than Dan Hooker.

Which would be the uglier loss today?

Goddamn

Uggghhhh

BJ Penn is a more accimplished fighter than Dan Hooker.

Which would be the uglier loss today?

Goddamn

Apples and pears.
Both Randleman and Struve are retired with one clearly superior achiever.

Let's see what hooker can accomplish (and how he will fair at the end of his career)

Apples and pears.
Both Randleman and Struve are retired with one clearly superior achiever.

Let's see what hooker can accomplish.

Dude the point was which was the uglier loss? Randleman or Struve. Where each was in their career and wgat they did subsequently absolutely matters.

Goddamn

And he wasnt clearly better, sorry. He was a remnant of the style vs style era.

Cro Cop fans are the most divisional fan base on Sherdog. He is a fringe top 10 HW of all time.

Dude the point was which was the uglier loss? Randleman or Struve. Where each was in their career and wgat they did subsequently absolutely matters.

Goddamn

And he wasnt clearly better, sorry. He was a remnant of the style vs style era.

Again putting emphasis on everything but the fact that loosing to a former UFC champ can't possibly be worse than loosing to a gatekeeper.

And yes, Randleman was clearly, without the shadow of a doubt the superior achiever.

dude won the 2006 OWGP and K-1 Worlds
The OWGP was obviously going to favor him though, he's a heavyweight and who were his opponents again?Minowaman, Wandy and Josh Barnett who he had previously beaten. Not quite the best resume for a Grand Prix such as that.

Back