Does anyone else think crocop would smashed

I definitely agree that Strikeforce and early ufc title run Dc would beat Cro cop.

Jds before his wars with Cain? Very likely, yes, he beats Cro cop.

There is zero nostalgia. I’m not a pride fanatic. I simply don’t think STIPE, or the current 2021 hw roster is impressive. I never said he was washed up at 33 when he debuted in the ufc. But if we are picking a peak version of him for the sake of conversation to fight Stipe, I don’t choose that version of him. I choose pre-Fedor Cro Cop. Regardless, I think either version beats Stipe. What Dc or Jds would do to cro cop, in their primes is irrelevant. Neither of those guys in their peak form are currently fighting at hw.
Fair enough. Let me just add this. The heavyweight division historically has been and always will be the worst in terms of skills.

Larger athletes will always have more lucrative options in front of them in terms of professional sports. Mixed martial arts simply doesn’t pay well enough. The suggestion by anyone that the Pride heavy weights were so unbelievably talented and skilled compared to today is simply nostalgic bullshit in my opinion.

Fair enough. Let me just add this. The heavyweight division historically has been and always will be the worst in terms of skills.

Larger athletes will always have more lucrative options in front of them in terms of professional sports. Mixed martial arts simply doesn’t pay well enough. The suggestion by anyone that the Pride heavy weights were so unbelievably talented and skilled compared to today is simply nostalgic bullshit in my opinion.
I absolutely agree. And there is also the fact that there are way more men who weigh 155 to 170 lbs than there are guys who are 230 plus.

I don’t think any one era has more skilled or talented fighters than another. The division is simply at a time frame right now, where a lot of the top talents are at the tail end of their careers. There are close to zero young lions with promising skill sets at the moment. Hopefully, for all of us fans, that changes soon.

I absolutely agree. And there is also the fact that there are way more men who weigh 155 to 170 lbs than there are guys who are 230 plus.

I don’t think any one era has more skilled or talented fighters than another. The division is simply at a time frame right now, where a lot of the top talents are at the tail end of their careers. There are close to zero young lions with promising skill sets at the moment. Hopefully, for all of us fans, that changes soon.
Good thoughts..

Again with the age.

Who cares?

Weird that Nog, CC, and Fedor all went to shit in early 30s Midko was so shopworn after Pride that he continued fighting for 12+ years...and did nothing, even in the abysmal HW division

DC and Francis piss pound anyone whoever fought in Pride
Francis?
{<jordan}

Man, talk about delusional and biased toward one generation of fighters.

The DC that fought in Strikeforce absolutely is one of the best to ever do it. I never said Cro Cop wipes the floor with him. That version of DC no longer exists. I said Stipe and the current HW lineup. You are like one of those Conor fans that assumes someone is a Nate Diaz fan because they don’t believe Conor is the goat.

On that night, not a year later.
He had not shown any signs of decline. That is why everyone was picking him to win the championship easily in the UFC. Honestly I think people had built up Fedor to such a degree they thought that CC possibly being his greatest competition would roll over everyone except for Fedor.

They were wrong.

Dead wrong.

For all we know if Fedor had actually signed with the UFC at that time he would’ve lost to some of the same competition. We will never know.

He had not shown any signs of decline. That is why everyone was picking him to win the championship easily in the UFC. Honestly I think people had built up Fedor to such a degree they thought that CC possibly being his greatest competition would roll over everyone except for Fedor.

They were wrong. Dead wrong.

Dbrieden crying about PRIDE fighters, what else is new. You managed to turn it into subtle crying about Fedor. Get the UFC dick out your mouth and breathe one day, yeah?

I'll paste what I have posted before on the matter:

Cain and JDS were basically done as top guys right after they turned 30.
Brock ran away from the sport in his early 30s with barely any fights.

All 3 with FAR less fight mileage than CC.

UFC HW Champs:
Rizzo (almost champ): Never had a top win after 2005/06. Done by age 33.
Ricco: Done fighting at top level in 2003. Hung on for a few years losing to anyone relevant. Totally done by age ~33.
Mir: Last time he was at all relevant and had top wins was in 2012. 33 years of age.
Randleman: Last top win at age 32.
Arlovski: Left the UFC and got brutally "exposed". Done as a top guy by 2011 at age ~31.
Sylvia: Done as a top guy after 2008, at age 32.
Bork: Last win at age 33.
JDS: Basically done as a top guy by age 31, in 2015. Clearly washed by 2017, at age 33. Hobbled on vs mostly irrelevant guys after.
Cain: Done after 2013, at age 31. Hardly fought after period.

Wow, look @ all these UFC champs who somehow either washed out, started "sucking", or clearly were past it in their early 30s!

Again with the age.

Who cares?

Weird that Nog, CC, and Fedor all went to shit in early 30s Midko was so shopworn after Pride that he continued fighting for 12+ years...and did nothing, even in the abysmal HW division

DC and Francis piss pound anyone whoever fought in Pride

Remember the last time you ran like a weasel from this argument?

I'll re-paste again:

We have been over this, and every time you weasel away like the dope you are.

Cain and JDS were basically done as top guys right after they turned 30 lol.

UFC HW Champs:
Rizzo: Never had a top win after 2005/06. Done by age 33.
Ricco: Done fighting at top level in 2003. Hung on for a few years losing to anyone relevant. Totally done by age ~33.
Mir: Last time he was at all relevant and had top wins was in 2012. 33 years of age.
Arlovski: Left the UFC and got brutally "exposed". Done as a top guy by 2011 at age ~31.
JDS: Basically done as a top guy by age 31, in 2015. Clearly washed by 2017, at age 33. Hobbled on vs mostly irrelevant guys after.

Wow, look @ all these UFC champs who somehow either washed out, started "sucking", or clearly were past it in their early 30s!

Dbrieden crying about PRIDE fighters, what else is new. You managed to turn it into subtle crying about Fedor. Get the UFC dick out your mouth and breathe one day, yeah?

I'll paste what I have posted before on the matter:

Cain and JDS were basically done as top guys right after they turned 30.

UFC HW Champs:
Rizzo (almost champ): Never had a top win after 2005/06. Done by age 33.

You are such a disrespectful little clown that is so easy to trigger. It’s really quite comical. Completely impossible to have any sort of conversation with you. And I have conversations with everybody. But not going to waste my time with you.

You are such a disrespectful little clown that is so easy to trigger. It’s really quite comical. Completely impossible to have any sort of conversation with you. And I have conversations with everybody. But not going to waste my time with you.

I enjoy putting ignorant dopes like you in your place.

Don't run your mouth when your arguments are so laughable they would not pass in a high school debate.

I'll say it again: Get the UFC dick out your mouth boy.

I mean, you once stated, that Nog was highly ranked because he only beat CC.
Seriously, if you don't know anything about a topic, why run your mouth?
Because you desperately need to defend an org? That's pathetic.

I enjoy putting ignorant dopes like you in your place.

Don't run your mouth when your arguments are so laughable they would not pass in a high school debate.

I'll say it again: Get the UFC dick out your mouth boy.

I mean, you once stated, that Nog was highly ranked because he only beat CC.
Seriously, if you don't know anything about a topic, why run your mouth?
Because you desperately need to defend an org? That's pathetic.
You yell at me and anybody that doesn’t bow at the feet of Pride legends or these guys that fought in Japan.

And all you do is piss and moan like a little girl about it. So you can sit up on your little pretend high horse acting all high and mighty if you want.

It doesn’t make any of your arguments any more credible. Just makes you immature.

You yell at me and anybody that doesn’t bow at the feet of Pride legends or these guys that fought in Japan.

And all you do is piss and moan like a little girl about it. So you can sit up on your little pretend high horse acting all high and mighty if you want.

It doesn’t make any of your arguments any more credible. Just makes you immature.

I respect the old guard of UFC fighters too.

That's the difference between an org dick sucker like you, and people who actually watch and enjoy the fighters.

I mean you have been presumably watching MMA since at least 2007, and yet still run the most ignorant shit I have ever seen re. non UFC fighters. It's embarrassing.

I respect the old guard of UFC fighters too.

That's the difference between an org dick sucker like you, and people who actually watch and enjoy the fighters.
I don’t respect the old guard? How exactly is that considering my favorite fighter of all time is the old guard. I am old enough that I watched as a kid UFC 1 on pay-per-view.

And I never one time said that Fedor was not an all-time great in fact I have said many times he is on the mount Rushmore. Problem is you have a hissy fit when anybody doesn’t bow at his feet with the GOAT shit..

I don’t respect the old guard? How exactly is that considering my favorite fighter of all time is the old guard. I am old enough that I watched as a kid UFC 1 on pay-per-view.

And I never one time said that Fedor was not an all-time great in fact I have said many times he is on the mount Rushmore. Problem is you have a hissy fit when anybody doesn’t bow at his feet with the GOAT shit..
This thread isn't about Fedor, which is why I found your logic for CC being "overhyped" in the context of Fedor's win over him to be absurd.

Dude, you have trotted out repeated old arguments about CC not having serious fight mileage, about him losing way too early to be in his prime (both ridiculous arguments), and have before claimed Nog's only top win was CC.
That's my problem. Repeating the same (IMO very weak) arguments about guys CLEARLY only because they were in a non UFC org...for years? Come on.

Also, don't take it personally. It's Sherdog, this place is here to get the testosterone pumping and rage building.

This thread isn't about Fedor, which is why I found your logic for CC being "overhyped" in the context of Fedor's win over him to be absurd.

Dude, you have trotted out repeated old arguments about CC not having serious fight mileage, about him losing way too early to be in his prime (both ridiculous arguments), and have before claimed Nog's only top win was CC.
That's my problem. Repeating the same (IMO very weak) arguments about guys CLEARLY only because they were in a non UFC org...for years? Come on.
And you repeat the same tired old arguments as well that somehow some of these gentlemen magically were out of their prime when they hit the octagon. Nog we are in agreement over he was in a lot of wars and past his prime. And he still did well in the UFC.

CC no. Absolutely no.

He was in his prime and failed in the UFC. That’s a fact.

And you repeat the same tired old arguments as well that somehow some of these gentlemen magically were out of their prime when they hit the octagon. Nog we are in agreement over he was in a lot of wars and past his prime. And he still did well in the UFC.

CC no. Absolutely no.

He was in his prime and failed in the UFC. That’s a fact.
There have been plenty of fighters that have suddenly fallen off. CC had more fight mileage than most when it happened to him. That's not even debatable.

So what if it just happened to be around when he got to the UFC? A lot of his contemporary UFC and PRIDE HWs fell off in a roughly similar time table.
I mean, it's not like he didn't fight (and beat) UFC champs before he fell off.

There have been plenty of fighters that have suddenly fallen off. CC had more fight mileage than most when it happened to him. That's not even debatable.

So what if it just happened to be around when he got to the UFC? A lot of his contemporary UFC and PRIDE HWs fell off in a roughly similar time table.
I mean, it's not like he didn't fight (and beat) UFC champs before he fell off.
Fine agree to disagree.

But I do think that part of the over hyping of him was about Fedor. And that’s a perfectly reasonable point. Because Fedor was hyped up to be this godlike fighter that anybody who could possibly give him a decent fight must be basically unbeatable against anybody other than Fedor. That’s real. And you know it’s real.

And we found out once CC got to the UFC

It’s bullshit.

cro cop folds in title fights... he doesn't have the heart stipe has.. he's a threat just like francis but all he has is a kickers chance

Francis?
{<jordan}

Man, talk about delusional and biased toward one generation of fighters.

The DC that fought in Strikeforce absolutely is one of the best to ever do it. I never said Cro Cop wipes the floor with him. That version of DC no longer exists. I said Stipe and the current HW lineup. You are like one of those Conor fans that assumes someone is a Nate Diaz fan because they don’t believe Conor is the goat.
Laugh all you want goof.

Schaub ko'd CroCop

Brendan fuckingSchaub

Back