Does anyone know what odds on Agapova Cifers were?

DevNull69

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Argh.. I didn’t set up account yet. That was horrible mismatch and obvious money just on Agapova videos. Cifers should be atom weight ..

Agapova -305
Cifers +235

fyi you can just google cifers vs agapova odds and it pops right up

-334 on Discount Joanna was not high enough, she is going to be a problem

Agapova was supposedly down as low as -150

I never saw it, and I definitely was looking. Lowest I found was -185

If you watched Agapova's past fights, she was anything but "obvious".

She literally learned how to throw an actual punch in this very fight, against Cifers. And before that, she had only learned how to throw a kick in her last fight, against Santos in Invicta. Agapova has been improving by leaps and bounds working at ATT, on top of growing a lot bigger and more muscular, all since her Contenders fight less than a year ago.

It was far from clear that she was value at worse than -300 against an opponent in Cifers who was even striking with Angela Hill and whose main weakness is to wrestling and submissions, skills Agapova doesn't really have beyond a RNC when the opponent is badly hurt.

As we saw with Tobe Hooper a week ago against Caceres, you simply don't know when young fighters will make a huge leap in ability or not.

I had a large bet on agapova x 1.62

If you watched Agapova's past fights, she was anything but "obvious".

She literally learned how to throw an actual punch in this very fight, against Cifers. And before that, she had only learned how to throw a kick in her last fight, against Santos in Invicta. Agapova has been improving by leaps and bounds working at ATT, on top of growing a lot bigger and more muscular, all since her Contenders fight less than a year ago.

It was far from clear that she was value at worse than -300 against an opponent in Cifers who was even striking with Angela Hill and whose main weakness is to wrestling and submissions, skills Agapova doesn't really have beyond a RNC when the opponent is badly hurt.

As we saw with Tobe Hooper a week ago against Caceres, you simply don't know when young fighters will make a huge leap in ability or not.
An atomweight with a laughable reach and height moving up in weight to fight a legitimate bantamweight. The size disparity was too big to ever overcome. Priscilla cachoeira would destroy Cifers also. Don't make things overcomplicated.

I got Agapova to win in RD1 at 11/2, didn't think she was going to and didn't think her ML was worth it but figured RD1 finish was worth a crack at those odds

An atomweight with a laughable reach and height moving up in weight to fight a legitimate bantamweight.

Dude, I know you're butthurt because I mocked you, but you should really stop embarrassing yourself.

Cifers was an atomweight when she first entered the UFC in late 2018, but she has gained a lot of mass and muscle since then. At this point, she is a very solid strawweight in terms of size. If you haven't noticed, have your eyes checked.

And while Agapova was certainly larger, your general "reasoning" literally failed in the main event a few fights later, since it featured a strawweight embarrassing and dominating "a legitimate bantamweight".

Eye's size advantage over Calvillo was at least as great as Agapova's over Cifers.

Nevermind how supremely confident you have to be to wager -3XX on a WMMA fight to begin with. Confidence that was only fully rewarded thanks to Agapova's massive improvement since her last fight.

I don't remember you mocking me. I only remember you not understanding what sarcasm is. Obviously Julia Avila won't beat any male professional fighter.

Eye is 5 cm taller than Calvillo lol and Agapova is 13cm taller than Cifers. So I don't know how you can even compare the two. Cifers is very short and has a very short reach, versus certain opponents there is no way she could overcome that, she is not like some technical marvel. but thats just my opinion of course. You don't agree that Cachoeira would destroy Cifers?

hindsight is 20/20

we all "know" a fight is obvious after its done. the odds were just about correct. cifers has speed and dexterity as well as experience in the octagon, which means a lot. but she will be outsized by most.

Back