Does anyone legitimately think Fedor can beat DC/Cain?

Sherdog mods need to crack down on hate speech on these forums.

GOAT Fedor denial in 2021?

Do better.

DC’s athletic prime was as a wrestler. His MMA success was in his 30’s as a fatter older version of himself.

True, but really I didn't see much of an athletic decline in the way he moves or fights. He still had top conditioning for a HW/LHW. What I mean is that I don't think he would've done much better if he had started a decade earlier. I don't see a younger DC beating Jon Jones.

I think Fedor started losing at a fairly young age for a HW for a variety of reasons honestly. Not just because the old prime switch was insta flipped. I’ll call him PRIDE Fedor instead of prime.

Fedor never had a great chin. Once he lost a bit of his edge in speed, he started getting KO'd more often. But despite that, even in the past few years, he's still one of the stronger and faster heavyweights.

Nope, those are terrible matches for Fedor. Fedor is arguably the GOAT heavyweight by accomplishment, but he would lose those two fights. Fedor has a better chance of beating Stipe.

Prime Fedor was easily outwrestled by Randleman and Coleman, so DC and Cain would also easily outwrestle him. And unlike Randleman/Coleman, DC and Cain have a lot more than just wrestling. Fedor struggled a bit on the mat with middleweight Matt Lindland, and Bigfoot's basic BJJ sliced right through Fedor's guard and decimated him. Fedor would get taken down by both DC and Cain and outclassed on the ground, beat up until a referee or doctor stoppage. There's no other way these fights would go at least 99 times out of 100.

And I see people are also discussing who is better between DC and Cain. I'll say DC is better, he takes less reckless shots and has better boxing defense (but is more susceptible to kicks), he's the better boxer in general and the better wrestler with better BJJ.

DC dodged HW because he couldn't beat Cain, he's said it himself. I know MMA Math, but it's ironic.

Have you ever had a friend? An actual friend? Sometimes when you have friends, you say nice things about them. That's what that was - DC and Cain are actual friends, it'd be a massive dick mood for DC to take Cain's spotlight and say "He's great but I'm better than him." You'd only say that if you intended to fight him.

No

Fedor fans are mostly trolls so you can’t take anything they say seriously

Fedor soundly loses to Prime DC, Stipe, Reem, Cain, Ngannou, JDS, Jones

First of all yet again, early 30s barring some rare exceptions isn't an athletes prime. He started losing at 34 after a decade undefeated and over 30 fights. He had visibly slowed down a few years prior.

That being said, yes I think he could beat them. They're tough fights but Fedor was a very accomplished fighter and had ways to win them both. Cain in particularly is very, very overrated on here. A flash in the pan that had a brief prime where he only beat a few fighters. People still rate him on what they THOUGHT he would go on to do based on beating jds 2x. Well his career is over and we now know he didnt go on to get all those wins. JDS himself actually has a better resume all time.

Prime Cain = the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport ....Old Nog , Big foot , Post surgery Brock and Jds are his wins ..... that’s not enough to be held in such high regard regardless of his potential.....Fedor could’ve knocked out or Subbed Cain .... Dc would be a tougher fight
<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

Prime Fedor out grapples and out strikes prime Cain. DC would be a great fight though

edit: why did I reply to this thread?
ED2BAD1D-91BA-4FE6-A1DE-80A9409027C4.jpeg

May not beat them but he still had a better run and career.

And I see people are also discussing who is better between DC and Cain. I'll say DC is better, he takes less reckless shots and has better boxing defense (but is more susceptible to kicks), he's the better boxer in general and the better wrestler with better BJJ.
Jon Fitch: Cain Velasquez would beat Daniel Cormier
"[Cormier] is not a true heavyweight. He might be 225, 230 soaking wet. He's not a heavyweight. He's so good as an athlete and a fighter that he can get away with beating heavyweights up, but he's not a true heavyweight. Just based on size, you have two guys who are equally skilled, equal work ethic, equal punching power, equal everything, you're going to put your money on the guy who weighs more."

Also, in BJJ, Cain has a black belt, and DC has a brown belt under the same guy.

Last edited:
DC/Cain in their primes are some of the most skilled heavyweight mma fighters. Does anyone think prime vs prime fedor could beat them?

Fedor in his early 30s ducked overeem, got beaten by bigfoot, submitted by Werdum and koed by Dan Henderson. DC was well out of his prime when he fight Stipe but he would still beat Werdum/Bigfoot and Dan Henderson.

Cain would hold him against the cage and beat him up and wear him down. DC would walk him down beat him up and probably throw him over the octagon.

giphy.gif

hendo-ko-on-fedor.gif

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

Cain%2BVelasquez%2Bvs%2BAnt%C3%B4nio%2BRodrigo%2BNogueira%2B(2).gif

Fedor's prime was 2005-2008. If they fought then I'd bet heavily on Fedor.
Cain's prime was 2010-2013. If they fought in 2010 it'd have been close, in 2013 I'd have bet on Cain.
DC's prime was 2015-2018. If they fought then I'd bet heavily on DC.

There's very little overlap in the primes, so most of the fights are pretty easy to pick -- just choose the guy who's in his prime.

If you mean moving them around so their prime's match, that becomes interesting when you have a time machine.

Jon Fitch: Cain Velasquez would beat Daniel Cormier

Also, in BJJ, Cain has a black belt, and DC has a brown belt under the same guy.

Yes I remember Fitch saying that. I'd still bet on DC, and I wonder if Fitch would've said something different after DC beat Stipe? He said this right as the "Cain = GOAT" talks were coming out. I bet momentum had a lot to do with it.

Interesting note about BJJ belts. If we go by what we've seen from them in the cage, Cain has no submissions while DC has several. Cain generally just sticks to wrestling positions on the ground and punches his opponents. The one time I've seen him attempt a submission, it was an ill advised attempt in the 3rd JDS fight.

stipe is better than everyone in this thread

skills and wins

Asks about "Prime Fedor" then shows examples of him into his 30's definitely out of his prime. Next.
What can we expect from these retarded Fedor haters? So eager to show how ignorant they are when it comes to mma.

1/10 troll job.
If you wanted to pick someone to be better than Fedor at least with the upper tier of UFC HW GOATs not those second tier candidates. Fedor vs Stipe and Timmeh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back