Don’t Open Till Doomsday II

eastNYgoon

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Im 36, a husband, father and work full time in the outdoors. I was a competitive powerlifter and grappler for about a decade but stopped both due to various injuries. My main hobby now is mountain climbing. Whereas my focus before was to have the most intense/productive/fun training session I could, my current goal is to feel strong/conditioned/energetic BETWEEN my training sessions while I’m with my family and at work, and to carry that athleticism over to my climbing trips. I’m trying to stay around 160-170 lbs BW. No specific lifting goals at all. This log is just for accountability and having fun.

My best lifts (all around 170 lbs BW)before a major back injury were

Squat • 460
Bench Press • 300
Deadlift • 555
Clean & overhead • 250?

9/10
ultra marathon

My first race. I’ve been very active lately so I felt relatively prepared for it. A few times a year I put in a 20-30 mile day with up to 10,000’ of elevation gain in the mountains but there’s usually a summit goal involved. This was supposed to be a 70 mile/9,000’ gain race. I made it 20 miles before I bailed due to terrible Achilles pain. I’ve been dealing with Achilles tendinitis in both feet for two years now but it really came to a head during the race. I’m glad I made the decision to not push through the pain. Because of that I wasn’t even limping the next day. I’ve started a daily routine of massage, foam rolling and stretching . Hopefully in a few weeks I’ll notice a difference. Even though I “DNF” I still had a lot of fun.

9/12
power clean
135 x 1

9/14
swim

Half mile?

bench press T&G
135 x 15
165 x 3

• I am a terrible swimmer but it’s fun working on things you’re not good at!

9/15/22
parallel grip pull-up

bw x 15
bw x 13
bw x 14
bw x 9

curls
25 x 15

• Everything done in between playing with kids.

9/16
power clean

135 x 3
155 x 3
165 x 1 @ 9
135 x 8

• Felt flat. No pop. Went to sleep too late.

DB lateral raises
15/10/5/2.5 x 15/15/15/15 drop set

BW • 168

Last edited:
Back